The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

icl.gif

Last edited:
really tough draw for man u. They dominated that game

Hazard...god you are good

still have to watch the liverpool game...saw highlights that was it, still impressive

Everton Tottenham was a decent game. Great finish my Adebayor (sp?). I was actually impressed with Demebele going at people and showing great foot work. I had never thought he was that good but he played really well.

:lol: at Mesut Waldo. From what I've seen of him this season, he just dissapears in games. Maybe its a testament to Mourinhos demanding ways, but I don't think I ever saw Ozil walk around the field in a Real Madrid uniform. And if he did it wasn't as pronounced as it is in red and white.

From watching Ozil play with Madrid, I realized that he is a great player when he plays the lesser teams and the stage isn't so big. In big games though, he disappears off the face of the earth.

Ok so that was Montoya's man, he attempted to make his move, Pique should've provided cover but he sat there jogging & watching instead of sprinting to provide that second line of defense... Are Zubi & company watching how bad this guy is playing?!?!?
Pique should be benched. Let him see from the bench a bit and make him step it up. Don't agree with the contract extension either. 

I get the impression that Tata has to deal with a political element within Camp Nou that he's not happy about. One that prevents him from doing the things he'd like (that are needed). The same element that drove Pep out.

I don't think he gets to push these guys harder in practice or get them in the weight room to train harder which is something he was known for in Argentina both with Newell's & the Paraguayan NT.

The teams he managed pressed very hard & to do so they were in top shape. There were reports a short while ago that Tata was thinking about stepping down after this campaign because of the intense media scrutiny. If true, I think it had less to do with media scrutiny & more having to deal with the political element within Barca.

He ended up stating he wasn't going anywhere & I don't want him to go but I hope since Rosell is thankfully out, FCB can move in the direction needed.

I think the next person that needs to go is Zubi & although it probably won't happen, I think a new election needs to be held before 2016.

So Barca is interested in 17 year old Croatian Alen Halilovic. He's an attacking mid (right side) but may end up being a striker... He's also been linked to Arsenal & Tottenham...

If Ozil can't playmake he's just another body out there. Wandering around.

Can't score, has no pace, doesn't defend well.

Y'all are being a bit harsh on Ozil. He's just out of form. He'll be fine.

At Madrid he was feeding world class players. At Arsenal he's feeding the likes of Giroud....a drop off is to be expected

From watching Ozil play with Madrid, I realized that he is a great player when he plays the lesser teams and the stage isn't so big. In big games though, he disappears off the face of the earth.

You must have not watched much of him at Madrid then.

What Mourinho usually did with Ozil was sub him off at around the 70th minute mark, he would get pissed off most of the time but it was so he wouldn't get burnt/fitness issues.

That's what's happening now in the BPL to him, Wenger's beating him in the dirt non-stop imo. Maybe he'll adjust in time, who knows.

My favorite assist he ever had was against Barcelona, where Ronaldo scored the infamous "calma, calma" goal. http://i.minus.com/iBppbc6kX5pit.gif

I do have to say that he lacks on the finishing/scoring ability from time to time, example was one of the legs from the Dortmund match from last season.

He's still the best number 10 in the world though.

Stoppp, Ozil is not the best number 10 in the world. You can't just say that so presumptuously.

Lewandowski deserved it, good for him.

Last edited:

What Mourinho usually did with Ozil was sub him off at around the 70th minute mark, he would get pissed off most of the time but it was so he wouldn't get burnt/fitness issues.

That's what's happening now in the BPL to him, Wenger's beating him in the dirt non-stop imo. Maybe he'll adjust in time, who knows.

My favorite assist he ever had was against Barcelona, where Ronaldo scored the infamous "calma, calma" goal. http://i.minus.com/iBppbc6kX5pit.gif

I do have to say that he lacks on the finishing/scoring ability from time to time, example was one of the legs from the Dortmund match from last season.

beautifully weighted pass.. but he isn't best number 10 anymore... what confuses me though is why mata didn't fit at chelsea but mou fit in ozil

beautifully weighted pass.. but he isn't best number 10 anymore... what confuses me though is why mata didn't fit at chelsea but mou fit in ozil

Different leagues + different playing styles + different tactics.

Madrid could afford to play so offensive because most teams in La Liga couldn't challenge them anyway. Chelsea aren't as good attacking wise and need to rely on defense more.

And Muller is the best #10 in the world.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom