The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

If we were going to sell Mata we should have never let go of KDB. Selling one of them is fine...but not both.

I hope this isn't true. Completely stupid move if so. We'll go from having a ton of depth at AM, to none. :smh: Now if Oscar gets hurt....the squad is ******.

40m for him isn't enough either. World class #10's aren't out here growing on trees.

Even though United isn't currently challenging us they could be in the future, strengthening a potential rival is just dumb.

Horrible decision all around by Chelsea.

Sucks for Falcao and Colombia.
On the flip side Greece, Ivory Coast and Japan are loving their chances now

Last edited:

You should skip the first half

Thanks Lucho. I FF through & stopped to watch bits of the first half just because I had to.

Barca didn't look too good, but that second half? Wow. For someone who hasn't played much, Tello looked impressive. Making those runs & connecting with Messi like he did was beautiful.

I was impressed with Messi too. Levante's CBs were shutting him down so he kinda dropped back & concentrated on getting everyone else involved. Ended up working with Tello getting 3 assists.

Sad to see Puyol get hurt. Hope he's ok. First game Ive seen Sergi Roberto struggle a bit.

If we were going to sell Mata we should have never let go of KDB. Selling one of them is fine...but not both.

I hope this isn't true. Completely stupid move if so. We'll go from having a ton of depth at AM, to none. :smh: Now if Oscar gets hurt....the squad is ******.

40m for him isn't enough either. World class #10's aren't out here growing on trees.

Even though United isn't currently challenging us they could be in the future, strengthening a potential rival is just dumb.

Horrible decision all around by Chelsea.

I'm assuming Ramirez will be played in an attacking role now that Matic is here. Schurrle, Willian,Oscar, Ramirez........ Not much after that.

Come back Mata :smh:

I think Chelsea will be fine, they still need a striker tho. Mous got them playing disciplined football, they're getting better every game. If Oscar goes down he can put Willian in there and put Schurrle in the lineup. He can use Ramires in that role now that they have Matic. Plenty options.

I told you Ibis, last summer, you called me crazy but Mata was as good as gone when Mou came back.

I feel like Chelsea aren't done with the window tho.

I'd like to see Pogba at Madrid, I just don't see his style of play fitting Ancelotti's system right now.

:lol: @ Modric being labeled the worse signing of La Liga last season, he really shook that title off. He's been phenomenal on both sides of the pitch. :pimp:

I'm one of the biggest CR7 fan boys on here but I've noticed he's been slacking off lately or trying too hard to get these goals and really throwing off the rest of the squad.

I've also noticed Bale looks for Ronnie A LOT on the pitch to dish him the ball, which is a good and bad thing. Takes away from the rest of the team sometimes.

&

If the Mata signing proves to be true it may be too late for ManU to even get that 4th place.

In conclusion,

David Moyes is a moron.

Well Arsenal are challenging for the league title & United are realistically challenging for the 4th CL

This was during the summer, even after we lost out first match. He had agreed to terms but Jose said he didn't want to loan Ba to us because we are rivals. Before we got Ozil. We certainly weren't the threat we are now

If we can somehow get Draxler (a defender wouldn't hurt as well) in this window, I think we'll have the league all but wrapped up.

If we can somehow get Draxler (a defender wouldn't hurt as well) in this window, I think we'll have the league all but wrapped up.

mj-laughing.gif

I posted a pic of him at the airport earlier, it was from this morning.
Wenger in Spain, club officials travelling to Germany - welcome last 8 days of the transfer window #AFC: http://bit.ly/1dwMuqw
Word is that he was in the Levante game to scout Rubén García. But he wasn't in the squad. Regardless, for Wenger to go, it's serious.

City bought the 80% stake in Melbourne Heart FC

Last edited:
Aguero x Negredo x Yaya will put a holt to your statement.

Lord knows Pellegrini will field his best 11.

:lol:

Like they beat them earlier this season, right?

City are a different beast lately, and everybody knows it.

They're not just winning their games, they're completely crushing their opponents...

It's cool, I know you're just downplaying them cause you're hella worried they'll snatch the trophy right out from your hands....

Mata to United now
Rooney to Chelsea in the summer

That would be something lol

Also reading those rumors of RM being interested in Rooney, that would be insane if he went to La Liga, which is kind of unlikely since Rooney is England's número 1 player. Then again, soccer is unpredictable like that, you never know if players will end up where they are "confirmed" to be going ie Thiago to ManU, then lol nope bayern time.

I'm still disgusted with that terrible tackle on Falcao. Mind blowing that guy hasn't gotten banned or been handed some sort of repercussion.

There are spelling mistakes here. Autocorrect is something else.

Last edited:
Was at work, so didn't watch the game live.

Just saw the last 30 minutes of it plus the PKs.

First thing that stood out to me, WHY DIDN'T MOYES LET CHICHA KICK!?

Chelsea should use that 50-60 mil and go get a striker this window. IMO it's the only thing stopping them from really challenging.

The way city is playing arsenal also need to buy this window to have a shot at even maintaining this lead

And Chelsea didn't pull out of that BA deal till after Ozil was pretty much confirmed. I remember it was the night before the window closed.

:smh: united had the worst pk line up ever. Why Phil jones was even chosen is beyond me. I imagine moyes let them sort out it, I know chicha had cramps at the end of the game so maybe that's why he didn't play. If I'm moyes these boys spend the next 3 days taking pks.. Shameful display, but English teams have always been horrible at them

Was at work, so didn't watch the game live.

Just saw the last 30 minutes of it plus the PKs.

First thing that stood out to me, WHY DIDN'T MOYES LET CHICHA KICK!?

Chicha was finished. His legs were barely holding him up after he scored the goal.
Just before pens you would see the physio massaging his leg.

Back
Top Bottom