The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

I hate to say it but with Cesc behind him I just cant see Costa not scoring loads. :{ The man made Chamakh look like a good striker.

Monaco project is still young though. I'd give em another year at least. PSG has done better this far though.
Monaco finished 2nd behind PSG.

Not sure how anyone can say Monaco has failed at this point. PSG also had multtiple years head start. I want Marseille and Lyon competing for titles again though. :(

Considering Monaco had just been promoted I would say that they did extremely well for themselves. Lyon hasn't been the same since Benz left, they and Marseille are going to need an influx of cash if they want to compete with dat oil and Russian mob $$$.

They certainly have done well for themselves. I mentioned this some post ago, I don't even remember how it got broughten up but Monaco has a pretty young squad. They just sold Riviere, which gives room for Anthony Martial (I know some of your FIFA players know who I'm talking about :lol ) I would like to see Kondogbia do better, I don't think that move was the greatest for him. I do think that they need a new experienced defender now that Abidal is gone.

With Lyon is the process of getting a new stadium, things will be a little tougher....a lot more pressure to develop players. I'm hoping Lacazette has another solid season. He should have gone to the WC but I know he was only left out due to Remy having more experience. I really want Yedlin to sign with Lyon, ti would be a great move for him

Had a softball game over near Harvard today and saw Liverpool doing some training drills, was going to stop by but decided not to. Possibly tomorrow I will stop by to see Markovic and try to get him to sign a Benfica Jersey that I have.

All you need to know is that Chelsea is outside of Russia and anything chelsea related.

I'm sure a business man like Abramovich has offshore accounts where he keeps good money instead of just Russia.

He's a EU passport holder, so he can open up businesses anywhere he wants in the EU, you don't have to be a citizen of the UK to open up a business or own a house there if you have a EU passport.

You have a Russian crest fam :{

Last edited:
Roman is a UK citizen.
Chelsea is most likely owned by an offshore company that he's setup, or if not, it's a UK company.

I'm sure the bulk of Roman's cash does not sit in Russia.

Sanctions should not affect Chelsea at all.

View media item 1091212
#soon

Cristiano, Bale + Rodríguez cost Real Madrid around €265M: more than what Ajax have spent on transfers (€232M) since their founding in 1900.

Last edited:
What a squad they will have next year.

Could they play this?

Xabi

Kroos Modric

James Ronaldo Bale

I'm not sure Xabi (other than a back up role) can be there... Sad to say but he looks as finished as Xavi (Barca)...

Last edited:

What kind of roster do yall think Bayern will put on the field in NY next week?
nerd.gif

So more likely is

Kroos

James Modric

Ronaldo Benzema/Falcao Bale

Safe to assume.

With Xabi nearing the end of his illustrious career (although still has some spark left in him), Kroos being brought in worked out well.

The fee for Kroos (which was a bargain for a player like him) plus the failed Illaramendi successor to Xabi experiment, was a no brainer in picking him up.

I just wish we would have given Casemiro a little more of a chance to prove himself. He played very well whenever Ancelotti called for his services last season.

Someone, anyone, take Illaramendi. Please. :lol

I wouldn't give up on Illaramendi yet. I'd like to see what he does this campaign before making any kind of judgement.

Damn, look at this pic... :lol SAF still looks old as dirt though... Evra looks like a baby...

View media item 1091322
Message from Evra to the United supporters -

‘After a great deal of thought I have decided the time is right for me to leave Manchester United.

It is the biggest decision of my career as this club is, and will always remain in my heart.

Joining and playing for Manchester United has been a privilege, a dream come true and my time here has been so memorable. Through the good times and the bad times we have all stuck together and remained loyal. I have always said you don’t just join Manchester United, you join the family and long may that tradition continue.

“This club is steeped in history and I feel privileged to have become a part of that. Over the past nine years I have met and worked with some incredible people, many of whom will remain friends for life. I would like to thank everyone at the club – teammates, coaches and in particular all the staff who made every single day in Carrington or at Old Trafford a special day.

“An immense thank you to Sir Alex Ferguson for making it all possible, for giving me the privilege to be a captain, to be inspired by the legend of Manchester United and to understand that nobody is bigger than the club.’

“My biggest thanks go to the fans. We have had some fantastic times together, we lifted all of those trophies together and that night in Moscow will live with us all forever. Every single time I stepped out in that shirt I knew I was playing for the badge and for a very special club. My passion for this club will live on and I know you guys will go on to enjoy more success in the coming seasons.”

Last edited:
At least the CBF believes in recycling... :rolleyes

I guess the crushing defeat to the Dutch under Dunga's watch in the last WC has been forgotten...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom