The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

I've never seen soccer odds so skewed......usually when a team is +900 dog the fav will be -300 or more......and the draw will be around +345ish

seeing that a draw is only +167 usa +900 and germany -120 makes me think books REALLY think these two teams are gonna draw

whether through fair play or some handshake "**** portugal and ghana" type **** 

interesting nevertheless and makes thursday match that more intriguing (for the gambling side of me lol)

You are speaking another language to me. Explain how and why those numbers make any sense.

Yes Psk, yesterday's game is Nani's career. I said he was having the worst-best game of his career. Lol

+ means they are the underdog. +900 is a HUGE underdog. it means for every $100 you bet, you get $900 back (plus the original $100 you put down). you dont have to do $100 though.. you can do $10 and get $90 etc..

- means they are the favorite. in this situation Germany are the slight favorites over the US. since they are the favorite you would have to bet $120 in order to win $100. if it hits you get $100 plus your original $120 you put down.

odds can go up and down closer to the date. I have a bet of IVC beating greece when they were +115 i believe. as of a few hours ago they moved to -105

Colombia and Japan are both at + odds, meaning there is no clear cut favorite to win... bad example because i think colombia should be favorites :lol:

im hoping colombia and ivc both win.. france is still at -125 over ecuador and belgium at -120 something over south korea. both are great lines IMO. i would bet on them now but lost my betting funds on Germany :lol:

Hypothetically, if a team is +500 odds, does it relates back to that 100$? So for a better lack of words, isn't that basically saying it's 5/1 odds? right?

This where I get confused. I understand football & basketball. One team is given points as a fav, you try to beat the spread and what not. But when it comes to what I've seen on here for soccer, I'm kind of lost. I think I saw a couple pages back Portugal is 23/20 odds to make it thru to the next round. How does that even make sense?

Sorry if I'm lost :lol:

Last edited:
Wasn't there a quote from Suarez last year saying Madrid was his dream move? :rolleyes

Luis Suarez 'always had Barca dream'
Luis Suarez has always wanted to play for Barcelona, his former Ajax teammate Gabri Garcia has said.

On Monday -- in what seemed like the start of a media campaign to build momentum for a move to La Liga -- the Uruguay and Liverpool striker's father-in-law told Spanish TV the time was right for him to leave Anfield.

Suarez missed Uruguay's first game of the World Cup, a 3-1 defeat to Costa Rica, but returned to score two fine goals in the 2-1 victory over England.

Both Mundo Deportivo and Sport now claim talks between Barca and Liverpool over a move have started, with Real Madrid also said to be seriously interested in signing the 27-year-old.

Gabri told Catalan radio show Esports en Xarxa, in quotes reported by Mundo Deportivo: "[Suarez] has always had in his head that some day he would be there.

"I believe that he would be a great signing for Barca. He would adapt very quickly, very well, and would fit in very well inside the club. Also, he has his wife's family living in Barcelona."

In December, Suarez signed a new contract tying him to Liverpool until 2018, but some reports in Spain suggest he still feels let down by the club's breaking of a promise to let him leave last summer.

The contract is thought to include a release clause, although sources have refused to confirm reports that it would be triggered by a 65 million pound offer, while reports suggest Barca's Chile attacker Alexis Suarez could be included in any deal.

Suarez has claimed he still feels unloved in England and has been "under attack" from the media, despite winning all three domestic Footballer of the Year awards after scoring 31 league goals for Liverpool last season.

http://www.espnfc.us/story/1907733/luis-suarez-always-had-barca-dream

i really couldnt care less about this vela club saga but take this however you want.

vela has stated that playing soccer is just a job for him and nothing else. i think he said his dream was to play basketball.

Im assuming he might have a better offer from a different club or he wants to stay in spain.

it is what it is.

Basketball? :lol:
Well Real Sociedad is where he'll be staying.

Suarez has to stay at Liverpool at least one more year. Its their first year in CL for years they need the best players they can get or already have.

Suarez has to stay at Liverpool at least one more year. Its their first year in CL for years they need the best players they can get or already have.

Money can change all of those plans for Liverpool. Real comes along with some 85m+ bid, and even though they're in a solid financial position, you think they'll say no?

Rumor going around that KPB got in to it with the coach and has been thrown out of the Ghana camp...

Dude not even waiting to "retire" this time around and skip the next cycle... :lol:
Bet on him still popping back in for 2018, whatever age he will be by then...

Last edited:
RUMORED SIGNING: Rio Ferdinand has agreed a deal to join newly-promoted Queens Park Rangers, according to Sky sources.

View media item 1043338

If at first you don't succeed in your relegation battle with ageing players looking for one last payout, dust yourself off, and try again.

QPR have learned nothing... :smh:

Does Wenger really want Balo?

If he can get into his head, he'll unleash a monster. But that's a big if, and I'm not sure if Wenger wants to take that risk, as the fans will call for his head if he doesn't come up with a decent striker soon.

QPR?!?!?!

:rofl: :rofl:

Queens Park Rangers had a higher wage bill last season than Champions League finalists Atlético Madrid, research by the Guardian has revealed.

QPR’S wage bill is higher than Champions League finalists Borussia Dortmund and their losses are bigger than Manchester City’s.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

and yet somehow, they want to try and sign ANOTHER PL player on ridiculously high wages (compared to newly promoted players)

On the other hand, Fulham begin their re-building process..

SIGNING: Fulham Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Adam Taggart from Australia A-League side Newcastle Jets, for an undisclosed fee. (Fulham FC)

View media item 1043346

Back
Top Bottom