The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Wow, that 2nd MEX goal! 

EDIT ~ Is MEX gonna win the group?!?!?!?

Last edited:
Another African team bitin the dust...

pouring-out-liquor.gif

Niko probably fitter than half his team..looks like he could still play a bit

sick pass by Rakitic on that goal

robben is player of the tournament for me so far.. who makes a run like that in the 92 min

Yeah it seems like every WC, there are a couple of standout veterans who just appear to be in total control, a pace above everyone else. In my eyes it was ...

Zidane and Vieira in '06
Xavi and Iniesta in '10

and it's still too early to tell this year, but Robben and Van Persie are definitely running the show up till this point.

Iniesta was 26 last World Cup :lol:

Forlan was the standout vet winning the Golden Ball

what a game guys.

Was at the edge of my seat the whole time until the first goal by Rafa Marquez, then the follow up from guardado and the last one from chicha got me through the roof!

elated!

Hope the USA can join Mexico with this feel of making it out the group stage.

CONCACAF!

Neymar and Benzema come to mind immediately for top performers thus far in the group stage. J-Rod low key.

Neymar has 4 goals & tops the list of most goals in the tournament so far. The following have 3 goals each; Benzema, Mueller, Robben, Valencia, & RvP.

Iniesta was 26 last World Cup :lol:

Forlan was the standout vet winning the Golden Ball

:lol: Damn, you're right. I guess a combination of his extra-aging looks and good pairing with Xavi made me think he had been there before. My bad haha.

and yeah, I totally forgot about Forlan. My biases run deep it seems :smh:

Watched a lil bit of the Oranje vs Chile game before I deleted it off my DVR... Chile looked tired... The Dutch have the best kits in the WC IMO. Both the home & away...

Watched a lil bit of the Oranje vs Chile game before I deleted it off my DVR... Chile looked tired... The Dutch have the best kits in the WC IMO. Both the home & away...
Lil' PSK needs a new one. Kongolo, Wijnaldum, Clasie, Depay, Maher, Strootman. Take your pick.

I wonder if LVG is looking at depay and other young guys on the dutch NT this transfer window.

I'm too practical... I like the France home but hate the white collar. It would get too dirty...

Reports are United signed 24 year old midfielder Ander Herrera from Athletic Bilbao for €36m... Luke Shaw to United is supposed to be a done deal too.

Bein Sport France reported that Falcao is going to Real Madrid.

Vela is reported to have turned down going to Arsenal.

Of course these are to be taken with a grain of salt...

I don't get Vela. He doesn't want to play for Mexico, doesn't want to play Arsenal. This dude gives no damns. He must be really happy and satisfied living in the grand old Basque country. :lol:

I guess more power to him? But he's soft in my book.

Last edited:
I don't get Vela. He doesn't want to play for Mexico, doesn't want to play Arsenal. This dude gives no damns. He must be really happy and satisfied living in the grand old Basque country. :lol:

I guess more power to him? But he's soft in my book.

was talking to my friend (mexico fan) about him and he nailed it. vela basically gives no damns about glory. just wants to be comfortable and make some money playing ball. no aspirations to be one of the greats or a top player. maybe not fair to say, but he hasn't done much to prove that to be wrong.

Last edited:
i really couldnt care less about this vela club saga but take this however you want.

vela has stated that playing soccer is just a job for him and nothing else. i think he said his dream was to play basketball.

Im assuming he might have a better offer from a different club or he wants to stay in spain.

it is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom