The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Good post on Blanc. I had my misgivings about him being hired thinking Ibra was going to walk all over him but he does seem very focused this campaign. More so than in previous years. If the story is indeed true, than credit does go to Blanc for listening to a player like Silva & changing tactics. It's not something you do of every player or in every circumstance but when it's player like Silva you at least listen.

I had my doubts as well, I really thought he would struggle egos and tactics. But you're right, if true, then major props to him. To be able to beside himself and be open minded, taking a players advice...something that will help strengthen the team. I know some people will look at the former and think that he was weak for having a player influence him like that but I really don't see it as so.

Bendtner is a better striker than half of the ones in the EPL.

He's actually great in the air, strong and can shoot pretty decently.

His speed is his only let-down.

He has talent. Even looking at him on the national level he has held his own. I do understand his frustrations about being played out of position and whatnot. Cerain actions just make things not work in his favor at all. Hope he can move to a decent club and get some quality playing time.

Great pics beans.

If Jose goes after Jackson Martinez, he's making a big mistake. I'd start losing faith in him. You already have Lukaku, Jackson is not an upgrade for the price Porto want.

:x First casualty for the Rossoneri slide down the standings, VP & CEO Adriano Galliani is stepping down next month... He's been there since the mid 80s.

Last edited:
Great pics beans.

If Jose goes after Jackson Martinez, he's making a big mistake. I'd start losing faith in him. You already have Lukaku, Jackson is not an upgrade for the price Porto want.

Jose just said in an interview Chelsea isn't signing a striker in January. And that he doesn't want any Portuguese players. :lol:

Jose's list already had Barca & Spanish players, :lol: guess he hate his fellow Portuguese too... JK...

I hope Barca isn't really interested in Martinez either. Price is way too high. I do think he might do better with a team that can get the ball to him better.

Edit - Looking forward to seeing Barca travel to Athletic Bilbao Sunday. Bilbao haven't lost at home since opening their new Basque stadium this year. I hope they come out crisp & bounce back nicely from their CL loss.

Also looking forward to seeing PSG @ home against Lyon as well as seeing how AVB & the Spurs bounce back from last week's rout.

Red Devils looked sharp in their CL game & the Spurs won their EL match too.

Last edited:
Side note: Just found out my buddy got tickets to the Munich/City game Dec 10.. so ill be sure to post pics of that as well

AWESOME pics man :pimp:

And yeah if you could post pics of that City/Munich game I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say those will also be much appreciated.

Speaking of fantasy teams, my champions league team is officially screwed. I thought it was one of those leagues where you can change rosters every week, did that the second week and lost a whole bunch of points for changing rosters lol. Y'all win.

Thank god for footy tho man, basketball is depressing the hell out of me. I don't want to watch the NBA anymore.

Oh, and Sergio Ramos seems to be playing his final year in a Real Madrid kit. They cannot agree on a new deal and Perez said he'd even sell him to Barca for a full 60 million euros. But he'd rather sell him to Man City or Chelsea for cheaper.

That leads me to believe Real would no doubt go after Mangala? Varane and Mangala as your CB's for now and in the future would be a good look. The French wall. :x

So arsenal vs cardiff is at 15:00 local time.. checked online and that means 3pm EST.. Is this correct :nerd: games are usually on in the AM over here..

So arsenal vs cardiff is at 15:00 local time.. checked online and that means 3pm EST.. Is this correct
nerd.gif
games are usually on in the AM over here..
its on NBCSN this morning @ 10/9c

Funny story.. as the players are coming by and autographing stuff... just talking to them and welbz is about to take off before I can make it over to him.. as he was stepping off... I yelled " fresh prince of manchester".. dude stopped in his tracks.. turned around laughing and asked if I wanted to take a pic (everyone else didn't seem interested in taking pics just signing)
nthat.gif

Back
Top Bottom