The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

I just don't get Arsenal. They're on the verge of possibly doing something they haven't done in years (winning the league) & Draxler could've slotted in & played the striker role. If Wenger valued him at €30-€32 mill & Shalke wanted €40 mill, this deal should've gotten done especially when Kroenke is out buy 60 acres of land outside of LA... That's just bad business to me.

Word is that Kroenke is planning on moving the Rams to LA....but he gives no money to the club, I doubt he ever will. Which I'm fine with. As for putting pressure on other board members and Wenger, and being more vocal...I wish he would do more of that. The fact that he did that this week makes us look bad....in reality, even if he didn't it wouldn't have changed anything. Within the last few windows, I don't remember which ones exactly but he had done some major business as well. We're a self sustaining club and that's the way it's going to be kept. Wenger valued Draxler at 30-32mil.....43mil left over is enough for us to do some good business during the summer. At that point we would only a need a CB and a DM. Is 5m more that big of a deal to him, I guess so. That does seem to be the only reason. I don't think the board overruling him was ever an option

My man Mario
pimp.gif

So Frimpong is off to Barnsley on a permanent deal. :smh: If only he stayed the hell away from social media.

Is Sanogo still injured? When is Diaby coming back?

@ChampCruThik :lol: are you Italian?
inner city Miami
is Lucas out injured? Doesn't he primarily play on the wing? With Lavezzi on the other wing?
Lucas isn't injured.

Sanogo has been back in training. I wouldn't be surprised if he made a u21 appearance.
The lack of CDM in our academy....Hayden is a CB but it looks like he has been playing there more often than playing as CB this year. He's 18 and not ready yet. I think Coquelin will be gone.
Diaby his return is unknown. I think he was set for March/April but he had a set back at one point. I'm not too sure when that was. When he does come back, it's a question of how long will he last this time. I think he'll be forced to retire soon.

Got some good games going on this weekend :pimp:

Last edited:
Sucks that no one else came in, but oh well

Anyone know how good this Kallstrom guy is?

Edit: just saw he used to play for Lyon, didnt know that

Last edited:
In this week's edition of Realmadrid LIFE presented by Rhiannon Jones, Real Madrid unveil the new Santiago Bernabéu stadium, Ronaldo presents his Ballon d'Or to the fans & highlights from a perfect January.

Sucks that no one else came in, but oh well

Anyone know how good this Kallstrom guy is?

Edit: just saw he used to play for Lyon, didnt know that

Would've been a great signing 6-8 years ago but he might suprise some folks with the variety of positions he can play especially since the injuries & suspensions. His crime is that he isn't a striker or Draxler...

De Gea; Jones, Smalling, Evans, Evra; Carrick, Cleverley; Young, Rooney, Mata; van Persie.

Lindegaard, Rafael, Valencia, Fletcher, Januzaj, Hernandez, Welbeck.

@FootballcomUK: UNCONFIRMED reports say that new signing Kim Kallstrom has suffered an injury in training, out for 2-3 months. #afc

@FootballcomUK: UNCONFIRMED reports say that new signing Kim Kallstrom has suffered an injury in training, out for 2-3 months. #afc
A Swedish tabloid outlet is behind the story, that's the source for all other media outlets. It's not confirmed so I'll take it with a grain of salt

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom