The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Unless he's looking for a huge payday, I can't see Costa leaving Spain. I don't think he would've went through the trouble of becoming a citizen & joining the Spanish NT only to turn around & leave the country (for the Prem). It would have to be an awfully big pay day to leave (IMO).

Messi looked good in yesterday's inter squad scrimmage scoring a hat trick & getting an assist however his side lost to Cesc's side 5-4. Hope he comes back strong. Valdes is back too.

maybe this time they'll talk to the player before imposters do lol...

@TransferUpdate: Manchester United have sent delegation to Madrid in an effort to thrash out a deal for Koke. (Goal)

I don't think Koke is leaving Atleti. First, he's cup-tied so he couldn't play in the CL for Man U this campaign.

He just signed an extension through 2018 & commented repeatedly that he's happy playing for Simeone at his childhood club.

He also loves playing along side Turan. Together, they are arguably the best midfield combo in La Liga.

They play a style that suits him & he gets to service Costa & Villa up front. How fun is that? Compare that to boring English football. It's like having wagyu beef all the time & then settling for grisly chuck. :lol:

Finally, the WC. Given the wishy washyness of who Moyes plays, it's not certain how often Moyes would play Koke & with Los Rojiblancos he sees plenty of time on the pitch.

I'd be super surprised if he left...

Edit - I know Atleti has debt so the only reason this transfer could possibly happen is if Man U offer a sizeable transfer fee that is too much to pass up but even then, I can't see Koke happy about moving on because doing so effects his chances of playing CL football & WC.

Last edited:
Man I can't wait for the game on Sunday, even though I'm going to miss it. Roma will take the win against the Zebras.

Some predictions from Soccer Bible.

http://www.soccerbible.com/news/general/archive/2014/01/02/the-list-10-predictions-for-2014.aspx

Cristiano Ronaldo will win the Ballon d’Or – Well if there is any justice in the world. The Real Madrid man has been sensational and a feature of the list almost every week with his goals, his ability and his unwavering talent. It, as Sky Sports put it, has been his Golden Year and simply has to result in the biggest prize an individual can get in football.

Arsenal will end up with nothing – Gunners fans look away now. Whilst they have a better chance than most people may have predicted against Bayern Munich in Europe, they will not lift the title. Proven winners are lacking in their squad, star man Mesut Özil is starting to go missing and they lack firepower up top.

Liverpool will fail to get into the top four – Top of the pile at Christmas, and out of the top four by New Year. Why? They can't beat the top teams. They're still behind Chelsea, City and Arsenal and they're one injured Uruguayan striker away from the wheels coming off. United will pull it together and pip the Reds to the top four.

Manchester United will have a bigger say than we may have thought in the title race – They always come good in January, and have the option of dipping into the window to strengthen as well. The table now is not as bad a reading as United fans may have thought after the first couple of months of the season. They will not win the title, but finishing third/fourth? Probably.

Manchester City will lift the big one – They will also scrape past Barcelona. It will come down to Chelsea and Manchester City at the crunch end of the season, and it will be City who actually pip Mourinho’s men to the post. For one reason and one reason only. They have four world class forwards. Chelsea don't even have one.

PSG may be the dark horses in Europe – Should the draw allow it, a Real Madrid v PSG final may be on the cards. The French side have a seriously good side and a manager who knows what he is doing. Real Madrid are always pursuing La Decima and are effectively out of the Liga title race. With the likes of Gareth Bale and Isco – not to mention a certain CR7, who has the chance to win the trophy at home in Portugal, they have every chance.

The FA cup will end up on Merseyside – Quite if it will be the Red or Blue half is hard to predict, but neither side have European commitments to distract them so they have no reason not to tackle the cup at full throttle. With the title race being so tight, attention from other potential winners may well be deflected – Everton have already beaten Chelsea and United, not to mention taking points from Arsenal, so they have nothing to fear. Do they have the quality to win the league over a whole season? Probably not, but a knockout competition? Absolutely.

