The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

|I  honestly don't see how they play in Italy.....such a beautiful country filled w/ ugly souls 

It's ridiculous. I feel like black players should be allowed to play anywhere in the world, but on the other hand, I wouldn't even blame them for putting in transfer requests (if they did).

^ For each person it's different but if I were one of those footballers or an NBA Clippers player, I wouldn't play until something substantial was done. I'm talking huge fine, points reduction, ultras being banned for life, sections closed for x # of matches, & squad reduction... All of it. It should be swift & the punishment has to be harsh.

In something a bit more up lifting... Check out the touch for this English League 1 player from Preston. :wow:

Just dock points from the team. I guarantee you, those fools throwing bananas will get the beat down from other fans when their team loses the title cause of their actions.

del Bosque's 30-man provisional squad. No Isco :frown: At least Thiago made it... :smokin

Defenders: Dani Carvajal, Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Juanfran (Atletico Madrid), Raul Albiol (Napoli), Javi Martinez (Bayern Munich), Alberto Moreno (Sevilla), Jordi Alba, Gerard Pique (Barcelona), Cesar Azpilicueta (Chelsea)

Midfielders: Andres Iniesta, Cesc Fabregas, Sergio Busquets, Xavi (Barcelona), Santi Cazorla (Arsenal), Juan Mata (Manchester United), David Silva (Manchester City), Thiago Alcantara (Bayern Munich), Ander Iturraspe (Athletic Bilbao), Koke (Atletico Madrid), Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid)

Attackers: Diego Costa, David Villa (Atletico Madrid), Alvaro Negredo, Jesus Navas (Manchester City), Fernando Torres (Chelsea), Fernando Llorente (Juventus), Pedro (Barcelona)

Edit - Goalkeepers: Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), Pepe Reina (Napoli), David de Gea (Manchester United)

Mata and De Gea made it :pimp: :pimp:

The continuation of the bizarre Samsung/Franz Beckenbauer "alien" ads featuring Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, Falcao, Oscar, Mario Gotze, & Wayne Rooney.

SACKED:
Tottenham Hotspur Verified account
‏@SpursOfficial
The Club can announce that Tim Sherwood has left his coaching position at the Club.
Reply Retweet Favorite More

7:16 AM - 13 May 2014

Sad to see him go.

VioletCalculatingAsianporcupine.gif

Last edited:
Chelsea just announced that John Terry has signed a one-year extension for next year. Played very well this year for Mou, still a **** human being tho.

If Luiz leaves. It's to PSG not Barca.

And Chelsea wouldn't need to sign a replacement. I can't even recall the last time he started at CB.

Plus we have Kalas, Omeruo, and Ivanovic who can backup Terry and Cahill if needed.

Portugal's preliminary 30 man roster.  Final cut is on the 19th.

Guarda-redes - Anthony Lopes (Lyon), Beto (Sevilha), Eduardo (SC Braga) e Rui Patrício (Sporting)

Defesas - André Almeida (Benfica), Antunes (Málaga), Bruno Alves (Fenerbahçe), Fábio Coentrão (Real Madrid), João Pereira (Valência), Neto (Zenit), Pepe (Real Madrid), Ricardo Costa (Valência) e Rolando (Inter)

Médios - André Gomes (Benfica), João Mário (Vitória FC), João Moutinho (Mónaco), Miguel Veloso (D. Kiev), Raul Meireles (Fenerbahçe), Rúben Amorim (Benfica) e William Carvalho (Sporting)

Avançados - Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid), Éder (SC Braga), Hélder Postiga (Lazio), Hugo Almeida (Besiktas), Ivan Cavaleiro (Benfica), Nani (Manchester United), Rafa (SC Braga), Ricardo Quaresma (FC Porto), Varela (FC Porto) e Vieirinha (Wolfsburgo)

Almeida better not be a starter in any of the matches. Wow @ Nani being included

Last edited:
Does anyone know the reason why he was left off? I'm really curious to know. It makes no sense.. But then again... France and the WC doesn't make sense..

Lacazette :pimp:
But seriously? How can the FFF leave Nasri out after a revitalized year? I'd take Nasri over Cabella and Cabaye all day. Hell, even Remy made the squad :lol:

Nasri left out of France's squad. Wth?

Does anyone know the reason why he was left off? I'm really curious to know. It makes no sense.. But then again... France and the WC doesn't make sense..

here's what Deschamps had to say:

The former France captain explained Nasri's inability to reproduce the excellent form he has shown in Manchester City's Premier League-winning season for the national team, and the midfielder's attitude when he is left out the side had led to him missing out on a second successive World Cup.

He said: "We're talking about a player of great quality. But Samir has had some performances in the French national team that aren't at the same level of those with City. He's an important player at City, which is not the case in the national team.

"He has said himself that he's not happy when he's a substitute. You can see that, and feel that within the squad. That's the three reasons why I didn't pick him."

but this is probably the real reason why he was left out...

[QUOTE from an article in 2013]Samir Nasri has told French TV that he was "stupid" to have insulted a journalist at Euro 2012, provoking a near year-long exile from international football for the Manchester City midfielder.

Nasri, 25, was handed a three-match ban by the French Football Federation (FFF) last summer after losing his temper with a journalist following France's quarter-final defeat to Spain.

However, the former Arsenal man, who had also been seen shouting "shut your mouth" to another journalist after scoring against England earlier in the tournament, only returned to the France squad last week when he was selected by Didier Deschamps for this summer's friendly double-header in South America.[/QUOTE]

I think Deschamps ain't having none of that this time...

If Luiz leaves. It's to PSG not Barca.

And Chelsea wouldn't need to sign a replacement. I can't even recall the last time he started at CB.

Plus we have Kalas, Omeruo, and Ivanovic who can backup Terry and Cahill if needed.

Kurt Zouma.
He'll eventually be a first teamer for Chelsea.

Last edited:
^^^ Exactly. Nasri is a bum in France. He's constantly being called selfish and his negative character is detrimental to the morale of the FFF. Similar to Anelka :smh:

The only reason this is even controversial is because Nasri had a rather redemptive year. Either way, the glass was always half-empty in regards to him making the national squad.

:wow: :nerd:

Leicester City: Billionaire owner 'will spend £180m' to make top five

Newly-promoted Leicester City's owner wants a top-five finish in the Premier League within three years - and will spend the money needed to get there.
The Championship title winners have returned to the top flight after a decade-long absence.
Billionaire Thai chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha outlined the club's next steps to reporters in Bangkok.

He said: "It will take a huge amount of money, possibly 10bn Thai Baht (£180m), to get there. That doesn't put us off."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27387616
Won't happen. Not in 3 years. Maybe not even at all, too much money and too much power in the top 6. Be nice to push them eventually, but Everyone is still in a high from promotion, it's just a pipe dream. For now. We've got to stay up first lol

It's nice to see he's willing to invest though. :D

Time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom