The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Honestly, I don't understand how Pellegrini came out with two strikers and thought he was going to get a result there. He knows how Bayern were going to play and he knew that he would always be outnumbered in midfield, and exactly what you would expect to happen, happened. It was really silly.

Robben said he didn't expect the game to be so easy, and I completely agreed with him.

I don't know what attachment Pelligrini has to Dzeko but he has to sit in him favor of Negredo. Dzeko's touches, spacing and creativity all lack in comparison. Joe Hart isn't the player he was in 2011-2012, and early in the 2012 season, he's been out of form for quite some time and now I know why all of the Casillas rumors are beginning to swirl.

Pep has Bayern playing like Barca on steroids, ticki-tacka + the size and strength of Munich, and they're expecting to come out of the group on top. But City...City has to figure this **** out ASAP.

My-T.

Honestly, I don't understand how Pellegrini came out with two strikers and thought he was going to get a result there. He knows how Bayern were going to play and he knew that he would always be outnumbered in midfield, and exactly what you would expect to happen, happened. It was really silly.

He likes to play in a 4-4-2, but it doesn't work when you're asking Yaya to come up higher in the pitch. Frankly, Fernandinho is mightily undersized in the middle of the pitch when put up against a Schweinstager or Philip Lahm. Nastasic has been out of form for weeks now, but Lescott is more of a liability than him, so its picking your poison at this point.

I did like Micah's aggressive play, and the only reason Ribery got loose for that goal was because Micah switched off with Navas to mark Kroos.

We'll still finish second in the group if we get on top of our game, but lately, that's a big if.

My-T.

Negredo should be starting every crucial match for City. Dominant at winning headers. Clinical finisher with both feet. Competent in buildup play.

Man U is looking bad. The team is just not clicking and Moyes is running out of time.

Don't understand why Pellegrini didn't make his subs earlier in the game. You're down 0-1 to the best team in Europe at halftime. As far as I'm concerned, you have nothing to lose. I expected 2 subs at halftime.

Negredo should be starting every crucial match for City. Dominant at winning headers. Clinical finisher with both feet. Competent in buildup play.

Same can be said about Jesus Navas. Relentless down that right flank. He was one of the few bright spots for City.

Di Maria earned my respect staying at the Bernabeu and fighting for his place.

Yeah, I agree with you here. Di Maria looked electrifying out there. I definitely respect a player for fighting for his place. There's another player who said the same thing. Kagawa :lol:, except he has a manager who doesn't even give him the chance to fight for his place.

He is also banned for the Dortmund vs Arsenal game.

:smokin Dortmund gonna get that work! :lol: but seriously that game will be :wow: :wow: beautiful soccer

I don't think it will be so easy.

I will admit that as an admirer of BVB, the match is a bit of a coin toss. Could go either way. But I don't think it will easy. Klopp on the sideline or not.

They're currently tied for top position of Bundesliga, and they just smacked Marseille 3-0 with no Klopp around.

They'll be pushing for that number 1 spot. Hopefully someone else can elaborate, I heard one pundit saying finishing 2nd may put Arsenal up against Barce, which is something Arsenal will surely not want either.

Even with Klopp in the stands, the fans at the Signal Iduna will be the 12th man.

Should be a cracker of a game...

Last edited:
if it wasnt for all the managerial changes arsenal wouldnt even be sniffing the top 4 this year everyone know that :tongue:

I think its hilarious when dudes play the "IF" game...

IN that case....

IF we'd never sold you RVP.... We all know how that finishes for you last season...

:rofl:

Gunners are playing strong football so the Dortmund game should be a good one...

I never realized how many Serie A players Galatasaray has. Disappointed in Juve only coming away with a draw at home in Turin....

if it wasnt for all the managerial changes arsenal wouldnt even be sniffing the top 4 this year everyone know that :tongue:

I think its hilarious when dudes play the "IF" game...

IN that case....

IF we'd never sold you RVP.... We all know how that finishes for you last season...

:rofl:

20: Manchester United had 20 different goalscorers in 2012-13, a record spread in a single Premier League season.

But sure, United was a 1-man team right :lol:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/may/20/2012-13-premier-league-in-numbers

Last edited:
Gunners are playing strong football so the Dortmund game should be a good one...

I never realized how many Serie A players Galatasaray has. Disappointed in Juve only coming away with a draw at home in Turin....

Who knows, maybe that will work out in favour for Mancini.

Maybe he won't lose them in the dressing room.

RVP was 1st in goals and 6th in assist last year.

Pretty sure Man U was a one man show.

20: Manchester United had 20 different goalscorers in 2012-13, a record spread in a single Premier League season.

But sure, United was a 1-man team right :lol:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/may/20/2012-13-premier-league-in-numbers

So you mean to tell me that without RVP you guys would have won the league? LMAO.

Funny thing is I never implied Man U was a one-man Team, my implication was that WITHOUT HIM, you guys don't win the league...

But then again -- and back to my ORIGINAL point -- playing the what if game is idiotic...

I love how people forget the season before United lost the league only by goal difference, and was tied at 89 points, WITHOUT Robin Van Persie.

People like to make it seem like United were playing like Arsenal for the past 8 years winning nothing, and the addition of RVP is what bought United the league title.

But as you said...playing the what if game is a waste of time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom