The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Bc_n8G7IcAAledC.jpg

@BrianSciaretta RT @BrendanHusebo: Bob Bradley will be unveiled as Stabæk manager at 10CET tomorrow. (Budstikka)
Joshua Pynadath's first 3 months at RM

Last edited:
Inside Spanish Football had a good list compiled last year & they've done it again. The top 50 Spanish youngsters for 13/14 in spoiler mode below. If someone did this with English players, there would be like 10-11 players (maybe not even that)... :lol: Seriously though... :rolleyes

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/92833/top-50-spanish-youngsters-1314-the-full-list/

Top 50 Spanish Youngsters
#1 Koke (Atlético Madrid)
#2 Isco (Real Madrid)
#3 Iker Muniain (Athletic Bilbao)
#4 Jesé Rodríguez (Real Madrid)
#5 Alberto Moreno (Sevilla)
#6 Suso (Almería/Liverpool)
#7 Daniel Carvajal (Real Madrid)
#8 Álvaro Morata (Real Madrid)
#9 Gerard Deulofeu (Everton/Barcelona)
#10 Óliver Torres (Atlético Madrid)
#11 Juan Bernat (Valencia)
#12 Pedro Obiang (Sampdoria)
#13 Paco Alcácer (Valencia)
#14 Sergi Roberto (Barcelona)
#15 Jairo Samperio (Sevilla)
#16 Rubén Pardo (Real Sociedad)
#17 Jordi Amat (Swansea City)
#18 Jon Aurtenetxe (Celta Vigo/Athletic Bilbao)
#19 Pablo Sarabia (Getafe)
#20 Pablo Insúa (Deportivo La Coruña)
#21 Saúl Ñiguez (Rayo Vallecano/Atletico Madrid)
#22 Luis Alberto (Liverpool)
#23 Keita Baldé Diao (Lazio)
#24 Rubén García (Levante)
#25 Sergi Gómez (Barcelona B)
#26 Ignasi Miquel (Leicester City/Arsenal)
#27 Rubén Blanco (Celta Vigo)
#28 José Campaña (Crystal Palace)
#29 Borja Bastón (Deportivo La Coruña/Atletico Madrid)
#30 Derik Osede (Real Madrid Castilla)
#31 Carles Gil (Elche/Valencia)
#32 Álvaro Vadillo (Real Betis)
#33 Denis Suárez (Barcelona B)
#34 Jonás Ramalho (Girona/Athletic Bilbao)
#35 Fernando Pacheco (Real Madrid Castilla)
#36 Javier Manquillo (Atlético Madrid)
#37 Borja López (AS Monaco)
#38 Fede Vico (RSC Anderlecht)
#39 Sandro Ramirez (Barcelona B)
#40 Juanmi Jiménez (Málaga)
#41 Álex Fernández (Espanyol)
#42 Jonny Castro (Celta Vigo)
#43 José Rodríguez (Real Madrid Castilla)
#44 Héctor Bellerin (Watford/Arsenal)
#45 Israel Puerto (Sevilla)
#46 Sergi Darder (Málaga)
#47 Santi Mina (Celta Vigo)
#48 Jose Luis Gayà (Valencia)
#49 Dani Sotres (Racing Santander)
#50 Juan Muñiz (Mirandés/Sporting Gijón)

Last edited:
What?!?! Has he coached anywhere previously? That has to be just a frivolous rumor....

Last edited:
Looks like Simeone bolstered his Atleti side with his follow countryman Jose Sosa an attacking mid loan from FC Metalist (Ukrainian team). He can play the 10 or on the right side. He can't play in the CL though as FCM played in the qualifying rounds.

Good job David Moyes! Look at what classy players are apparently saying about your geat work at United...

@TransferSources: Daniele De Rossi: "Thank goodness I didn't join Man United, otherwise right now I'd be killing myself." [CdS]

Deulofeu and Morata should be higher than Morata.

Muniain has regressed slightly in my view.

