The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

@TransferUpdate: Man United are plotting a £55m bid + a player for Everton pair Leighton Baines and Ross Barkley. (CaughtOffside)

@TransferUpdate: Man United are plotting a £55m bid + a player for Everton pair Leighton Baines and Ross Barkley. (CaughtOffside)

Why would they want to leave Everton to go to a worse club with a worse manager that is lower in the table and has a lesser chance of finishing top 4?

I wouldn't say worse club, just one that's looking for a new direction in need of more pieces to truly compete.

Having said that, I really hope Baines & Barkley don't leave Everton. They have a good thing going. I'm not sure Barkley would do well under Moyes at United. I think part of his success now has to do with Martinez's playing style/tactics. It suits Barkley's abilities. Sounds crazy to say, but I don't think Barkley would play the same under Moyes... :rolleyes

Roberto has played very well. From the stats I remember seeing, he actually played amazingly well. Suarez's contract supposedly says he's to get promoted to the first team next campaign. From the B squad games I've seen, he's been ok. Barca B hasn't been doing well at all this campaign.
They desperately miss Deulofeu, Luis Alberto, and Rafinha :tongue:

Why would they want to leave Everton to go to a worse club with a worse manager that is lower in the table and has a lesser chance of finishing top 4?
why would anyone wanna go to Chelski the way De Bruyne and Mata have been treated?

Last edited:
View media item 722598

This might be a little too old school but for Cules & Socios, Barca has announced the passing of legend Josep Seguer (fullback). During his playing days (mid 40s to mid-late 50s), he was an integral part of winning the league 5 times, 4 Spanish cups, 2 Latin cups, & 2 Eva Duarte Cups. Having passed away at 90, he lived a long & fruitful life. We should all be so lucky. He played 470 games for the Blaugrana & scored 133 goals. RIP.

IMO, Manchester United's transfer market stock is a total joke at the moment. Since Moyes has been brought on, they've failed to sign any marquee players, openly admitted to the fact that they could have signed Ozil before he had gone to Arsenal (like that is somehow a fact to be proud about), and when stuck between a rock and a hard place, have Everton on Speed Dial.

Fellaini is a bust, and even if Baines and Barkley turn out to be brilliant signings, the fact Manchester United somehow find themselves in Everton's waiting room with transfer requests every window is a bit embarrassing and does not speak to MU's international allure that Fergie maintained.

IMO, Manchester United's transfer market stock is a total joke at the moment. Since Moyes has been brought on, they've failed to sign any marquee players, openly admitted to the fact that they could have signed Ozil before he had gone to Arsenal (like that is somehow a fact to be proud about), and when stuck between a rock and a hard place, have Everton on Speed Dial.

Fellaini is a bust, and even if Baines and Barkley turn out to be brilliant signings, the fact Manchester United somehow find themselves in Everton's waiting room with transfer requests every window is a bit embarrassing and does not speak to MU's international allure that Fergie maintained.
Not to mention United playing the waiting game cost them more for Fellaini.

For one thing, money.

For another, it's Man United. That should be self explanatory.

I don't see that transfer happening in this window tho. If it does, boy oh boy is the pressure going to intensify on Moyes.

Roberto has played very well. From the stats I remember seeing, he actually played amazingly well. Suarez's contract supposedly says he's to get promoted to the first team next campaign. From the B squad games I've seen, he's been ok. Barca B hasn't been doing well at all this campaign.

why would anyone wanna go to Chelski the way De Bruyne and Mata have been treated?

How they've been treated? :lol:

Mata has played plenty, he's just not first choice anymore.

I'll agree that KDB hasn't gotten a fair chance, but he's not playing because all of our other attacking mids have been playing well. That's not poor treatment, our other players are just playing better.

Oscar, Mata, Willian, Schurrle, Willian, Hazard have all been good this year....who's minutes are supposed to be dropped so that KDB can see more?

I'll agree that KDB hasn't gotten a fair chance, but he's not playing because all of our other attacking mids have been playing well. That's not poor treatment, our other players are just playing better.

Oscar, Mata, Willian, Schurrle, Willian, Hazard have all been good this year....who's minutes are supposed to be dropped so that KDB can see more?

Foh. Mou is a joke b.

Chelsea isnt even playing THAT well if you look at all the money they spent on that midfield coup. Willian show up once every 4-5 games, Oscar still isnt consistant enough for me that way mata has shown during his time at Chelsea.

Fact of the matter, a player like mata sitting on the bench while chelsea struggles to score so often and needs to be more creative on the attack is nuts. Same as leaving KDB chilling. He was one of their top players in preseason for christ sakes

But the fact they're sitting 2nd in the BPL is enough. They really should be the dominating the league imo though

Last edited:

Foh. Mou is a joke b.

Chelsea isnt even playing THAT well if you look at all the money they spent on that midfield coup. Willian show up once every 4-5 games, Oscar still isnt consistant enough for me that way mata has shown during his time at Chelsea.

Fact of the matter, a player like mata sitting on the bench while chelsea struggles to score so often and needs to be more creative on the attack is nuts. Same as leaving KDB chilling. He was one of their top players in preseason for christ sakes

But the fact they're sitting 2nd in the BPL is enough. They really should be the dominating the league imo though
Mourinho has clearly shown that he isn't all about attack and wants players to defend. Willian is probably our best player at pressing, defending, and tracking back so he is preferred right now. This only shows up every 4-5 games stuff is nonsense. Schurrle also. That's why they're playing and KDB is not.

I would be the FIRST person to admit that KDB is better attacking wise than Schurrle and Willian, but they are better at doing the defensive work Mourinho wants.

Same thing for Mata, who is clearly better attacking and creatively than Mata. But Oscar has been all over the pitch, tracking back, defending, and making tackles. So he's not going to be 1st choice until he incorporates that into his game as long as Oscar is here and healthy.

We're struggling to score because our strikers suck and are wasteful. And also because Jose has been playing conservatively with defending the priority and not attacking.

And Mata is one of my favorite players but it's quite simple really...until he improves his all-around game and becomes more than just a purely attacking player he will not be 1st choice and will get rotated as a squad player.

Last edited:
Bc-bexGCEAAnD_C.jpg:large

You know the more I think about this hire, the more puzzling I find it. Solskjaer is absolutely the right hire for a club like this. He's won some titles in his home land's league as manager & he's developed young players managing Man U's youth system (not sure what age he handled).

I know he's turned down other jobs offered in the Prem, but I can't figure out what made him take this one? Tan is a nut, plain & simple. I'd really like to know what was promised to him that led to him accepting the job... :rolleyes

Also, I hope the rumors of de Boar being interested in the Tottenham job are untrue. Working for Levy has got to be as soul stealing as it appears from the outside. Stay at Ajax or wait for another job.

Last edited:
You know the more I think about this hire, the more puzzling I find it. Solskjaer is absolutely the right hire for a club like this. He's won some titles in his home land's league as manager & he's developed young players managing Man U's youth system (not sure what age he handled).

I know he's turned down other jobs offered in the Prem, but I can't figure out what made him take this one? Tan is a nut, plain & simple. I'd really like to know what was promised to him that led to him accepting the job... :rolleyes

Also, I hope the rumors of de Boar being interested in the Tottenham job are untrue. Working for Levy has got to be as soul stealing as it appears from the outside. Stay at Ajax or wait for another job.
I was certain Fergie would pass the torch to Gunnar instead of Moyes.

I'm nowhere near as biased as he is. :smh:

Na

But you're pretty close :lol:

Yea, your pretty close but at least you don't purposely try to rustle the jimmies like jay jay...

You "be" writing that Chelsea Blue propaganda... :lol: I swear if I ever run into Roman, I'm going to ell him to hire you for his PR dept... Bet... :lol:

Yo Swaggy P, I just noticed that's KD in your avy made to look like he's sporting a PSG shirt. Nice...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom