The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

What is up with Osvaldo. He did the same with Lamela in Rome and now this? Dude is talented and if he would have kept his mind in the game he would have been with Roma still and probably a top choice to got to the WC.

rooney contract talks area laughable to me seeing as as long as van persie is fit rooney wont be playing striker and will be "unhappy" i swear every year he gets a new contract

24-01-2014-GifNumber-106.gif

24-01-2014-GifNumber-107.gif

http://fitbamob.com/view/2986/
http://fitbamob.com/view/2987/

rather see mata 8 than mata 7, now januzaj 7 :smokin :pimp: :nthat:

That kind of pressure can make a player crumble.

Telegraph Football ‏@TeleFootball 4h
Wayne Rooney is close to signing an agreement with #MUFC worth a whopping a £300,000-a-week - http://fw.to/6DtW0ga

:x

rooney contract talks area laughable to me seeing as as long as van persie is fit rooney wont be playing striker and will be "unhappy" i swear every year he gets a new contract

Rooney will always be offered a new deal because he's England's flagship player, and United will do ANYTHING to keep him. Beyond the fact that he's an incredible player for United, United know they can always sell boat loads of United merchandise through Rooney.

If it's true that should be his last huge contract.. I think it would be better to just sell him abroad next year and split those wages between two new players. I know he's been quality this year but you could argue he's playing for that contract.

Mata should wear 8 or 9.. I wonder why RVP never took the number 9..

And id take kroos in a heart beat

I wouldn't say Rooney's been playing well for that contract. Rooney's just been playing well. PERIOD.

He was played out of position, and he played well, and he made it known he wanted to play in his position. Now he's in his position and performing well, plus with the world cup coming up, he wants to gain momentum.

To say he's completely unaware of the contract would be stupid on my part, but I think there's a few more factors at hand than just playing for the contract. Cause if it was purely money, he could have went to PSG, Monaco, Chelsea or maybe even Citeh, and demanded those wages, and they probably would have agreed.

That's the thing though aside from Chelsea he didn't have many suitors in the summer and that had to do with the fact everyone was assuming he was on a down slope. So whether he was playing for a new contract with us or playing for a contract from another team I'm willing to say that was his motivation.

The "he didn't play in his position" is bs. He was played a small amount of games in a deeper role. And that was mainly in the Cl where our midfield was exposed. I'll remind you he had an amazing year in 9-10 signed a new contract and looked miserable right after. We won the league in 10-11 but not because he was outstanding.

That's the thing though aside from Chelsea he didn't have many suitors in the summer and that had to do with the fact everyone was assuming he was on a down slope. So whether he was playing for a new contract with us or playing for a contract from another team I'm willing to say that was his motivation.

The "he didn't play in his position" is bs. He was played a small amount of games in a deeper role. And that was mainly in the Cl where our midfield was exposed. I'll remind you he had an amazing year in 9-10 signed a new contract and looked miserable right after. We won the league in 10-11 but not because he was outstanding.

Wayne Rooney has revealed he was unhappy at Manchester United under Sir Alex Ferguson because he felt he was being played out of position (10/10/13):

"You can clearly see I'm playing and I'm happy in my football," said Rooney. "David Moyes has come in, he's playing me up front, and I'm enjoying it.

"I've had no problem playing out of position in the past, but I'm a forward and I felt I deserved the right to play in my position.

"That wasn't happening. Naturally I was a bit disappointed and maybe that affected some of the games I played because last season wasn't my best.

"Everyone at the club knew where I wanted to play. Maybe I will play in midfield when I'm a bit older if I have lost my legs a bit but I didn't want to play there.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-sir-alex-ferguson-played-him-out-of-position

Rooney might have been lingering around the 10, but he was expected to play more of a midfield role. That's a fact, I watched countless matches seeing Rooney in his own box back defending, turning the play, being involved in the counter, and then hoping to finish off with the goal. He was doing the additional work of a midfielder while trying to be a forward.

I didn't say United won the league because Rooney was outstanding. I just said Rooney has been an incredible player, and he has. His passing range has improved ridiculously (look at his distribution to the wings over the past season or two), his work-rate has always been unmatched amongst his teammates at United, his FK ability has improved drastically as well. He's been a great asset to United, and is the great hope for English football, which is why United want to pay whatever it takes to keep him.

Wayne Rooney has revealed he was unhappy at Manchester United under Sir Alex Ferguson because he felt he was being played out of position (10/10/13):

"You can clearly see I'm playing and I'm happy in my football," said Rooney. "David Moyes has come in, he's playing me up front, and I'm enjoying it.

"I've had no problem playing out of position in the past, but I'm a forward and I felt I deserved the right to play in my position.

"That wasn't happening. Naturally I was a bit disappointed and maybe that affected some of the games I played because last season wasn't my best.

"Everyone at the club knew where I wanted to play. Maybe I will play in midfield when I'm a bit older if I have lost my legs a bit but I didn't want to play there.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-sir-alex-ferguson-played-him-out-of-position

Rooney might have been lingering around the 10, but he was expected to play more of a midfield role. That's a fact, I watched countless matches seeing Rooney in his own box back defending, turning the play, being involved in the counter, and then hoping to finish off with the goal. He was doing the additional work of a midfielder while trying to be a forward.

I didn't say United won the league because Rooney was outstanding. I just said Rooney has been an incredible player, and he has. His passing range has improved ridiculously (look at his distribution to the wings over the past season or two), his work-rate has always been unmatched amongst his teammates at United, his FK ability has improved drastically as well. He's been a great asset to United, and is the great hope for English football, which is why United want to pay whatever it takes to keep him.

I know what Rooney said and I know what I've seen. He has not played that much out of position. In fact he has made those same drops into deep midfield this season to pick up the ball. So acting like that is something that stopped this year is bs. The point about us winning the league with him playing less than stellar was aimed at showing he has taken his foot off the gas after securing a new contract in the past. What's to say it won't happen again. I'm not trying to discredit Rooney as a wonderful player, we both know when he's on he's one of a kind

Last edited:

Rooney will always be offered a new deal because he's England's flagship player, and United will do ANYTHING to keep him. Beyond the fact that he's an incredible player for United, United know they can always sell boat loads of United merchandise through Rooney.
Valencia wanted no parts of the 7 shirt after one campaign.

Valencia wanted no parts of the 7 shirt after one campaign.

That's exactly who came to mind :lol:

I think while some fans may be calling for Januzaj to get that 7, I think fans need to ease off him. He's playing very well and showing signs of greatness, but that's cause he's young, trusts his instincts and isn't afraid to have a go. He's currently exceeding expectations. But the problem is what if his expectations grow passed his current ability level. I think that's when the seams start to bust, the cracks and immaturity may show. I just wish the media and fans would just let young players like him have a go without piling on the expectations of "the next..." so and so. Not all of these young players will rise, face the pressure head on and succeed like Ronaldo.

That's exactly who came to mind :lol:

I think while some fans may be calling for Januzaj to get that 7, I think fans need to ease off him. He's playing very well and showing signs of greatness, but that's cause he's young, trusts his instincts and isn't afraid to have a go. He's currently exceeding expectations. But the problem is what if his expectations grow passed his current ability level. I think that's when the seams start to bust, the cracks and immaturity may show. I just wish the media and fans would just let young players like him have a go without piling on the expectations of "the next..." so and so. Not all of these young players will rise, face the pressure head on and succeed like Ronaldo.
Same coworker who rocks the United warmup regularly (didn't today) was cheesing about Mata. Nobody could tell this dude anything. Homie offered to buy everyone dinner from Morton's.

Back
Top Bottom