The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Chelsea should use that 50-60 mil and go get a striker this window. IMO it's the only thing stopping them from really challenging.

The way city is playing arsenal also need to buy this window to have a shot at even maintaining this lead

And Chelsea didn't pull out of that BA deal till after Ozil was pretty much confirmed. I remember it was the night before the window closed.

:smh: united had the worst pk line up ever. Why Phil jones was even chosen is beyond me. I imagine moyes let them sort out it, I know chicha had cramps at the end of the game so maybe that's why he didn't play. If I'm moyes these boys spend the next 3 days taking pks.. Shameful display, but English teams have always been horrible at them

Since when is Chelsea not contending? Looking at Chelsea, they're going to grind out their 1-0, 2-1's and the points will rack up. Mourinho looks happy to shut out teams and just score on the counter attack. They're 2 points from the top, I can't see how they're not considered "challenging". They haven't lost in their last 6 in the league, 5W, 1D. They're next 6 show one tough match in City, otherwise they have winnable games lined up. Whether they win them, is up to Chelsea really.

Since when is Chelsea not contending? Looking at Chelsea, they're going to grind out their 1-0, 2-1's and the points will rack up. Mourinho looks happy to shut out teams and just score on the counter attack. They're 2 points from the top, I can't see how they're not considered "challenging". They haven't lost in their last 6 in the league, 5W, 1D. They're next 6 show one tough match in City, otherwise they have winnable games lined up. Whether they win them, is up to Chelsea really.
Sorry I guess I shouldn't have used such vague words.. I meant for them to surpass city and push far in the CL

Last edited:
Sorry I guess I shouldn't have used such vague words.. I meant for them to surpass city and push far in the CL

Chelsea can park the bus with the best of them when it comes to the likes of facing the other contenders. As much as I'd like to say the Blue Moon is rising, and City will most likely take it, Chelsea's defensive tactics might pay off towards end of season. I think soon Citeh play Chelsea so we'll have a chance to see how strong that defensive tactic really is. The crucial thing for City is NOT losing Yaya to injury, that happens, I can foresee major problems for City.

As for Europe, I think Chelsea will do fine, they'll go far, but the likes of Barca, Bayern, Real etc will probably prove too strong for them anyway. I can't remember the groupings right now, but I'm sure Chelsea will have a good run....

If I were Mourinho I would wait till summer, cause if he buys top notch in Jan, they'll be cup tied and the expensive player won't even be in the most necessary matches. Chelsea could still win the league even without a striker...

Agreed. Him and Negredo have really had a great transition and found their feet early.
Negredo has essentially rendered Jovetic useless.

I venture a guess Pellegrini was hedging his bets buying both strikers.

Jovetic I think was just bought so Arsenel didn't get him...

Aguero.
Dzeko.
Negredo.
Jovetic.

Did they really need 4?
I can't remember who was signed first between Jovetic and Negredo.

Aguero.
Dzeko.
Negredo.
Jovetic.

Did they really need 4?
Same day, I believe. July 19th.

Failed Dzeko bid to Serie A.

Aguero.
Dzeko.
Negredo.
Jovetic.

Did they really need 4?
Same day, I believe. July 19th.

Failed Dzeko bid to Serie A.

Hmmm...I hear you. Dzeko needs to leave. He's too good and proven to sit on the bench.

But those wages I'm sure will turn off many clubs smh.

I haven't even seen enough of Jovetic to get a real opinion of him in the Prem.

Hmmm...I hear you. Dzeko needs to leave. He's too good and proven to sit on the bench.

I'm cold on Dzeko. Proven to be a clutch super sub but his style of play is better suited for Bundesliga or La Liga.

Jovetic is a playmaker of sorts. Support striker, can play winger or attacking mid if necessary. Creative on the ball, technically sound, good dribbler.

Jovetic is a playmaker of sorts. Support striker, can play winger or attacking mid if necessary. Creative on the ball, technically sound, good dribbler.

I think he's a 10 and not a 9 right?

With Negredo x Aguero firing away on all cylinders, and when you look at Citeh's other forwards, where do you see Jovetic getting full 90s? Cause I certainly can't..

I know there's a huge pay bump, but if you're not playing, why goto this financial powerhouses like Citeh. I know players are competitive, and want to be the best, but surely when you come into a team and see the likes of Silva, Yaya, Aguero etc you know whether you're on their level or not. And if you're not on their level, you simply won't get game time.

I'm cold on Dzeko. Proven to be a clutch super sub but his style of play is better suited for Bundesliga or La Liga.

Fully agreed on Bundesliga, would love to see him at Dortmund. I think he would tear the pitch up there....

Poker face?

@johncrossmirror: #afc Wenger admits he feels 'guilty' for not having any transfer news for us. Says any deal 'highly unlikely'

@johncrossmirror: #afc Wenger confirms he was at Heathrow but says links with Tello are 'wide of the mark'

Of course Wenger doesn't have any news for us :lol:
Barca wouldn't sell/loan Tello this window especially after yesterday
With Mata coming in, I wonder what Kagawa is thinking. I figured he would be on his way out eventually. More likely now

Last edited:
Eiddy- I can't see dzeko at Dortmund.. He's too slow for them. I saw him play live a couple months ago and that was the most surprising thing about his game.. Not sure if he fits their counter attacking system. Aside from that I doubt Dortmund would shell out the cash for him, they seem more fond of finding cheaper options

That Sund-Man U match showed me even terrible penalty kicks can be entertaining

At least they are if it isn't your squad :lol:

Danny Welbeck should be ashamed of himself.

Eiddy- I can't see dzeko at Dortmund.. He's too slow for them. I saw him play live a couple months ago and that was the most surprising thing about his game.. Not sure if he fits their counter attacking system. Aside from that I doubt Dortmund would shell out the cash for him, they seem more fond of finding cheaper options

I hear you...I know Dortmund play with ridiculous pace...I just always thought Dzeko could keep up.

I don't believe for one second he'll end up there. His wages firstly put him out of the question, and I'm sure he's transfer fee will be too much for them, after all Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang came to them for around 13m, and so far he's put up 11 goals in 24 matches. Klopp will do what Klopp does, finding some raw diamond who will spring right into CL level football like he's been there for years...

Best thing I've seen all day

"Police have asked distressed Manchester United fans not to use 999 to air
their gripes about the Red Devils poor form after a drunk supporter dialled
the emergency services line demanding to speak to former manager Sir Alex
Ferguson." - manchester evening news

Back
Top Bottom