Jese is also overrated, Not great technically and i actually think Morata is the better Striker, But Morata kind of out of favour at the moment because he went to Marca (Spanish paper) directly and complained about his lack of minutes

From the matches I've seen Jese has been a difference maker whenever he gets subbed in.

I'd rather have Morata if I had to start one of the 2, but Jese's pace, energy, and versatility to play on different parts of the pitch makes him a better sub imo.

Last edited:
Wenger says he isn't interested in Berbatov

Giroud, Sanga, added to the injured list. Ozil is getting a fitness test today

Good job David Moyes! Look at what classy players are apparently saying about your geat work at United...

@TransferSources: Daniele De Rossi: "Thank goodness I didn't join Man United, otherwise right now I'd be killing myself." [CdS]

Because he would not have been able to watch Roma make a run at a title without him. It had nothing to do with United. I mean how many times are people going to take quotes isolated for sensationalism and react without context? So silly.

Everton's two best and most important players in the 2013-2014 campaign.

Baines was absolutely their best player last year, but I wouldn't even have him in the top five this year. Lukaku, Coleman, Jangielka, Barkley, and Barry have all been more crucial to their start this season. Part of that has been due to Baines having some injury issues, but even when he's played the others have all been more consistent and crucial to Everton imo. Barry's play in particular has gone somewhat under the radar. Him screening for the back four is a major reason why their defense has been so good.

What?!?! Has he coached anywhere previously? That has to be just a frivolous rumor....

Been rumored for months now, and the writings on the wall at this point since Allegri confirmed he's out at the end of the season. I'd be wary considering it's his first job, but considering his CV it's a smart gamble.

Plenty of the names on that list can be debated, but that's always the case with these things. Isco/Koke is a toss-up at this point. The former plays higher up the pitch and is the better goal scorer, while the latter plays deeper and can orchestrate from midfield. Deulofeu and Torres should be in the top five, Manquillo is too low, etc.

Last edited:
Because he would not have been able to watch Roma make a run at a title without him. It had nothing to do with United. I mean how many times are people going to take quotes isolated for sensationalism and react without context? So silly.
Exactly... Eiddy's blinded by his hate for moyes lol

Exactly... Eiddy's blinded by his hate for moyes lol

Lol some of these quotes I'm purposefully posting without context. It's silly season, so expect things out of context, expect ridiculous rumors, expect comedy, expect sarcasm and just take it for what it is.

But it's no secret that I can't stand David Moyes as manager of United.

Last edited:
On to more rumors...

Manchester United manager David Moyes will allow Dutch left-back Alexander Buttner, 24, to join Turkish champions Galatasaray (this would come as no surprise as he really hasn't come to the party at United)

Swansea will attempt to take Liverpool's England winger Raheem Sterling, 19, on loan if the Reds are able to sign Egypt winger Mohamed Salah, 21, from Basel. (I don't see why they'd let him go on leave, he's been great pairing with Suarez on the counter)

City will allow Joleon Lescott to join either Tottenham or Newcastle on loan. (I've seen this rumor more than once now, about him falling out of favor)

Chelsea will demand £25m from Wolfsburg for Kevin de Bruyne. The Bundesliga side want to sign the Belgium winger, 22, this month, while Atletico Madrid want to sign him on loan.

Blackpool winger Tom Ince, 21, tops Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's wish list to strengthen Cardiff's squad in January. Ince, son of Blackpool boss Paul, is rated at £8m.

Arsenal are set to bid £32m to meet the release clause for Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa. The Brazil-born forward, 25, is also wanted by Chelsea and has scored 19 goals in La Liga this season. (This would be insane if this actually happened.)

Manchester United are considering a club record bid to sign Juventus' Chilean midfielder Arturo Vidal, 26. (I don't see this happening)

Newcastle's £22m-rated midfielder Yohan Cabaye, 27, will only move to Paris St-Germain if the French club can offload players in the January transfer window.

The Gunners could sign France striker Loic Remy, 27, after Queens Park Rangers player said that he does not know if he will return to Loftus Road after his loan at Newcastle ends. (For some reason this still feels a bit more realistic)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom