The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Summer Wanted Lists...

United: Toni Kroos, Marco Reus, Luke Shaw, Edinson Cavani, Cesc Fabregas, Eliaquim Mangala, William Carvalho, Arjen Robben, Thomas Muller and Mats Hummels.

Gooners: Lars Bender, Javi Martinez, Calum Chambers, Julian Draxler, Jackson Martinez, Mario Mandzukic.

The Blues: Strikers and lots of them. Costa, Mandzukic and Ezequiel Lavezzi are the main targets, while Didier Drogba could return to Chelsea on a free transfer. Tottenham midfielder Paulinho is a surprise target while left-back Filipe Luis is another player on Chelsea's radar.

'Pool: Adam Lallana and Steven Caulker.

Citeh: Eliaquim Mangala and Fernando (both Porto) and Arsenal’s Bacary Sagna. Luis Suarez is a long-standing target and could once again feature on their wanted list. And if Lionel Messi ever decides to leave Barcelona, City would be at the front of the queue. It's a big ‘if’ though.

Spuds: Lukaku is Tottenham’s main striker target, but it remains to be seen whether the club can match Chelsea’s valuation. They also hold a long-standing interest in Manchester United’s Javier Hernandez. Spurs will move for Yevhen Konoplyanka if he does not join Liverpool.

:wow: :nerd:

Leicester City: Billionaire owner 'will spend £180m' to make top five

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27387616
Won't happen. Not in 3 years. Maybe not even at all, too much money and too much power in the top 6. Be nice to push them eventually, but Everyone is still in a high from promotion, it's just a pipe dream. For now. We've got to stay up first lol

It's nice to see he's willing to invest though. :D

Time will tell.

I don't think there's a soul in the world who thinks that will happen. :lol: But most importantly, looks like he's wiling to give the PL run a real go. That kind of money for some 10m-15m range players, could bring in some quality, making a solid run towards top half of log.

Last edited:
Won't happen. Not in 3 years. Maybe not even at all, too much money and too much power in the top 6. Be nice to push them eventually, but Everyone is still in a high from promotion, it's just a pipe dream. For now. We've got to stay up first lol

It's nice to see he's willing to invest though. :D

Time will tell.

if they did make top 6 they would be slaughtered by FFP though, no?

[img ]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BniGHDzCQAARbZ1.jpg [/img]

BnigNyVCEAA-G1m.jpg:large

Last edited by a moderator:
if they did make top 6 they would be slaughtered by FFP though, no?
Absolutely :rofl:

Leicester City is not a big enough "product" so to speak to allow that kind of spending.

We simply don't make enough.

Me? I'll be happy with 17th :rofl:

Van der wiel didnt make the belgium wc squad?

Edit: nvm forgot he plays for the dutch. But damn he didnt make that roster. Wow

Last edited:

If Luiz leaves. It's to PSG not Barca.

And Chelsea wouldn't need to sign a replacement. I can't even recall the last time he started at CB.

Plus we have Kalas, Omeruo, and Ivanovic who can backup Terry and Cahill if needed.
Kurt Zouma.
He'll eventually be a first teamer for Chelsea.
Exactly what I was gonna say. Zouma look like he has what it takes

Surprised that Nasri didnt make the squad. That France squad looks really dangerous though

Last edited:
Everything on the Portugal list gave me confidence and satisfaction until I hit the Forward lists. Then I was brought down to reality. Quaresma tho :smokin

Good for him, hope he makes it.

Isco should defect to Portugal. Damn shame.

Last edited:
Summer Wanted Lists...

Gooners: Lars Bender, Javi Martinez, Calum Chambers, Julian Draxler, Jackson Martinez, Mario Mandzukic..

With Leverkusen finishing in 4th place, I think they would do what they can to hold onto Bender. Him or Martinez would be immense

Lacazette :pimp:
But seriously? How can the FFF leave Nasri out after a revitalized year? I'd take Nasri over Cabella and Cabaye all day. Hell, even Remy made the squad :lol:

I think Lacazette should be in there over Remy. He's had such a great season.

Nasri and his gf :lol:
53726dd7d834d.JPG

That Dutch squad is ridiculously young. Gonna be tough for them this time.

Crazy young! Defense for them will be an issue again. I was hoping that Davy Klassen would have at least made the provisional but I'm excited to see them play.

With Leverkusen finishing in 4th place, I think they would do what they can to hold onto Bender. Him or Martinez would be immense
I think Lacazette should be in there over Remy. He's had such a great season.

Nasri and his gf :lol:
53726dd7d834d.JPG

Crazy young! Defense for them will be an issue again. I was hoping that Davy Klassen would have at least made the provisional but I'm excited to see them play.
:lol: shes going in on fans in her tweets. Never knew Nasri's siuation with the Nat'l squad was like that. Still could of included him but it kinda makes sense from a coaching and chemistry standpoint.

I agree with Lacazette over Remy. Hell i rather see Lacazette over Giroud too. Dudes been nice all year. Future of France looks bright :pimp:

Anyone fancy this years Italian side? They look way better on paper than the 2010 team IMO. Lets see if Balotelli can deliver the goods this summmer.

Did Nasri have the same freedom on the pitch for the French as he did under Pellegrini?

Cause if he had Mancini-like restrictions, then I don't even see the hype/point of having him on the pitch honestly.

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet, here's Argentina's 30 man squad:

Goalkeepers:
Sergio Romero (Sampdoria)
Mariano Andújar (Catania)
Agustín Orión (Boca Juniors)

Defenders:
Pablo Zabaleta (Manchester City)
Federico Fernández (Napoli)
Ezequiel Garay (Benfica)
Marcos Rojo (Sporting Lisbon)
Hugo Campagnaro (Internazionale)
Martín Demichelis (Manchester City)
José Basanta (Monterrey)
Nicolás Otamendi (Atlético Mineiro)
Lisandro López (Getafe)
Gabriel Mercado (River Plate)

Midfielders:
Javier Mascherano (Barcelona)
Fernando Gago (Boca Juniors)
Lucas Biglia (Lazio)
Éver Banega (Newell's Old Boys)
Ricardo Alvarez (Inter)
Augusto Fernández (Celta Vigo)
José Sosa (Atlético Madrid)
Angel Di María (Real Madrid)
Maxi Rodríguez (Newell's Old Boys)
Fabián Rinaudo (Catania)
Enzo Pérez (Benfica)

Forwards:
Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
Gonzalo Higuaín (Napoli)
Sergio Agüero (Manchester City)
Rodrigo Palacio (Internazionale)
Ezequiel Lavezzi (Paris Saint-Germain)
Franco di Santo (Werder Bremen)

As you can see no Tevez (no surprise though), Cambiasso, Pastore, or Coloccini. I've never liked Sabella's clear Estuduantes bias when selecting players for the national team, I think there's better players out there. Fernando Gago suffered a pretty bad injury recently, it would have been nice to see Cambiasso in there instead of Rinaudo or Perez. Also, Coloccini is better than half the defenders on that list in my opinion. Yet, at the end of the day it doesn't matter all too much because Sabella has essentially fielded the same starting 11 for two years now. Hopefully it all works out in Brazil.

Last edited:
Surprised this hasn't been posted yet, here's Argentina's 30 man squad:

Goalkeepers:
Sergio Romero (Sampdoria)
Mariano Andújar (Catania)
Agustín Orión (Boca Juniors)

Defenders:
Pablo Zabaleta (Manchester City)
Federico Fernández (Napoli)
Ezequiel Garay (Benfica)
Marcos Rojo (Sporting Lisbon)
Hugo Campagnaro (Internazionale)
Martín Demichelis (Manchester City)
José Basanta (Monterrey)
Nicolás Otamendi (Atlético Mineiro)
Lisandro López (Getafe)
Gabriel Mercado (River Plate)

Midfielders:
Javier Mascherano (Barcelona)
Fernando Gago (Boca Juniors)
Lucas Biglia (Lazio)
Éver Banega (Newell's Old Boys)
Ricardo Alvarez (Inter)
Augusto Fernández (Celta Vigo)
José Sosa (Atlético Madrid)
Angel Di María (Real Madrid)
Maxi Rodríguez (Newell's Old Boys)
Fabián Rinaudo (Catania)
Enzo Pérez (Benfica)

Forwards:
Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
Gonzalo Higuaín (Napoli)
Sergio Agüero (Manchester City)
Rodrigo Palacio (Internazionale)
Ezequiel Lavezzi (Paris Saint-Germain)
Franco di Santo (Werder Bremen)

As you can see no Tevez (no surprise though), Cambiasso, Pastore, or Coloccini. I've never liked Sabella's clear Estuduantes bias when selecting players for the national team, I think there's better players out there. Fernando Gago suffered a pretty bad injury recently, it would have been nice to see Cambiasso in there instead of Rinaudo or Perez. Also, Coloccini is better than half the defenders on that list in my opinion. Yet, at the end of the day it doesn't matter all too much because Sabella has essentially fielded the same starting 11 for two years now. Hopefully it all works out in Brazil.
It was posted already sometime last week.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom