The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

I really do not like beIN
How's the HD quality of their La Liga matches?

I've been wanting to switch from optimum for a while now, but I keep thinking the moment I switch, beIN is going to sign a contract with cablevision 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
why would it not at least involve looking up goal stats :lol: but it seems like you're implying that's all I've done and that's just not true.

i've watched documentaries and done a decent amount of reading as well, and from that (maybe mistakenly) come to the conclusion that his '86 world cup run elevated him to a god-like level for an entire generation that causes him to be rated over players he wasn't better than.

I've admitted multiple times that I don't follow footy like a lot of the people here do, I'm 90% basketball. but that doesn't make me an ignorant moron to understanding the game. I asked the question because I know there are knowledgeable people in this thread (like you, unfortunately you're condescending, an elitist, and your inner barca fan causes some of your opinions to be biassed.)

If I pretended to know more than those in this thread, I never would have asked for other people's opinions here in the first place.

There are great midfielders and great defenders, and soccer is a passing game, but I've heard numerous analysts say that scoring goals is the most difficult and important part of the game.

He played as a playmaker so it'd be pointless to look up goal numbers because it wouldn't give you the slightest idea of how good he was at pulling the strings from midfield or setting up his strikers. He was the most outstanding player in two WC tournaments, and dominated Serie A when it was by far the best league in the world - so in no way was his greatness short lived.
Goals are indeed the most important part of the game, but scoring can be no more of less difficult then setting one up. And if a player is doing that while setting the tempo, spreading play, recycling possession, etc. than it heightens that players importance even more.

I never even implied you were a moron and I fail to see how I'm being elitist or condescending. Obviously not my intention. Maybe it came off that way because I'm the one pointing out the flaws in your assertion? As a long time supporter of Barca, I admit to being biased, but that I don't see that ever coloring my opinions on here. Everything I post usually is supported with an argument, and I welcome debate.

He played as a playmaker so it'd be pointless to look up goal numbers because it wouldn't give you the slightest idea of how good he was at pulling the strings from midfield or setting up his strikers. He was the most outstanding player in two WC tournaments, and dominated Serie A when it was by far the best league in the world - so in no way was his greatness short lived.
Goals are indeed the most important part of the game, but scoring can be no more of less difficult then setting one up. And if a player is doing that while setting the tempo, spreading play, recycling possession, etc. than it heightens that players importance even more.

I never even implied you were a moron and I fail to see how I'm being elitist or condescending. Obviously not my intention. Maybe it came off that way because I'm the one pointing out the flaws in your assertion? As a long time supporter of Barca, I admit to being biased, but that I don't see that ever coloring my opinions on here. Everything I post usually is supported with an argument, and I welcome debate.

I hate Player A vs Player B debates. I cannot stand it.

That pic of Ronaldo jumping is insane but when some English program didactic special on Ronaldo they measured his vert at 30 inches. I was surprised it wasn't more. 30 is nothing to sneeze at tho.

I hate Player A vs Player B debates. I cannot stand it.

That pic of Ronaldo jumping is insane but when some English program didactic special on Ronaldo they measured his vert at 30 inches. I was surprised it wasn't more. 30 is nothing to sneeze at tho.

In another thing i watched they measured his vert at 40+

In any case, dude is unreal

In another thing i watched they measured his vert at 40+

In any case, dude is unreal

Where did you see that? The special I'm talking about Ronaldo was present. If I was on the computer I'd post the link to YouTube. It's cool.

Barca vs Atletico tomorrow is going to be :smokin

How's the HD quality of their La Liga matches?

I've been wanting to switch from optimum for a while now, but I keep thinking the moment I switch, beIN is going to sign a contract with cablevision :lol:  

Coupelt88 said he gets great HD broadcast on BEin, but mine is complete @#$% on Dish Network. Blurry and grainy as hell; it's much worse than standard definition. I don't know why...Every other HD channel I have is perfect

Last edited:
Rooney with a groin knock again.

Its hard to even laugh at United anymore.

Not really.

My-T.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I see you Tommy >D

I think it may have gotten lost in here...but Spurs did confirm yesterday that they've sold Jermain Defoe to Toronto FC. He's going to stay at Spurs (on loan, I guess) until end of February.

Dude isn't very active on Twitter (last tweet was on 12/5), but his most recent follow is Lanny Barby (Google, if you must).
I see you, Jermain. :lol:
had to Google who that was

g7IsB.gif

If Messi ever wins a World Cup, he will be recognized as the greatest ever.

He won't, so stop with this nonsense.
Messi>pretty boy

Chelsea looking sloppy.

I'm sure they'll turn it around, but they definitely look they could let Hull nick a goal...

Wow, the African Nations opening ceremony is on, I've never seen a stadium so empty for a launch event.

It was like a peewee soccer game with parents just there...

Did anybody just see that?

Hsytehdbsjcbskshfudbckds :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Chamakh needs to go get a haircut, who the hell rocks a mullet?!

Who is the kit sponsor for Palace? I always see them in Nike training gear during warmups.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom