The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

He might be. I don't disagree with you there.

Arsenal sticks to its valuation. Its a matter of financial GP.

DO i agree with it? For the most part, yes.

In this particular instance, prolly not.

And only because of this recent rash of injuries.

UP until this week, midfield wasn't a pressing area where we needed reinforcements IMO.

IF AW were to use him in a striker's role, which i'm not even sold on, it would make more sense.

Don't rule us out of buying him in the summer though.

I'm not ruling out Arsenal getting him at all. It's just this summer there will be more competition within the market. He's only going to get better, he'll play for Germany, other clubs might come knocking on the door with a bigger price tag. United could be in play, they need someone like him as well.

Would have been a bold statement to get Draxler right now. Not to mention a great signing.

I'm not ruling out Arsenal getting him at all. It's just this summer there will be more competition within the market. He's only going to get better, he'll play for Germany, other clubs might come knocking on the door with a bigger price tag. United could be in play, they need someone like him as well.

Would have been a bold statement to get Draxler right now. Not to mention a great signing.

I agree bruh. It would've sent a clear message to City/Chelski that we are BOUT IT.

And he'll def be more expensive after the WC.

This is the rare exception where i wish Arsene would've just splashed the cash over club financial philosophy.

I agree bruh. It would've sent a clear message to City/Chelski that we are BOUT IT.

And he'll def be more expensive after the WC.

This is the rare exception where i wish Arsene would've just splashed the cash over club financial philosophy.

Yea man, would have been big. Thats why I can't take Arsenal seriously yet.

In other news, looks like Mangala is not going to City this window. Thought City should have signed him too this window. They need a CB. But I guess Porto was asking for too much. I don't know why they didn't pull the trigger either, Mangala's price is NOT dropping. I want 40 million for the dude.

Yet Kroenke has the money to buy 60 acres of land in Inglewood, CA within the last few days.... What a turd...

Blanc has PSG playing a possession based style of play. He started off the campaign playing a 4-4-2 but has been using 4-3-3 as of late.

In other news...

Aubameyang scores for Dortmund. :smokin

OilyTediousBug.gif

Last edited:
Blanc has PSG playing a possession based style of play. He started off the campaign playing a 4-4-2 but has been using 4-3-3 as of late.

Cavani playing Winger? thats odd. Not sure if that'll work in the champions league.

Both Pastore & Cavani have struggled playing on the wing. Pastore's a one dimensional player. Cavani can't play the wing either & he's not a link-up player either... That's why there have been reports of him possibly being transferred.

Last edited:
For those of us stateside, ESPN FC will have an hour long transfer deadline show at 5PM ET.

NBC Sports will also have a transfer wrap up show at 6:30PM ET...

So Frimpong is off to Barnsley on a permanent deal. :smh: If only he stayed the hell away from social media.

Is Sanogo still injured? When is Diaby coming back?

champcruthik champcruthik :lol: are you Italian?

Boca is nowhere near me
this year's camo kit is alright, on the other hand next year's is :rolleyes

I was living on Biscayne with my boy last year for 6 months when I wrote Miami. But the commute to school in Boca was too nuts for me. Where do you stay at?
inner city Miami

Cavani playing Winger? thats odd. Not sure if that'll work in the champions league.

Both Pastore & Cavani have struggled playing on the wing. Pastore's a one dimensional player. Cavani can't play the wing either & he's not a link-up player either... That's why there have been reports of him possibly being transferred.
is Lucas out injured? Doesn't he primarily play on the wing? With Lavezzi on the other wing?

Last edited:
Only Kallstrom, I wish we would have signed another striker, but no top player wants to sit on the bench in a WC year.

Blanc hasn't been giving Lucas a lot of playing time. He's kinda developing the rep of being a soft player. I don't think he even made Scolari's Brazilian squad the last go around.

Don't think the window changed anything.
Think City will go on to win it, Arsenal/Chelsea will flip for 2nd/3rd, United will climb above Everton (and maybe Spurs), but won't come up on Liverpool in 4th. Mata doesn't solve their problems towards the back.
I'll go with Cardiff, West Ham, and West Brom to go down.

Rest of the leagues seem pretty sorted out. Outside of Diego to Atletico, no real action at the top of the Liga. Think it's a 3-horse race in to May. Germany/Italy are settled.

Same handful of favorites in the CL are still the favorites.

Last edited:
I just don't get Arsenal. They're on the verge of possibly doing something they haven't done in years (winning the league) & Draxler could've slotted in & played the striker role. If Wenger valued him at €30-€32 mill & Shalke wanted €40 mill, this deal should've gotten done especially when Kroenke is out buy 60 acres of land outside of LA... That's just bad business to me.

I can understand why Wenger didn't want to pay Draxler's boc but things are getting tight for us. The board was willing to pay it, we would have had 43mil to spend during the summer. I guess they didn't want to overrule him out of respect and some other reasons

What do fans think Wenger's reason for being stingy with money that isn't his is?

Is it his ego and wanting to win "his way" or something else

But that price is too close to me especially when the principle owner is out there spending loot on 60 acres of land outside of LA in the same week. When you look at the Draxler deal failing to materialize in context with the land purchase it just doesn't make sense especially with a player of Draxler's class.

Edit - damn & Liverpool fails to land another player... That so called transfer committee has a lot to answer for IMO... That's too many targets missed recently & the sums to acquire these players weren't astronomical.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom