The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Don't know if it was posted in the WC thread (I don't go there anymore) but apparently the design in CR's head from his barber was a tribute to the same scar of the child he paid for his cancer surgery a while back. I got this from around the internet and it being the WC with more than the normal amount of footy fan eyes watching footy I'd expect a whole lot more false stories out there. take with salts of grain. pretty cool if real though

As much as I wanted the US to win today, I'm kind of glad it was Ronaldo who set up the final goal. The way the fans at my bar were acting every time he was on the screen was so petty and childish. Some dude behind me was literally screaming "I @$@$@$@ HATE YOU RONALDO YOU #*$#% !!!" in the first half of the game, when dude hadn't even done anything :lol:

but damn, to draw like that...I would've had no problem if it was a well deserved draw by both sides, but USA was clearly the better team tonight. I was surprised at how often we created turnovers and scoring opportunities, too bad it was almost for nothing...we could've proved that we can beat the big teams when it actually matters instead of just in friendlies. That would be such a huge confidence booster for our team. That's why this feels as bad as a loss even though technically it's not a bad result

Last edited:
Last edited:
Every time Ronnie missed a free kick or ****** up a shot the whole place gave him a round of applause :lol: loved every minute of it...except the 94th one :x

Still can't believe that happened..
frown.gif

But most of us said 4 points after 2 matches was ideal so #IBelieve

It's a shame Jese & Thiago weren't available. Interested to see how La Roja finish out.

Disappointed at the lack of passion & urgency they played with. Kinda mirrored my beloved Barca this campaign... :rolleyes

Working from home this week... Got the TV in the kitchen (where I am) on the Oranje vs Chile game & SoccerRos vs La Roja in the living room...

No RvP today for the Dutch today due to yellow cards...

Last edited:
I've never seen soccer odds so skewed......usually when a team is +900 dog the fav will be -300 or more......and the draw will be around +345ish

seeing that a draw is only +167 usa +900 and germany -120 makes me think books REALLY think these two teams are gonna draw

whether through fair play or some handshake "**** portugal and ghana" type **** 

interesting nevertheless and makes thursday match that more intriguing (for the gambling side of me lol)

Last edited:
I've never seen soccer odds so skewed......usually when a team is +900 dog the fav will be -300 or more......and the draw will be around +345ish

seeing that a draw is only +167 usa +900 and germany -120 makes me think books REALLY think these two teams are gonna draw

whether through fair play or some handshake "**** portugal and ghana" type **** 

interesting nevertheless and makes thursday match that more intriguing (for the gambling side of me lol)

You are speaking another language to me. Explain how and why those numbers make any sense.

Yes Psk, yesterday's game is Nani's career. I said he was having the worst-best game of his career. Lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom