The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

I've been out of town on vacation every time European clubs have come to Baltimore the last several years... Going to try & coordinate our vacation this year at a time that differs from clubs possibly playing in Bmore this spring or summer.

Gundogen (however you spell it) is another rumored replacement for Xabi. That's been being said for a while tho.

Coming out of Portugal, Chelsea and Jackson Martinez rumors won't stop. I think it's the wrong move for Chelsea, I'll keep saying it.

Messi is now being targeted to return January 11th against Atletico Madrid.

Rumors are floating about a loan deal in place for Barca's Christian Tello to go to Liverpool. That would be interesting.
Yep. Liverpool have been trying to acquire him since last year , but he wasn't ready to leave Barca yet cause he thought he would get into the starting squad. Hopefully we get him this time around.

I was so disappointed in Liverpool... They haven't been able to beat the top clubs this campaign. They've gotta turn that around if they want to truly get back to their old winning ways.

I was so disappointed in Liverpool... They haven't been able to beat the top clubs this campaign. They've gotta turn that around if they want to truly get back to their old winning ways.

That's cause they're a mediocre team with one sensational player.

Fabio Capello & Antonio Conte want time outs in football... :rolleyes

Man, get the heck outta here with that ish... Pep looked at them like they were crazy when they talked about it...

Last edited:
Fabio Capello & Antonio Conte want time outs in football...
eyes.gif

Man, get the heck outta here with that ish... Pep looked at them like they were crazy when they talked about it...
I can see MLS being the first league to be on board with this idea 
laugh.gif

honestly imo, part of whats holding back soccer in this country is the lack of time for commercials. but i'd obviously rather it stayed that way.

I can see MLS being the first league to be on board with this idea :lol:

honestly imo, part of whats holding back soccer in this country is the lack of time for commercials. but i'd obviously rather it stayed that way.

Are you saying people don't watch soccer because there are too few commercials? That they're so used to breaks to grab food, take a piss, etc...?

Or that networks aren't pushing heavy in to soccer b/c they don't see the profit in it?

I can see MLS being the first league to be on board with this idea :lol:

Are you saying people don't watch soccer because there are too few commercials? That they're so used to breaks to grab food, take a piss, etc...?

Or that networks aren't pushing heavy in to soccer b/c they don't see the profit in it?

It's not necessarily not seeing profit in it, just that the networks corporate partners don't get to run their commercials. Instead the advertising you get is other brands that already have sponsorship deals on team unis and on stadiums etc. So you take out almost all the domestic American brands that have developed partnerships with the TV networks over the years.

Although GTA V had a funny parody commercial making fun of Americans who don't watch soccer because of the first one :lol:

Last edited:
I disagree. Every time Liverpool played a top team, they've never had a full healthy starting line up. Jose Enrique has missed almost every game, Coutinho and Suarez were also absent in the game against United (which we won), Sturridge played with a dead leg against Arsenal plus they were missing a few players for that game.They've also missed Gerrard and others for the Chelsea and city game. I think with a full healthy squad they would have beaten at east 2 of the 3 top teams that they've lost too. Lets not forget some of the idiot reffing in the Arsenal(The cancellation of the quick free kick that occurred earlier in the game that lead to a goal which could have changed the momentum of the game), City(BS offside ruling on Sterling) and Chelsea games(uncalled penalties).

Last edited:

I enjoy watching them play tho, they're fun to watch. Their defense is piss poor tho, could be better. I think they have talent tho besides Suarez. Those were tough games to win away. They should have tied or maybe won against City.

Last edited:
Got it.

On that note, I've had a recurring nightmare about some crazy broad calling me Angus and teasing me with cheap scotch lately.

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2013/12/...f-the-air-as-execs-evaluate-show-says-source/

FOX Soccer Daily Temporarily Off The Air As Execs Evaluate Show, Says Source

FOX Soccer Daily, FOX’s daily soccer news show that launched August 19, has temporarily been taken off the air for 4-6 weeks so FOX executives can evaluate the format and talent in order to determine what changes are needed to improve the ratings, according to a World Soccer Talk source close to the show.

Hosted by Julie Stewart-Binks, who is joined by Warren Barton, Brian McBride and Eric Wynalda, the show has suffered from poor ratings since it launched in the summer. FOX moved the time of the show from early evening to 3:30pm ET weekdays, but the earlier time hasn’t helped improve interest in the show.

During the week of December 16-22, FOX Soccer Daily’s average viewing audience was 35,200, which is only slightly more than the average of 31,750 viewers who viewed the show in August, the program’s first month of broadcast.

Compared to ESPN FC, the rival soccer show that is continuing to broadcast during the holiday break, ESPN’s daily soccer show averaged 85,666 viewers during December 16-22.

A spokesperson for FOX Sports declined to comment regarding the report.

That god damn commercial is stuck in my head too, every time with NBC on the app :lol:

i'm a big scotch guy too, but I can't watch it anymore.

The commercial is too existential for me... :lol: I do wanna know what this Angus fella looks like though... They're supposed to show him later...

Last edited:
:lol: It's pretty bad. Not too sure why you would cast an English- Italian actress for a commercial involving such emphasis on a scottish accent. All of Scotland must be pretty beat in the face haha (joke)

Claire Forlani up there :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: I'd **** the **** outta her, for some reason I'm attracted to older women

:nerd:

BcwcBfLIgAABE6y.jpg

Looks like Ivanovic got some sort of payback on the low >D

Om6T7hw.jpg

1yWVVPK.jpg

Ivanovic :lol:

I dig Claire Forlani even if her Scottish accent isn't up to par.

I think Liverpool has some talent other than Suarez as well. Tello would be a good buy for them but I think it would make them top heavy.

I've been thinking that there might be a possibility that Kaka and Flamini could get called up by their national teams given their current form and the amount of playing time they are getting. I think the idea should at least cross their coaches head. Especially Flamini, his leadership qualities and energy are something France lack.

Wenger planned on resting Ozil another this time since he is used to being on break this time of year. It's a shame that he isn't fit, hopefully he'll be back this week.

The French president's 75% millionaire tax has gotten approval

That's a shame... I didn't know this at first, but it looks like a temporary measure designed to last 2 years. I wonder what the impact will be on League Un? Does this mean the top stars like Falcao, Cavani, Ibra, Thiago, & Marquinhos???

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25541739

[bird man hand rubbing gif] Maybe Barca can swoop in & get Thiago & Marquinhos next month... :smokin

I guess VV will end up at Man City...

It really is a shame :smh:
Hopefully it isn't a big impact. If it is, I don't understand how they could allow it given that there's a lot of potential within the league. I feel like it would pressure a lot of players to go elsewhere.

I'm hoping that Arsenal can get Kurt Zouma

Last edited:
The tax won't affect any of the Monaco players, Falcao will be fine.

Ligue is going to fight the tax in the upcoming years, maybe they'll get an exception. Maybe not. If they do, I'm sure the government are going to want the Monaco tax in return. The ligue have some tools to bargain with, I think they'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom