The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Both keepers for France and Ecuador are playing great today. Not to say the attempts on goal have forced a lot of movement from the keepers, but they've done good to keep their teams in it.

Last edited:
Giroud, Sagna, and Koscielny all on
pimp.gif

This French team is much easier to like without Nasri and Ribery in the mix.
what he said.

cant believe ive been rooting for france in their group play.

is it just me or do the players not exchange jerseys as much?  i love watching the end of the match to see who's talking to who and who's exchanging jerseys but it looks like they barely do it now.

Those Adidas battle pack boots are fugly...

Nike wins in 2014 by default cause Adidas and Puma are straight garbage (design wise) this year with their boots.

Do any of these brands make simple looking, high quality leather boots anymore? I've stuck with my Adipure 3s from 2010 with the Kangaroo leather :pimp: Maybe the Nike Tiempo line?

I can't do these neon boots cause I feel like they'll give off the impression that I'm a good player when in reality I suck :lol: I gave up playing soccer from 2003 and didn't touch another soccer ball until 2010 :smh:

Last edited:
is it just me or do the players not exchange jerseys as much?  i love watching the end of the match to see who's talking to who and who's exchanging jerseys but it looks like they barely do it now.
Was that Ronaldo haircut story against USA proven false by the mother?

The actual Adidas boots themselves are ok, it's just the colorway that are horrible IMO. That black & white animal like print looks horrible.

A lot of the old head players like leather boots. Messi does too. His player issues are made of full grain leather instead of the synthetic uppers. Someone posted a vid a while back that had Xabi ribbing Ronaldo about Adidas boots being better & that Nike boots were made of plastic.

@ICE CITY FC posted this vid in the footy thread in the Nike section where Joey Barton talks about boots in the QPR bootroom. I think someone else posted this video somewhere too.

You guys are giving Portugal a lot of credit. Ghana went toe to toe with a pretty strong German team. The Black Stars kinda took Germany by surprise by pushing forward non stop. They were constantly pressuring the attacking & middle thirds with their speed & physicality. You really think Portugal can withstand that?

No denying Ghana is a very good team but Portugal in the past has been resilient and maybe just maybe they do it tomorrow. It's unlikely but you never know especially with Ronaldo on the field. He is the only one that can take over a game ask Sweden. So we will see what happens. I agree in the belief Bento sits back and counters quick. Carvalho should start tomorrow as well no doubt in my mind. Maybe Bento makes Ronaldo the striker and brings in Vierinha or Varela to start. Imagine Portugal going in up 2-0 at the half and the USA down 2-0 then what, it isn't impossible. We shall see

Was that Ronaldo haircut story against USA proven false by the mother?
Yeah. i think so.  i read something online a few days ago but it was in portuguese, and my portuguese is non-existent to beginner level but i did google translate and it was proven false by themother.  i didnt spend too much time reading the details through google translator but the it was false.  im trying to find the article again.

If Ronaldo was healthy, I'd have more faith. But he's not playing close to what he's capable of.
Muffed/scuffed wide shots. Sailing FK's.

I'm weary of Ayew's potential influence on the match. A perfect 2 goals in 2 matches.

I just hope the tendinosis in his knee doesn't start hobbling him & robbing us of a great footballer...

We redid my son's room & got him a new bed. We also got rid of some old posters & got him a Ibra, Neymar, & Ronnie poster to go in the poster frames...

I just hope the tendinosis in his knee doesn't start hobbling him & robbing us of a great footballer...

We redid my son's room & got him a new bed. We also got rid of some old posters & got him a Ibra, Neymar, & Ronnie poster to go in the poster frames...
Sounds sick. Very inspiring how you further and encourage your son's football interest and growth. In a generation where kids are so reliant on technology, computers, and video games. Many forget what it's like to play outside.

I wondered how much was media hype to advance and heighten Ronaldo's international legacy versus the severity of medical danger. That's me speaking unbiased.

No denying Ghana is a very good team but Portugal in the past has been resilient and maybe just maybe they do it tomorrow. It's unlikely but you never know especially with Ronaldo on the field. He is the only one that can take over a game ask Sweden. So we will see what happens. I agree in the belief Bento sits back and counters quick. Carvalho should start tomorrow as well no doubt in my mind. Maybe Bento makes Ronaldo the striker and brings in Vierinha or Varela to start. Imagine Portugal going in up 2-0 at the half and the USA down 2-0 then what, it isn't impossible. We shall see
doesnt seem too far fetched.  but if dude comes out with the exact 4-3-3 we've been using the last 3 years, there'll be no hope.  i like your idea of having ronaldo being the striker as that it limits his defensive responsibilites and he wont have to track back as much.  wouldnt mind see rafa in the starting lineup either.  but whatever happens, just make things a little bit more interesting and dont embarass the country.  i expect pepe to come out beasting.  he knows he f***ed up and he'll look to make up for it. 

i also want to get some opinions from you portchops as to what our future will look like.... euro 2016 qualifiers start in september and besides bento being canned.  our talent pool such as the gk that plays in france, anthony lopes.... midfielder in city's B squad, marco lopes....  bruma of course....  etc.  and who'll replace bento.  i know coupe probably follows the portuguese liga more than anyone of us here so maybe he knows about a prospect.  but this conversation is for another time and another place.  right now, we have a game to win tomorrow. 

luisfigo luisfigo the talent pool in Portugal is still very good. There are some players on the under 20 team that will make some noise. Barcelona has 2 of those players on their B team at the moment. Bruma is a great prospect but the way he handled his Sporting exit wasn't ideal, rumors are Mourinho wants to snatch him up since Galatassary are willing to sell, so we will see with him. I am still secretly hoping Nelson Oliveira will become a promising striker if not then Bebe. Bebe had a great season in Portugal and he could come back as the perfect striker for the seleccao. So we will see. Let's win this game tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom