The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

That's exactly who came to mind :lol:

I think while some fans may be calling for Januzaj to get that 7, I think fans need to ease off him. He's playing very well and showing signs of greatness, but that's cause he's young, trusts his instincts and isn't afraid to have a go. He's currently exceeding expectations. But the problem is what if his expectations grow passed his current ability level. I think that's when the seams start to bust, the cracks and immaturity may show. I just wish the media and fans would just let young players like him have a go without piling on the expectations of "the next..." so and so. Not all of these young players will rise, face the pressure head on and succeed like Ronaldo.
Same coworker who rocks the United warmup regularly (didn't today) was cheesing about Mata. Nobody could tell this dude anything. Homie offered to buy everyone dinner from Morton's.

:lol: You gotta respect him for repping his club day in day out.

Mata's a great signing. Not necessarily what's needed. But I think he can lift the teams spirits, cause quality is coming in. It will show the world that there is life after Moyes at United. I think it will make Rooney perform even better. And for the love of God, more creativity coming into United is welcomed....

Mata's a great signing. Not necessarily what's needed. But I think he can lift the teams spirits, cause quality is coming in. It will show the world that there is life after Moyes at United. I think it will make Rooney perform even better. And for the love of God, more creativity coming into United is welcomed....
United is the only thing he cares more about than COD and burritos.

United is the only thing he cares more about than COD and burritos.

:lol: gotta friend like that. Every morning he wakes up and checks the new chants. He even has his gf singing them like loud vulgar duets :rofl:

:lol: gotta friend like that. Every morning he wakes up and checks the new chants. He even has his gf singing them like loud vulgar duets :rofl:
My best friend from college got wifey on the United wagon. Everything else they opposite. Skins/Cowboys. Knicks/Celtics.

Re. the Rosell situation: I think there are other reasons why he resigned, the Neymar situation may just be what's on the surface. Basically, the Spanish high court is looking into a possible misappropriation of funds - which would lead to charges of embezzlement among other things if found to be true.

The whole reason it was brought before the court is because Rosell refused to reveal the exact details of the transaction citing a confidentiality clause. Then yesterday, the new head revealed the details saying Neymar had decided to give them permission to do so. It begs the question - why didn't Rosell just get the permission himself and come clean if he had nothing to hide? I don't believe even he's dumb enough to embezzle funds from the club - if true he'd be run out of the city. IMO, he stepped down to avoid further scrutiny regarding other situations - such as his corruption charges in Brazil. At the end of the day, Rosell brought about his own demise. It was a club socio who wanted the details, and Rosell refused - which is idiotic considering the board exists to serve the club members. The socio then brought it to the court, and soon after Rosell quit. IMO, it's an admirable display of the democratic nature of Barça. He was a terrible president so I was ecstatic to see him step down. That said, elections should be held this summer - not 2016. The entire board needs to go.

Anyway, the club released the details of the fee, and they maintain the base 57m euro figure as reported. Not sure when everyone started including salary/bonuses/fees to the transfer fee figure, but bigger the #, bigger the story I suppose. The above Madrid offer isn't surprising. Neymar's talent and marketability combined with the fact that he's the biggest celebrity from a nation of 200m mean his potential value is pretty much unprecedented.

View media item 765794

I never noticed but god damn, England has so many different cups. It's confusing to keep up.

What's shady to me about the Neymar situation is the fact "his family" received 40 million euros just because of the transfer. That's ridiculous. That's not necessarily Barça's fault, more of the fault of whats going on with players in South America when it comes to rights and ownership. It's just all backwards.

I never noticed but god damn, England has so many different cups. It's confusing to keep up.

What's shady to me about the Neymar situation is the fact "his family" received 40 million euros just because of the transfer. That's ridiculous. That's not necessarily Barça's fault, more of the fault of whats going on with players in South America when it comes to rights and ownership. It's just all backwards.

Gotta agree about this...40m is a HELL of a lot of money. That's one high end transfer in itself. Hell for a smaller team like Swansea that can be 5 or 6 players. :smh:

Good read.

Not really - I found it to be a poor article littered with fallacies. Arsenal haven't won anything because they failed to invest in depth until this season, they've continually lost their best players, and they've failed to replace those players with similar quality until now - not because they play good football. And then it's suggested the reason they're competing this season is because they have a physical CF and Flamini - as if they'd be worse off if they still had Song and a healthy RvP. Bayern play incredibly aesthetic football, and they would walk the Prem.

Playing "beautiful football" and winning aren't mutually exclusive. And "beautiful football" isn't only played by a team of ten playmakers or whatever. Mou just doesn't know any other way but his. Which is fair enough, and I certainly don't blame him for preferring Oscar in the ten role, but It's a cop out to say that selling Mata is the only way forward to winning and building a great side. It's the way forward to building a Mourinho side. And they may well win trophies, but it'll be the same formulaic football Mou knows. Jorge Valdano summed him up years ago:

Mourinho and Benítez have two things in common: a previously denied, hitherto unsatisfied hunger for glory, and a desire to have everything under control. Both of those things stem from one key factor: neither Mourinho nor Benítez made it as a player. That has made them channel all their vanity into coaching. Those who did not have the talent to make it as players do not believe in the talent of players, they do not believe in the ability to improvise in order to win football matches. In short, Benítez and Mourinho are exactly the kind of coaches that Benítez and Mourinho would have needed to have made it as players.

Definitely a figure that raised eyebrows, but nothing unexpected IMO. Anytime a club doesn't own 100% of a player's contractual rights, it comes off as shady, but it was actually paid to Neymar's family's company which reportedly owned most of his rights. Santos and the third party investors were paid proportionally according to Barça's, but no doubt the lot of them are questioning it.

So when it comes down to numbers, Neymar is one of the richest footballers in the world already. Just because of the transfer alone.

That's :smh:

Well he was already on around €150k/week at Santos, but yeah. :lol:

Not sure what they're doing this transfer window, but Liverpool really need to go out and buy a CM of the 'number 6' variety. I'd have a look at Daley Blind over at Ajax. And Luis Alberto should really be getting time over Moses.

Last edited:
Gotta give it up to Neymar's father, he knew how to get that money. Must have had this planned out years ago.

In the Bale-jewels. 
sick.gif

Oh Damn, Bale just got kicked in the balls. :x

I hate seeing red cards, but that should have been one.

Last edited:
So if Draxler does indeed come to the Emirates, will Wenger convert him into a forward/striker?

My son's team lost in the indoor championship in penalty kicks last night... 4-4 tie... He was heartbroken... He & the team played well because the other squad was steady beating teams 12-1, 8-2, 7-0, etc...

Last edited:
This is one of those games that isco needs to play in the CAM position. Not Di maria. Grenada have everyone back there. Need some creativity centrally. This would be a devastating tie for Real :lol:

My son's team lost in the indoor championship in penalty kicks last night... 4-4 tie... He was heartbroken... He & the team played well because the other squad was steady beating teams 12-1, 8-2, 7-0, etc...
Man, that's rough!  Makes him a tougher competitor, I guess! 

Oh my god, Ronaldo almost scored a Rooney type bicycle kick. :wow:

What a save! that was a bullet too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom