The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Can't find much info on it though. 

this is what i got...

Documentary about footballers including David Beckham to get UK theatrical release.

The Class of 92, a documentary detailing the rise to stardom of six young Manchester United footballers including David Beckham, Nicky Butt, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Phil and Gary Neville, will debut in selected cinemas across the UK through Universal Pictures from Dec 1.

The film will be available on DVD the following day (Dec 2).

The documentary covers 1992-1999, culminating in Manchester United’s European Cup triumph, and interweaves the narrative with the social and cultural changes taking place in Britain at the time.

The production secured access to all six players and also includes interviews with Zinedine Zidane, Tony Blair, Mani from the Stone Roses, Eric Cantona and Danny Boyle.

David Beckham said: “My time with these players at Manchester United were the most special in my career. We came from different backgrounds, grew up like a family playing together through the ranks, all wanting to be successful. In the end, what we achieved was beyond our wildest dreams. I loved making this film and reuniting back with the lads and talking openly about our time together.”

Ryan Giggs said: “When we were approached to do this film, it gave me the chance to think back over all the events in not only my career but all of the lads involved. Hopefully you’ll see how personal it is to us all - we’re still great mates and who would turn down the chance to make a movie with your best mates?”

Phil Neville added: “Making this film was a great experience, it’s got us all together, as we don’t often get a chance to these days, to revisit old haunts and reflect over the past. I am really looking forward to seeing the film complete”.

The Class of 92 is directed by Ben and Gabe Turner, produced by Leo Pearlman, all of Fulwell 73 Productions and executive produced by Patrick Holland of Boundless, part of FremantleMedia UK.

http://www.screendaily.com/news/uni....article?blocktitle=HEADLINES&contentID=40295

A little late but arsenal looked good out there. Carzola was great all game. And although i hate him as a person...Suarez is so good.

City putting in 7 :smokin
Man U looked good...took the foot off the gas in the second half it seemed...i thought one of their early goals could have been offside but eh

The chelsea game was entertaining. Remy's goal was great

Am I drinking too much of the Blaugrana kool-aid or is it impressive that Barca almost held RM scoreless in the first Clasico this campaign considering how Los Blancos showed out against Sevilla afterwards?

Am I drinking too much of the Blaugrana kool-aid or is it impressive that Barca almost held RM scoreless in the first Clasico this campaign considering how Los Blancos showed out against Sevilla afterwards?

it was impressive that Mascherano shoved Ronaldo and didn't get a PK called against him on a chance that Ronnie would have certainly finished. yes im still salty.

it was impressive that Mascherano shoved Ronaldo and didn't get a PK called against him on a chance that Ronnie would have certainly finished. yes im still salty.

You surely can't be salty about calls not going RM's way... They along with Barca of course have benefited from many calls & non calls.

Maybe the non call on Masch was karmic payback from the terrible calls that went in RM's favor earlier this year.... :rolleyes

:D

Last edited:

Ehh I'm not even a RM fan but watching the game RM looked in control for most of the 2nd half just couldn't capitalize. That Benzema shot was inches off and the should of been PK would have tied it up. Plus Ancelotti's starting XI was just turrible

It's impressive. But Ancelotti had no idea what he was doing with that lineup to start the game, he admitted so. Real looked much stronger the 2nd half, should have scored a couple goals (with the penalty) but Barca's best defense is ball possession not its center-backs.

A lot of rumors coming out of Portugal saying Barca are interested in Mangala and will push for him in January. If that happens, its a wrap, there defense will be that much better. He is a beast, no doubt one of the best CB in Europe. But Porto doesn't usually sell players mid-season, may have to wait till next summer. He'll cost a pretty penny but he's better and younger than David Luiz and fits the system better than Hummels; or any other CB's Barca are looking at.

Other rumors about Mangala are Chelsea, Monaco, and Man U - to be honest tho, if I was Real, I'd look into it as well. They need it.

Last edited:
I thought I posted about Mangala ages ago... I would love to get him... Not sure why there was so much attention to the likes of Agger (injury prone) & Luiz (overrated & Jose isn't going to help Barca).... He should've been the target from day one... :rolleyes I'd also favor Mangala over Hummels too...

Last edited:
Agger is attainable. He's jaded, frustrated at Anfield. Buck has a preference for Skrtel, Toure, Sakho currently.

Agger is attainable. He's jaded, frustrated at Anfield. Buck has a preference for Skrtel, Toure, Sakho currently.

Agger hasn't played a full season in the last 2-3 campaigns & continues to be injury prone. Unless he comes as a free transfer (fat chance), I don't want Barca to pay any type of money to bring him to Camp Nou...

Plus when Agger does come back from injury, he's struggled to regain his form... :rolleyes

I thought I posted about Mangala ages ago... I would love to get him... Not sure why there was so much attention to the likes of Agger (injury prone) & Luiz (overrated & Jose isn't going to help Barca).... He should've been the target from day one... :rolleyes I'd also favor Mangala over Hummels too...

50 Million €uros release clause, Porto won't take anything less than 45.

We'll see if Barca bite tho, they don't usually overspend.

Monaco said they are willing to meet the clause, Man U want to give Anderson & 30 million to Porto (NO THANKS), Man City wouldn't surprise me to pay the clause even tho that'd be a horrible organization for Mangala to go to, and last Chelsea wouldn't mind spending as long as they'd get rid of Luiz. Jose wouldn't help Barca, but he would give up Luiz to Barca to get Mangala, no doubt about it.

Coupe: You think Mangala is better than Marquinhos?

From what I've seen so far, I would rate them somewhat the same although Marquinhos is younger. Also Marquinhos' had some injury issues over the last 2-3 years... I think he was out earlier this campaign for PSG too...

Last edited:
If I had to nit pick, I'd say Mangala is better in the air because he has better vert & he's a rock solid 6'2"...

Marquinho is no slouch in the air but I don't think he's really 6" as he's listed...

Edit - I'm intrigued by the River Plate Eder Alvarez Balanta.... He's left footed & considered the best defender in Argentina's Primera Division...

Last edited:
Coupe: You think Mangala is better than Marquinhos?

I don't know Marquinho's game enough to give a detailed comparison, but from what I've seen (which hasn't been much) I'd say yes, no doubt. I've seen Marquinhos in a few PSG games and I haven't been overly impressed for the fee he was transfered at, but the dude is real young. Think he just turned 20.

Mangala however is another animal. He has the speed of a fullback (maybe faster), the strength of any top class CB, the athleticism and vertical of any world-class athlete. His tackles are on point and his work-rate is ridiculous, he can run for days, he doesn't stop (offense or defense). He may get too aggressive sometimes, but any foul he commits looks more extreme than it really is because he's such a beast. The only ***** in his armor is the fact he's not taller, he's 6 foot 2 (on a good day), which some consider small; some teams like dudes who are 6 foot 4 or over. I think he makes up for it with his athleticism. I wouldn't be worried about it. He's also a south paw, have to love lefties.

I'm not kidding around when I say this, he's the best young CB in Europe with the greatest amount of potential. Since you're Real fan I'll tell you this, as coveted and looked upon as Varane is - Mangala is better. I can compare those two, I watch them enough. I'd rather have Mangala any day of the week. To get the most out of his talent I'd say he'd be perfect for some English teams or a counter-attacking team (like Real) or any team that plays with a high press (like Barcelona). He'd be perfect anywhere the more I think about it :lol:

I do not want to see him go to the graveyard that is Man City tho, please no. :smh:

Chelsea/Jose was supposedly interested in Mangala at one point... :rolleyes

Still is, he fits Jose's mold. They'd have to get rid of David Luiz tho. Never know, it could happen.

Varane doesn't have his speed or athleticism, not even close. He is bigger tho if that means enough to you Cru. They however would be the prefect combination as CB's (French love it). Bring Ramos back to RB. It'd help Real alot on defense.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom