The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Ronaldo had the choice to who he wanted to keep and chose Di Maria, Hence why Ozil was the one sold,
I do think Arsenal would of signed Di Maria if it was him that was to sold however just the same

Ronaldo had the choice to who he wanted to keep and chose Di Maria, Hence why Ozil was the one sold,
I do think Arsenal would of signed Di Maria if it was him that was to sold however just the same

Where are you seeing this at?
Agree with Ozil>>>>>any other EPL CAM

Just thinking about the Herrera situation, Woodward really really really screwed the reputation of United up with that one. For Moyes sake, he should take all the blame.

Last edited:
Real wont miss a beat with isco feeding cr7. Isco was one of the best mids in la liga last season and he's only 21. Him, mata and santi are the new Spanish playmakers start getting used to it

Where are the reports that Real Madrid chose Ozil to leave but Di Maria to stay. Correct me if I am wrong but it was Ozil who wanted to leave and it was his father who talked to other clubs to field interest. I'm pretty sure RM would have preferred for Di Maria to leave but he was content on staying in Spain. I'm pretty sure RM would have been content on keeping Ozil like they would have Higuain but the price was too good to pass up on both transfers. I do agree that Bale isn't worth that transfer fee and at the same age (24) Ronaldo was still the better player.

wrjtjp.jpg

:smokin

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2013/09/03/4235115/ozil-madrid-lost-faith-in-me?ICID=HP_BN_8

Ozil: Madrid lost faith in me
By Shane Farrington
Sep 3, 2013 3:48:00 PM

Arsenal broke their transfer record to seal a deal for the 24-year-old and the midfielder has revealed a talk with Arsene Wenger helped to sway his decision.

Mesut Ozil has revealed the faith shown in him by Arsenal and a breakdown in his relationship with Real Madrid sealed his move to the Premier League.

Ozil completed a €50 million move to the Gunners on transfer deadline day to becomes the club’s record transfer and the second-largest in English football - with only Chelsea’s £50 million deal for Fernando Torres from Liverpool costing more.

And Ozil has confirmed he had intended to stay at Real Madrid as recently as the weekend, but felt a lack of faith shown in him by the Spanish giants proved it was the right time to leave and join the Gunners.

He told the German football association's official website: "At the weekend, I was certain that I would stay at Real Madrid, but afterwards I realised that I did not have the faith from the coach or the bosses.

"I am a player who needs this faith and that is what I have felt from Arsenal, which is why I have joined.

"I am really looking forward to it because I have the faith of the coach. I had spoken to him at length on the telephone, he explained his plans and that he has faith in me - that is what I need as a player.

"I am looking forward to the new challenge there. I have already heard that they have super fans, the city is great and the team is fantastic."

Ozil also believes Arsene Wenger can take his game to another level and is relishing playing in the Premier League.

"Wenger gives me the faith and I can develop further," he added. "I know what I can do and I know that I could make the grade with any club in the world because I am so convinced in myself, but if I don't feel people have faith in me, then that is why I had to leave and at Arsenal, I feel I have this fully.

"I am sure the new coach is going to develop me further and I am also really looking forward to playing in the Premier League."

Last edited:
eiddy - A short while ago, I suggested Woodward was more at fault for the inactivity/ineffectiveness of the Man U summer transfer business but you suggested it fell more on the hands of Moyes if I remember. Was there something that changed your mind?

Last edited:
eiddy - A short while ago, I suggested Woodward was more at fault for the inactivity/ineffectiveness of the Man U summer transfer business but you suggested it fell more on the hands of Moyes if I remember. Was there something that changed your mind?

I now firmly believe you were on to something, at the time, I was just too focused on Moyes.

