The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

:pimp:

houston the most mentally tough team in the league...new york also lucky that call wasnt made at the end.

This is just funny to me :lol:
BYLvX83IgAAXpgb.jpg:large

Isn't United trying to get one of them into their academy?
Reminds me that I never posted this. At least I don't remember doing so:
@redditsoccer Which 'son of a famous footballer' has a realistic chance of making it big? http://bit.ly/1bsFcFZ

Might be the first Sunday in my life that I didn't watch any soccer at all...smh...

At least my team won again, Chivas 1-0 UNAM

Wait, what?

I disagree wholeheartedly. Are we watching the same footballer?

Chiriches has formed a comfortable partnership with Dawson IMO.

I must confess, my prediction was for Spurs to be in the position Arsenal is currently enjoying.

Eriksen, Soldado, Lamela, Chiriches, Chadli, Paulinho, Capoue.

I like Holtby, less than Draxler however.

AVB is the right manager IMO. All the pieces are in place. A draw at Goodison isn't bad.

I wouldn't mind if Spurs won the league.

Champ -Nah, he's looked very unassured and nervous in all the games he's played until yesterday, slow for pace and giving away unnecessary possession.

As for the goals, the tally would be much higher if JD had been starting these Prem games, heck Adebyor would have probably bagged a few by now.

Last edited:
He had a picture perfect challenge on Mirallas, my friend.

I'll defer if you're a Spurs supporter and watch more matches than I do.

He had a picture perfect challenge on Mirallas, my friend.

I'll defer if you're a Spurs supporter and watch more matches than I do.
That's what I said though, yesterday was the first decent game he's had. 

It's all good though, I like the boy and want him to do well, as long as he is finally starting to settle and can put in more performances like yesterday, that's all I care about. 

And yeah, I'm a Spurs supporter lol.

Thoughts on Chadli and Capoue?
Neither have played enough yet to settle or gel. Chadli has had like 3 games and obviously Capoue has been out since the game against the scumbags.

Out of the new boys only Paulinho has settled quickly, but of course he has also played the most. Eriksen has had some flashes and was particularly impressive in the first half against Chelsea, Lamela has also had some flashes, but he was poor against Hull in midweek.

Still a work in progress.

I firmly believe AVB and Levy bought all the right players to compensate for the Bale sale.

Anything less than a top-4 finish is a major disappointment for me.

I firmly believe AVB and Levy bought all the right players to compensate for the Bale sale.

Anything less than a top-4 finish is a major disappointment for me.

100% agreed. I honestly thought once they started to gel, they'd be firing away goals left right and centre.

But something still seems to be missin...

Re. Spurs, a good piece on them in the guardian:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/03/tottenham

Caught Roma - seemed they missed Totti's craft and even Gervinho's trickery going forward. Garcia probably made his first mistake this season starting Bradley, though he's a solid player. Pjanic had to play higher up the pitch which lessened match control and made them too narrow. I think they could use the winter window to boost their depth in a couple spots, but with that midfield I expect they'll push on. Surprised they've coped as well as they have after losing their best defender and attacker from last season, but Benatia has been solid, and Ljajic has been great. Milan are so dumb - could've had Ljajic for a couple million more Euros. :lol:

Speaking of Milan, they're in trouble. Too many holes in the side, and another Balotelli suspension coming up. Read he has something like 88 career goals and 77 yellow cards. :smh:
Needs to get his $*#% together.

Balotelli :smh:
Hopefully he will get it together. As said before in this thread,it doesn't seem like he's surrounded by the best of people

Back
Top Bottom