Luis Suarez will be PFA player of the year, Golden Boot winner and seal his dream move – The forward has been sensational and to even use the word ‘prediction’ when saying he will be PFA player of the year seems cheeky. He has been the star of the first half of the season and carry on and it will become fact. The only downside for Liverpool – Real Madrid and Barcelona are sitting up and taking serious note, with a summer move on the cards, especially after they don't finish in the top 4.

Atletico Madrid will be the premier side in the Spanish Capital this season – They are joint top of La Liga and deserve to be. Praise, plaudits and accolades have been heaped on Costa, Koke Simeone et al and so they should. Real Madrid are already lagging behind, are far more inconsistent in the league and will be chasing after La Decima. A top two finish for Atleti? Smart money would say so.

Chelsea will buy a forward – The least shocking prediction since people suggested that after Spurs were thrashed by Liverpool, AVB was about to be sacked. Mourinho constantly laments failing to finish sides off, and the blame of that goes to Eto’o, Torres and Ba. Big money will be spent on a marquee purchase, with the Special One hoping they will turn out to be more Drogba than Shevchenko.

@CentreTransfer: BREAKING: Arsenal's latest bid for Diego Costa has activated his buyout clause. (Marca)

On the other hand...

@FootieWriter: #AFC Diego Costa news - #AFC have no interest in paying Costa's buyout. Costa doesn't want move on WC year. The move in Jan to #AFC is no-go

Last edited:
That soccer bible stuff is pretty spot on to what I think will happen.

I can't remember if I picked City or Chelsea to win it, I know I had them in the top two for sure. I think Real has a better shot at the champions league than la Liga also. Said that before the season. Agreed with Liverpool and Arsenal predictions.

Really hoping Real can win the CL to have the funds for Suarez. I know they always seem to break the bank for a galactico, but with how much they splurged last summer they can use any additional funds they get to make sure they get him.

Chelsea could field another squad with the amount of players they have on the bench and in loan all the time.

Any news on Jovetic? I mean this guy is wasting away in the bench and he hasn't even spoken out. Put him on loan or something, I feel bad for the dude.

Chelsea could field another squad with the amount of players they have on the bench and in loan all the time.

Any news on Jovetic? I mean this guy is wasting away in the bench and he hasn't even spoken out. Put him on loan or something, I feel bad for the dude.

I think it's been injuries and never being 100% fit. I did come across the hash tag today called where is Jovetic :lol:

All this with Kun Aguero out. You'd think Jovetic would get used as a sub to spell Dzeko and Negredo.

Really hoping Real can win the CL to have the funds for Suarez. I know they always seem to break the bank for a galactico, but with how much they splurged last summer they can use any additional funds they get to make sure they get him.
I can't, bro.

The Bayern penalties hurt the most. Then Lewa ran riot like Maximus in the gladiator arena.

Speaking of Lewa

@TransferSources: Robert Lewandowski will have his medical at Bayern Munich today ahead of his move from Dortmund. [SkySports]

Sid Lowe has intimated(more than once in various audio interviews) that while there's no chance of Diego Costa leaving in January, it's bordering on likely that he's sold in the summer. Suggested that Atletico would be willing considering they're still trying to clear debt.

My body clock woke me up in time for competitive football(on TV) but it looks like that won't be the case for a few more hours. Javi Garcia is starting tho.. who knows?

Looking forward to Malaga/Atletico and then the big one later. Part of me fancies Malaga getting something from this(at home coming off a break). Definitely taking them at +1 and thinking about throwing a tenner on 5/1..

If Atleti let these guys go (Koke & Costa), then I think Simeone will leave for Inter as it's been rumored. It will be sad to see that project lose momentum. It would be almost as bad as seeing Malaga gutted at the end of the last campaign.

So glad real football is back, nice slate of La Liga games today.

Back
Top Bottom