I believe they're both at fault. Hell, I believe the Glazers are also at fault. If you're running a corporation, you don't change your CEO, Chairman, COO, Board of Directors and CFO all in the same damn year, right? That's just reckless, you make each change individually timed right. Thus, letting SAF, Rene Meulensteen, David Gil go all at the same time was stupid. But alas here we are.
Moyes SHOULD have handed REALISTIC targets to Woodward pretty much the day after his arrival (I pray he sent more than just Fellaini and Baines, even though I'm quite confident that's all he sent). People should not act like Moyes needed time to get accustomed to the team. He knew what players he had, he knew he had a midfield problem, and one conversation with his friend SAF, should have cleared up what problems the club had.

Now, Woodward, should have closed deals in the opening weeks. Traditionally, United has always done business late in the window, but that's fine because we were in the trusted hands of Gil and SAF. If Gil was working a deal and needed reinforcements, SAF would pick up the phone and talk to the player, similar to what Wenger did with Ozil, and finish the deal. But this is Woodwards first window, he should have been closing deals as early as possible, getting the first 1 or two notches on his belt, allowing him to build his own confidence, and potential targets confidence. All he did was completely embarrass himself and the club.

Gary Neville said that one thing about the transfer window is that you can see how badly run some clubs are, I'm almost 99.99% sure he was talking about United, even though he didn't mention the name. The Glazers come from a strong sporting background they should have NEVER let someone as inexperienced in that position of Woodward, and they should have never been so careless with the transition of the club. If the club only signed Fellaini, that would be okay in my mind, because it's a transitional year. But the way it was done, was just Amateur Night at The Apollo, I would expect this from a Championship club, not from the current Champions, or the most successful club in England.

*drops mic, steps off podium*

Cliffs:

-Moyes completely screwed up.
-Woodward completely screwed up.
-The Glazers completely screwed up.

Last edited:
Believe me, Cristiano is not happy with these past few days. Ozil thread the needle with his left-footed crispy passes to Ronaldo, complementing his runs on the left-wing.

Not sure if Isco will be able to live up to Ozil and Ronaldo's connection.

I agree, CR7 can't be to excited with Ozil gone and now Bale, who WILL take touches away from Cristiano, now in the fold. I believe Isco is ready to take over. He did wonders with Malaga as the main string to the offense and feeding players and he'll do the same with Bale/CR7.

Also Modric now becomes a bigger role. If you look at it, Madrid chose Modric over Ozil. I believe as long as Cristiano is still getting his looks and we're winning, he'll be fine. But this could get very ugly for RM if things don't work our

Seems like Manchester United would be best served to forfeit the rest of the season and perhaps just shut the whole operation down.

Good choice by Ronaldo imo.
View media item 564620
Everyone wins too. Ronaldo has DiMaria, Isco, and Bale

Mesut gets to play with his countrymen podolski at Arsenal.

Last edited:
eiddy- I agree with you 100% EXCEPT.. Lets not make gill out to be some great guy.. He was a real puppet for glazers as well, but at least his name had some clout . Not too worried about of club.. Still have depth and will push for trophies. No one did enough this summer to run away with the title.. Lets dig in for a great year

Where are the reports that Real Madrid chose Ozil to leave but Di Maria to stay. Correct me if I am wrong but it was Ozil who wanted to leave and it was his father who talked to other clubs to field interest. I'm pretty sure RM would have preferred for Di Maria to leave but he was content on staying in Spain. I'm pretty sure RM would have been content on keeping Ozil like they would have Higuain but the price was too good to pass up on both transfers. I do agree that Bale isn't worth that transfer fee and at the same age (24) Ronaldo was still the better player.
I agree with Ronaldo being a better player than Bale at 24, but Ronaldo also had better talent surrounding him than Bale did. Bale still managed to perform well. He may not have as many accomplishments and may not have been as fluid as Ronaldo, you cannot deny that he did put in work. Now that he is on RM let's see if he gets even more refined and continues to produce just as much as he did at Tottenham and if not, then more.

Last edited:
One would wonder if cr7 will stunt bales development. Lets be honest he's not quick to pass the ball

Back
Top Bottom