The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Wish I could get the presser, cause I'm waiting to hear those key words "well, ughh, I think we played well." "We just got a bit unlucky" "I think in the earlier periods of the match we controlled the match", "managers lose games" "we just need to focus on the next match" "hopefully we'll bring some players in" "I think we can still win the title with the players we have".

I'm with Eiddy, its better United didn't make the final. they would have got smashed and embarrassed.

So is Mata official now?

@FootballFunnys: Manchester United managed to score Juan penalty, but Sunderland scored 2 so it didn't Mata

Wow it really is official. I hope Moyes doesn't use him as a wide midfielder like he does with Kagawa. He deserves to play CAM.

Chelsea are most likely going to have to make a signing now tho, wonder who :nerd:

This was def an impulse buy, not a fan of it.

Last edited:
I'm with Eiddy, its better United didn't make the final. they would have got smashed and embarrassed.

So is Mata official now?

Wow how the mighty have fallen. Better to get knocked out by a **** Sunderland side than face your rivals for a trophy? Moyes has really sucked each and every ounce of faith from United supporters. :lol:

Damn, I was busy working from home & forgot Barcelona was playing today... :smh:

Glad I dvr'd it... Tello with the hat trick... Nice....

Official 37m for Mata :wow:

"Juan Mata: Chelsea accept Manchester United's £37m bid

Manchester United have had a bid, believed to be in the region of £37m, accepted by Chelsea for Spanish midfielder Juan Mata.
The 25-year-old will have a medical at Old Trafford on Thursday before completing a move to the Premier League champions.
Mata is expected to sign a four-and-a-half year deal at Old Trafford."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25849959

Last edited:
Did you guys ever see mata play at Valencia ? He played on the wings and behind silva at times .. It can and should work for united

Moyes cannot be Blamed for this, we just suck

Dont bother posting all the gifs for the match guys, I've got a game summary one...

4PlZ6yO.gif

:lol:

Last edited:
mata_1624810a.jpg

Juan%20Mata%20of%20Chelsea%20celebrates%20scoring%20the%20winning%20goal%20during%20the%20Barclays%20Premier%20League%20match%20between%20Chelsea%20and%20Wigan-806177

You became my favorite player on Chelsea when Drogba left. Now I say my goodbyes while shedding tears uncontrollably. If Chelsea doesn't win the Premier League I will fly to London and knock out Mourinho.

Please God let Athletico come in ruin this deal. Why Man U of all teams? Why?!?!

Juan Mata
2011-2013
RIP
:frown:

Last edited:
He had to go. Just didn't fit the new direction the squad was going in. And if these rumors about going after Salah are true then Chelsea would be obtaining another winger who actually fits Mourinho's style of play. Can't keep high level players on the bench for long, he had to go eventually.

Chelsea going to regret that deal. Idiots.

Falcao tore his acl. Done for 6-8 months. Shame.

Hope that dude gets banned forever for that challenge

Wow, poor Falcao :smh:

I still can't believe this Mata deal, Mou must really look at United like a bunch of bums if he's this nonchalant about letting him go there. This speaks volumes. He wouldn't even let Demba Ba go to Arsenal :lol:

Well Arsenal are challenging for the league title & United are realistically challenging for the 4th CL spot.

The interesting thing is how this all pans out next yea & there after. Will Mata came back to haunt Chelsea? That remains to be seen.

beans718 is right though, Mata can play the wings as he did with Valencia & when he first got to Chelsea. Shoot at Chelsea alone he played for what, 4 different managers & systems so he should be able to adapt fine for Moyes.

Back
Top Bottom