The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Knew Chelsea would win. Saw 3-1, expected 2-1.

Tough for Buck to not grab a point at Ethiad or Bridge.

Mes missing at least 3 matches.

[Lil Wayne}**** Chelsea and anybody that love 'em[/Lil Wayne]

Ref was terrible all game

Oscar is *****, Lucas should have put hands on that boy

FoolishDrearyIchthyostega.gif

@jamiek_gooner Brentford are to secure the loan signing of Chuba Akpom.
He deserves a loan, hope it goes well for him. Gnabry, Eisfeld, Olsson, Frimpong all need loans as well, hope they can all secure a move within the PL

This Sporting v. Porto match has been pretty good so far

This video made deadspin here.

Poor little girl, she's going to have a lifetime of suffering. Should have taken the Porto kit. :lol:

Last edited:
Barkley heads United's transfer wish list
29 Dec 2013 22:25
United manager David Moyes is keen to bolster his midfield with the signing of the Premier League's most talented starlets.

Share on print Share on email
WANTED: United are keen to secure Barkley's servicesWANTED: United are keen to secure Barkley's services
Ross Barkley is at the top of David Moyes' New Year wish list.

The United manager is determined to be at the head of the queue for Everton’s in-demand starlet.

Roberto Martinez insists that not even a Gareth Bale-sized bid of £86m would be enough to prise the 20-year-old away from Goodison Park – but the Merseysiders are bracing themselves for a host of big-money offers in January.

United – who made a last-ditch attempt to sign Bale before his summer move to Real Madrid – do not want to miss out on another superstar of British football.

They believe a bid of £50m will be enough to get Everton around the negotiating table – but the Premier League champions also know there will be plenty of bridge-building if there is any chance of a deal being done.

Relations are tense between the clubs after United’s clumsy attempts to sign Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines for a cut-price £28m in the summer.

That came after Moyes had already made the switch from Goodison to Old Trafford to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson.

The bid was described as ‘derisory and insulting’ by Everton at the time, with United eventually having to pay £27.5m for Fellaini in a last gasp deadline day deal.

View gallery
""""""""""
Ross Barkley: In Pictures
View gallery

They do not want to risk antagonising Toffees chairman Bill Kenwright further – but do want to register their interest in English football’s most exciting prospect.

United know it is highly unlikely that Everton would be prepared to sell during the January window, but they do not want to risk one of Europe’s top clubs snapping him up, as Real did when Bale left Tottenham in a world record deal.

The pressure is on Moyes to make a major statement in the transfer market after United’s shambolic summer dealings.

Executive vice chairman Ed Woodward will also under the spotlight with just two days to go before the window opens.

He has already made it clear that he expects the club to be in the market for the world’s best players, even if the bulk of United’s business will be conducted in the summer.

Still Moyes expects to strengthen over the next month, having monitored a number of targets across Europe.

Atletico Madrid midfielder Koke is a player he is seriously interested in, while Wesley Sneijder is also being considered as a short-term prospect.

Newcastle’s Yohan Cabaye is a player he looked at in the summer, and the Frenchman has been outstanding for Alan Pardew’s side this season.

Crucially the 27-year-old would be eligible to play in the Champions League.

Moyes remains an admirer of Ander Herrera, but is reluctant to meet Athletic Bilbao’s £30.5m valuation.

Borussia Dortmund pair Marco Reus and Ilkay Gundogan have also been linked along with Montpellier’s Remy Cabella.

Moyes is trying to manage the expectations of supporters, but admits he wants to strengthen in January.

“I think we would like to do so,” he said. “I would hate to get everyone’s expectations high thinking that we are going to be bringing in lots of players.

“The one thing I will say is that the club financially will support me in whatever we want to do or try to do. Getting the players in this window is the hardest part.

“At a club like United, we want to sign the best, elite players. A lot of them might be at other clubs right now and might not be gettable.

“If we can, we will try to do something. That’s going to take some time. I can’t do that right away.”

The French president's 75% millionaire tax has gotten approval

That's a shame... I didn't know this at first, but it looks like a temporary measure designed to last 2 years. I wonder what the impact will be on League Un? Does this mean the top stars like Falcao, Cavani, Ibra, Thiago, & Marquinhos???

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25541739

[bird man hand rubbing gif] Maybe Barca can swoop in & get Thiago & Marquinhos next month... :smokin

I guess VV will end up at Man City...

Last edited:

Had to drop him from my fantasy team. He hasn't done much in the pars few games. It got so bad at times I was asking myself if he was even on the pitch.

David Moyes is a clown. 50m for a 20 year old Barkley who's just having a breakout season???? Fire this man immediately!!!

Does he know there are other leagues and other teams to pick from? You can't simply try and buy your old team. Move on. Come up with something new....

^^^

Barkley isn't even the type of midfielder United are desperate for.

A Modric, Gundogan, YAYA, Khedira, Iniesta etc

Are some of the types of midfielders united should be looking for.

Barkley is going to want to play in the 10. If Kagawa couldn't get that spot over Rooney, why would Barkley?

Khedira would be a great fit at United. And imo he'd be appreciated more there. If his homeboy Ozil gives good reviews about the BPL and life in England maybe he'd be willing to move with Real heavily invested in Illara.

The move seems too outside of the box for the post Fergie regime though.

Ozil needed a rest, he isn't used to playing that many physical games in a row.

He might be able to get a rest next week vs Cardiff too.

Happy Monday gents... Speaking of Cardiff, the Sky Sports Sunday show had a discussion about Tan firing Malky Mackay. They're right, you've gotta be stupid if you want to manage there...

Sky Sport also just put out a doc on CR7 focusing on his 2013 campaign/goals.

Last edited:
Just how many of Ronaldo's goals were with his left foot and head is what impresses me more in that video. It's such a balance.

Just seen some highlights of Man U. Whenever they wear red with black/black is by by far there best look. :smokin

I forgot to say this after yesterday's match against Liverpool but it's nice seeing Willian out on the pitch. He's a hard worker, practically all over the place but he makes some head scratching decisions in the final third.

Messi is now being targeted to return January 11th against Atletico Madrid.

Rumors are floating about a loan deal in place for Barca's Christian Tello to go to Liverpool. That would be interesting.

Arsenal & Barca are said to be interested in Athletic Bilbao's 19 year old CB Aymeric Laporte despite the young Frenchman having signed a new deal rumored to contain a £30 million release clause.

Continuing with Barca, it looks like the replacement for Victor Valdes will be Monchengladbach’s ter Stegen however Juve & Arsenal are interesting in the young goalie too... Do the Gunners really need a new goalie?

Elche, Real Betis and Rayo Vallecano have all submitted loan bids for Atletico Madrid right-back, Javier Manquillo. He's a talented player but not getting playing time behind Juanfran Torres whose playing very well this season.

Rumors are afloat of Real Madrid keeping tabs on Tottenham's Paulinho as a replacement for Xabi Alonso.

Gareth Bale is out for Thursday's friendly against PSG.

Spurs just announced that they'll be in the US next summer. Games @ Seattle and Chicago.

Back
Top Bottom