The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

I would be up +600 this wc if costa rica didnt win those 2 games. i made a few hundred from group stages but germany losing today killed it all :x
*Drew

Its much, much easier betting on club soccer and then not ever betting for teams you actually support. International soccer is a totally different animal.

Dudes on facebook thinking the US is gonna get an easy win tomorrow with Pepe and Coentrao out. Don't see it happening. Where are the goals gonna come from for the US? If Dempsey has a bad game I don't see anyone else scoring and Portugal is going to exploit Beasley at left back. Dude's age was showing in their first game

What I see happening is Ronaldo playing tomorrow and making an impact. However he will make his knee injury worse in the process and in Portugal's third game he will be sidelined because of the pain in his knee

Last edited:
I always felt that tomorrow was a must-win for the US side

Na the US would have been happy getting just a point against Portugal if Germany won today. The result today changes everything.

What a ridiculous group tho, it's not even fair looking at some of the other groups :x :smh:

The US should still be happy with a point. That would mean both the US and Germany would advance with a draw when they play. Germany would win the group on GD.

Depends on which US side comes to play. I'm expecting a very tight game regardless of who does or doesn't play

If portugal loses tomorrow he'll be back in madrid to rehab ASAP.
I hope the US wins tomorrow just so I can quote some folks :lol:

Hell even if they lose tomorrow and don't get out of the group, there are some quote worthy post because the US won just 1 game

In my (limited) professional medical opinion, I think it could be a blowout fracture of the orbital.... I would doubt the physio's would clear him to play....

ESPN had an interview with him earlier this week where they asked if he would wear a mask & he said no without hesitation. Tried to find video of it but couldn't. The medical staff could've/should've told him otherwise & made it a requirement for today...

Either way, US is gong to win today. :smokin

Last edited:
Gundogan underwent surgery this last week and expected to make a full recovery in 3 months. I pray my dude can bounce back

laugh.gif

Man im torn. I want to root for portugal so they have a shot to get out the group but usa because they can clinch a spot in the next round..

Goddamit

Exactly. So even though I would like both Portugal and USA to make it through it's just not gonna happen

Mertens is just ballin out there

Chuks Aneke signed for Zutle-Waregem. Good move for him, had a bunch of offers from Championship clubs but the Belgium club might play in the Europa League if they qualify

Back
Top Bottom