The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Today has been a rough day, I cant believe he's gone.

Dude had steez too
smokin.gif
... Good Luck Gunners, I don't have a team in the EPL, but I think I now have a dog in the race.  

(despite my resentment of when Henry eliminated us in the CL back then) 

Out of all the Madrid players, none was more overrated than Ozil. The weight of that Madrid #10 jersey was too much for this kid.

Only on NT is Ozil neither a difference maker or a world class player.
roll.gif
Typical NT response when there is nothing of importance to add to the convo..

I guess I have a different interpretation of world class player..

A world class player would've taken that chance against Dortmund and taken the pressure off of his team..

World class players do things when they matter the most.. 

When has Ozil made the difference in a big match?
Is Ozil better than Silva and Mata?
Silva
Ok...you know messi has clips missing EASY goals too right? Like if you play long enough you'll have videos of epically bad plays. that's not a reason to say someone isn't a difference maker
laugh.gif
like he's punished for having Ronaldo finish off his passes? Playmakers make other players jobs' easier we will see what kind of difference he makes at Emirates but to say he's not a world class #10 is pretty ridiculous. Like Wayne Gretzky has missed plenty of open nets, Jordan has missed layups Ozil isn't that level of world class but point is excellent players miss easy plays occasionally.
laugh.gif
at just diminishing Ozil as some kind of serviceable, replacement midfielder you can find anywhere smh you vs. find 10 awesome plays for every 1 gimme goal, turnover, giveaway etc. not to say he's nt without his faults and weaknesses but c'mon now. I get the feeling Arsenal could've signed messi and some people would be nitpicking his game too
laugh.gif
I say hes not a difference maker because he doesn't get it done in the big games.. Not for the reasons you mentioned.

The three biggest matches Ozil has played in since last summer were the Euro & CL semi-finals..

All three matches were mediocre performances at best..

I know any player is capable of missing an easy goal.. But he missed it during a big game.. When it matters..

But then according to your logic, messi, ronaldo, Ramos, etc are not world class cause they @#%# up horribly in multiple penalty attempts and easy scoring opportunities in big games in the last year alone...

Is Ozil better than Silva and Mata?
Ozil >> Mata >> Silva. 
Out of all the Madrid players, none was more overrated than Ozil. The weight of that Madrid #10 jersey was too much for this kid.
You could call Benzema or Higuain overrated. I dont see how Ozil is overrated. Dude is a legit monster on his day. 

Madrid better hope Isco turns out to be a stud, because they just removed a proven commodity in Ozil from their team. 

Bale could barely dribble the ball at his presentation today lol. Someone should post that video.

That's Bales biggest weakness, dribbling and ball control. Needs to work on that.

SMH @ Ozil being overrated.. dudes will try and slight Arsenal every chance they get.. Does he solve their issues? no.. but he will add 10 points to their campaign easily.

Fellaini does not solve our creative issues.. Kagawa/Rooney do tho. Fellani adds the steel to our midfield that we have been missing and will add the occasional goal. I want Fellaini paired with carrick and kagawa playing in front of them. Zaha needs playing time too.. hes our best option on the wings. People have put so much on cleverly having a bad game at pool (he deff did) but again our wingers showed nothing. Moyes has been playing it too cautious with his team selection, we have depth abd its time to blood our babies. Dont wanna spend money, thats fine with me.. but you have to then start using our youth. Lingard and Januzag all need to see the pitch, one thing Fergie got right early on in his career was putting faith in our youth. We supposedly brought in Moyes because he shared this idea, yet he continues to rely on Giggs. Thankfully we still have sooooo much time left to see how he does.

Last edited:
I'm really looking forward to the next Arsenal press conference, and the next United one.

I'm also looking forward to hearing from Gary Neville about this on MNF next week...

View media item 564271
View media item 564272
Meanwhile...

View media item 564273

Interesting comment I read on the situation at United:

"Honestly, anyone with half a business brain knows Moyes has little or nothing to do with the transfer deals. He will have spoken to Woodward with a list of possible targets and it remains his job to execute the deals. Woodwards lack of experience has shown true here and he is the reason we've missed out on so many players and publicly. The Baines bid yesterday was embarrassing, Woodward offered £1m more than he did 8 weeks ago! David Gill would have got a list of names back in July from Moyes and wrapped them up within a month, tops. Everyone needs to stop blaming Moyes as it's not his fault."

But this does bring me to my question....maybe someone with some Bundesliga knowledge can explain...

How is it, that a team like Dortmund, can continuously sign and bring out new unknown players who are literally champions league ready from day one and cost a fraction of big name stars, season after season, but teams like United, Arsenal and Spurs struggle to find quality players for "affordable" prices?

Arsenal still need another defender and striker

When you still have the best striker ever at the club, defense doesn't matter

You'll be singing a different tune when clubs starting taking Jenkinson and Mertesaker to task...

Its a joke :lol:
Best striker ever=Nick Bendtner

On a serious note, Flamini adds some cover and can play in the back four as well. But he is only a short term solution

Edit - Podolski will be out for three months with a hamstring tear

Last edited:
But this does bring me to my question....maybe someone with some Bundesliga knowledge can explain...

How is it, that a team like Dortmund, can continuously sign and bring out new unknown players who are literally champions league ready from day one and cost a fraction of big name stars, season after season, but teams like United, Arsenal and Spurs struggle to find quality players for "affordable" prices?
Could be Dortmunds scouts.

Last edited:
For Dortmund, it's a combo of the management, scouts, & Klopp that either bring along talent from their youth academy or identifying talent at a reasonable price. You have to admire Dortmund's efficiency while also playing an exciting style of futbol. I hope Klopp stays at Dortmund though. It would be good for German futbol if he stays.

Tough to see Ozil leave. I would love to hear what CR7 thinks about it. They are putting a lot of faith in Isco it seems. No more Kaka or Ozil...midfield is looking a little thin in the middle. But i guess you have to make some money back after blowing all that on Bale. On the bright side id get to see Ozil play more since i can see every EPL game this year.

Dortmund and Porto...always have young talent.

Believe me, Cristiano is not happy with these past few days. Ozil thread the needle with his left-footed crispy passes to Ronaldo, complementing his runs on the left-wing.

Not sure if Isco will be able to live up to Ozil and Ronaldo's connection.

Summer 2012: Tottenham and Real Madrid form a partnership
Summer 2012: Modric to Real Madrid
Summer 2013: Bale to Real Madrid
Summer 2013: Mesut Özil to Arsenal

I'm very surprised Levy allowed this to happen.

Even if he damn near put a full starting 11 with Bale money, still.

I was just telling someone the same thing (Özil situation), this might implicate Ronaldo signing that extension if things don't work out with Isco/Bale. Him and Özil were like Shaq and Kobe.

I hate to see him go, one of my favorite players to watch, world class, and him leaving Madrid is heartbreaking.

I'm happy to see he didn't burn the bridge at Madrid though, felt the club pushed him out if anything, fans and media loved the guy. Hoping for a future return to the Bernabeu. :lol: :frown:

I wish him the best at Arsenal, him and Santi should be fun to watch.

Oh and Özil >>>* any central attacking mid in the BPL.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom