The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

There was nothing wrong or incorrect about what I said; I didn't state anything definitive :rolleyes

But often in this country, Fascism and Nazism are always intertwined, compared, and confused. There have been plenty of Fascist movements around the world that have absolutely nothing to do with Nazism. Nazism is it's own movement that branched off from Fascism, not the other way around. So just because Di Caneo has "Fascism" ideologies doesn't mean he should be out of job. He's out of a job because he's a bad manager.

That's all I'm saying. Back to footy tho

Last edited:
^ :smh:

I heard someone say Laudrup's Swansea side had more Spanish players in their starting line-up than Valencia's did. :x :lol:

One of my co-workers (whose a Chelsea fan) was arguing with another co-worker (Man United fan) stating Kagawa wasn't a world class central midfielder. I remember his play at Dortmund being stellar.

The only knock I could say is that he isn't the greatest/consistent defender & that he can disappear during big games at time - while at United. One could argue that he hasn't been properly utilized since his arrival at Manchester.

I could see both of their points. He might be a top flight world class central midfielder but he's def in the ether of that conversation IMO. What do you guys think?

World class, almost world class, really good....whatever you call him he deserves more time on the field. Man U needs some sort of creativity in the mid field to help out rooney. Valencia, Young, Welbeck, Fellani were not the answer yesterday. And i would love to see Zaha touch the field.

World class, almost world class, really good....whatever you call him he deserves more time on the field. Man U needs some sort of creativity in the mid field to help out rooney. Valencia, Young, Welbeck, Fellani were not the answer yesterday. And i would love to see Zaha touch the field.

So basically take every Englishman off the starting XI besides Rooney and Rio and they'd have a better team lol.

I agree tho, Young, Carrick and Welback shouldn't be starting. Or at least starting in a game of that magnitude. Nani, Kagawa, and Chica would have made them much more fluid.

Moyes has to start experimenting.

Last edited:
Kagawa could deff be world class.... Moyes to play him in his position and either move Rooney out wide or play him higher (till rvp is back) kagawa and Rooney could be lethal

Just my opinion, but I think if he was exhibiting world class play in training then he'd be on the pitch.

I get the feeling that he needs consistent minutes and belief in him from the manager and entire organization, and he probably doesn't have the passion to play for United at the moment, and won't until he's playing those consistent minutes in his position and not on the wing.

You can throw a utility player on the pitch after he hasn't played for months and he'll go out there and work if he wants to. I don't think the same applies for most creative players. They need to be in a certain mental state to really flourish imo.

Whenever RVP gets healthy he's obviously going to play up front, but I'd like to see Kagawa as the number 10 and Rooney on the left wing.

Last edited:
Everton is letting there fans vote for the new crest next year. SInce so many fans hated this new one. I'd choose the first one, Roberto Martinez did as well. Pretty sure the first one is going to run away with the votes.

View media item 588363

trying to justify fascism 
laugh.gif

In actual footy discussion, apparently Cules are upset over Rayo having more possession during the match. That's why I hate sports fans/supporters. That stat doesn't mean squat,especially since Tata's side won 4- nil. Barca dominated possession in the CL matches with Bayern earlier this year & what did that matter? :smh:

These Barca elitist geeks have got to go. "This is our philosophy, our way of playing football" Did they not watch every team pack the box and let our midfielders pass backwards and sideways for 90 minutes and hope that Messi finds a way to score from nothing? And then get embarassed by trying to pass too much, turning the ball over, and get scored on from a long ball/ quick counter? Ridiculous. There were so many times last season where I was yelling at the screen when I saw clear chances to counter, but instead our players would run a few yards and then slow down to wait for the rest of the team to catch up to them so that they could pass back and forth again. Meanwhile this obviously gave the other team a @#$% load of time to pack the box again :x :lol:

Last edited:
Theo out for two weeks smh
damn injuries stacking up :smh:

Damn :smh:
I don't understand how we always have so many players out injured, are the Footy Gods that cruel? There have been times where I have questioned our physio staff...
Gnabry and Ryo are about to get a handful of playing time.
Gnabry seems ahead of Ryo at the moment but I think if he starts on Wednesday, he won't start this weekend. So I think Ryo will start. Serge certainly has more of a physical edge. I really liked he tracked back to defend. Commentator, mentioned how Theo wouldn't do that :lol:
I think Ryo, Arteta, Frimpong, Moneral, Jenks, TV5, Eisfled, Olsson, Akpom and maybe Bendter will be part of the squad for Wednesday

Last edited:
Arsenal are very unlucky..

We talk alot about kagawa but im wondering what the deal with Zaha.. surely he is our best option on the wing and should be given a chance..

So Gareth Bale has been diagnosed with "left thigh muscle fatigue".

I have never ever heard of a body part beung diagnosed like that, if a Doctor told me that I'd laugh in his face. Maybe a strain or a pull, but that's ridiculous.

Spain and every news organization in it still say Bale was sold for less than Ronaldo btw, it's only the Spurs and England who say he went for 100 million. In this day and age, how can we not know.

Oh and Perez said Real had to sign Bale this summer because Manchester United placed a 60 million pound bid for him. There's the news for this morning. (Bale would have done great on thus United team if that happened)

Last edited:
Arsenal are very unlucky..

We talk alot about kagawa but im wondering what the deal with Zaha.. surely he is our best option on the wing and should be given a chance..

Yep, at least in a game you are losing 4-0 get your young players a run. Put Zaha in at that point. Sir Alex was always good at getting the younger players some experience when he could.

And i agree that there are other things to consider like maybe Kagawa doesn't fit the system since Moyes loves the hard workers/experienced guys and would have to change something to get kagawa into a playmakers role......or maybe he isn't showing well in training....but seriously....ashley young.....seriously.....seriously.

View media item 589399

Kagawa could deff be world class.... Moyes to play him in his position and either move Rooney out wide or play him higher (till rvp is back) kagawa and Rooney could be lethal

I know he's still finding his feet and all, but his early misuse of Kagawa is as baffling as Mou shunning Mata. Great managers should adjust/adapt their systems to the players they have, not the other way around. For his sake, I'd like to see him come good, but so far Moyes seems a tactical dinosaur like Hodgson - rigid 442 and two banks of four. It's reactive football and I can't see it succeeding against quality opposition.

These Barca elitist geeks have got to go. "This is our philosophy, our way of playing football" Did they not watch every team pack the box and let our midfielders pass backwards and sideways for 90 minutes and hope that Messi finds a way to score from nothing? And then get embarassed by trying to pass too much, turning the ball over, and get scored on from a long ball/ quick counter? Ridiculous. There were so many times last season where I was yelling at the screen when I saw clear chances to counter, but instead our players would run a few yards and then slow down to wait for the rest of the team to catch up to them so that they could pass back and forth again. Meanwhile this obviously gave the other team a @#$% load of time to pack the box again :x :lol:

Haven't come across any of these "elitists" and it's not even a point of criticism in the Catalan media. The only reason it's being talked about is because MARCA and the like have seized upon it and are trying to stir up problems - as they do. Most everyone recognizes the need for a bit more verticality with Xavi aging and players suited to it like Neymar, Cesc, and Messi in the side.

So Gareth Bale has been diagnosed with "left thigh muscle fatigue".

I have never ever heard of a body part beung diagnosed like that, if a Doctor told me that I'd laugh in his face. Maybe a strain or a pull, but that's ridiculous.

Spain and every news organization in it still say Bale was sold for less than Ronaldo btw, it's only the Spurs and England who say he went for 100 million. In this day and age, how can we not know.

Oh and Perez said Real had to sign Bale this summer because Manchester United placed a 60 million pound bid for him. There's the news for this morning. (Bale would have done great on thus United team if that happened)

Only the Real Madrid mouthpiece media outlets (MARCA, AS, etc.) aren't calling it a record - for whatever reason. The credible outlets (El Pais, Guardian, BBC, etc.) unanimously report it as a record fee. Muscle fatigue is pretty common - with the lack of preseason conditioning and fitness it probably just got overworked. He has a history of muscle issues too.

Haven't come across any of these "elitists" and it's not even a point of criticism in the Catalan media. The only reason it's being talked about is because MARCA and the like have seized upon it and are trying to stir up problems - as they do. Most everyone recognizes the need for a bit more verticality with Xavi aging and players suited to it like Neymar, Cesc, and Messi in the side.
Only the Real Madrid mouthpiece media outlets (MARCA, AS, etc.) aren't calling it a record - for whatever reason. The credible outlets (El Pais, Guardian, BBC, etc.) unanimously report it as a record fee. Muscle fatigue is pretty common - with the lack of preseason conditioning and fitness it probably just got overworked. He has a history of muscle issues too.

Oh okay, so what are the Barcelona/Catalan mouthpiece media outlets like Sport saying?

Would he have moved to Man UTD? Looking @ Man UTD, seems like a backwards move if he did go there. Especially with the talent Spurs amassed.

Would he have moved to Man UTD? Looking @ Man UTD, seems like a backwards move if he did go there. Especially with the talent Spurs amassed.
Spurs got that talent on the anticipation of the Bale sale. If I'm not mistaken someone in here said spurs also made 2 mil throughout the entire transfer period with the sale of Bale and acquisition of other players.

Juve sniffing around Man U again, this time for attacking mid Adnan Januzaj whose contract is up after the season. He's refused signing another contract so far. Another Pogba situation?

Early into his Man U career, Moyes looks to be very stubborn. He didn't want to play Ross Barkley at Everton who seems to be flourishing under Martinez...

What do Red fans think?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom