The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Jimenez at porto :pimp:

I am hoping these mexican youngns have one hell of WC.

I saw that interview with some coach or something like that saying Fabian was linked to a german club and layun to an italian club.

I hope pulido makes it out to Europe as well. Son hasn't disappointed with the NT.

Olympiacos was very interested in Pulido. Once they saw what he made in Mexico and how much tigres wanted (10 mil.) they quickly said they couldn't pay that amount.

Fabian has always been linked to numerous clubs, now CA officials are saying that a German club has been following for some time now... I doubt that he leaves, for the simple fact that CA still has to pay CHIVAS a little over 8 mil to keep him.

Layun already played in Italy. Actually went from second division Veracruz (at the time) to playing in the serie A with Atalanta. He holds a European passport too, so that can help him out greatly...

Forgot about the Benfica game, hopefully thunder strikes the pitch.

I'm sticking with my statement Fresco, Vela would still be the most talented player on the pitch lol. Those names did nothing for me. Maybe Ozil, mayyyybe. But Ozil has his head in the clouds half the time.

Olympiacos was very interested in Pulido. Once they saw what he made in Mexico and how much tigres wanted (10 mil.) they quickly said they couldn't pay that amount.

Fabian has always been linked to numerous clubs, now CA officials are saying that a German club has been following for some time now... I doubt that he leaves, for the simple fact that CA still has to pay CHIVAS a little over 8 mil to keep him.

Layun already played in Italy. Actually went from second division Veracruz (at the time) to playing in the serie A with Atalanta. He holds a European passport too, so that can help him out greatly...

do you feel mexican clubs overprice their players when Europeans come shopping? I think this is probably one of the biggest problems with them leaving, either that or the players don't want to adjust to a different country; different culture, and language.

I think Fabian might leave. I was reading his stint with Guadalajara ended in a sour note and he's having a good season under Tena.

Yea, I was reading about Layun so he already has some experience out there, hopefully he moves out again.

Liga MX is very competitive.

Sidenote, I hope Corona(not the goalie) makes it into the WC squad next time. Dude is the future man. Son's work rate is incredible and he has confidence in his game. Nice flair about him too. I am keeping tabs on him.

Do you now what's going on with Guardado? Dude was loaned to Leverkusen but hasn't seen much action since getting there...

chiva1908 chiva1908 no idea who this guy Jimenez is. But I'm up for a change. Jackson Martinez stock has dropped an we need to sell him while we can. Tired of the dude.

Thiago to miss the WC. Suffered a knee injury in training.

Damn that sucks. He was one of the players I was looking forward to watching the most

Thiago to miss the WC. Suffered a knee injury in training.

Damn that sucks. He was one of the players I was looking forward to watching the most

Man this WC is gonna miss alot of pretty damn good players due to injury/down year.

Coupé It Coupé It Another Mexican at Porto?

America has just signed Mexico's best Forward. Their current Forward is 22 year old Forward who a lot of Mexican Media said would be sold to a team in Europe. Portuguese newspapers are saying that once they sell Jackson Martinez, Jimenez could be his replacement...

Seen an article, they are labeling him as "The Mexican Zlatan" :rofl:
Would be a good move for him though.

Anyways.
Bay Area Heads!
View media item 970764

Did Nasri have the same freedom on the pitch for the French as he did under Pellegrini?

Cause if he had Mancini-like restrictions, then I don't even see the hype/point of having him on the pitch honestly.

It's not even about Nasri as a player. The French National squad has been a real soap opera since the Domenech era during the 2010 WC and it was still an issue during the Blanc period as well. If you recall, it was a real public $*^*show and the media loved it:

- Nasri left out of 2010 squad for his pissy attitude, and he reacted like a diva to the news
- Domenech called Anelka, Ribery, and Henry selfish players, ends up sending Anelka home for cussing him out
- The team was revolting DURING the WC (ie. not showing up to practice, chilling on the team bus)... and who led the charge... Patrice Evra (the got damn captain :smh: )
- Ribery despised Yoann Gourcuff for some reason... maybe because his nickname was Le Petit Zizou (mini Zidane)

Either way, they were eliminated in horrendous fashion in the group stages with just 1 single point in Group A comprised of (Uruguay, Mexico, and South Africa) :x This is the first time in a long time the France squad looks to have unity, given most of the pariahs are either too old and quite frankly the likes of Griezmann, Pogba, Varane, and other up-and-comers provide a refreshing change.

allez les bleus :pimp:

I remember the drama, I'm just trying to remember how he fit into the 11. I'm trying to figure out whether he would have made an impact without the drama.

I remember the drama, I'm just trying to remember how he fit into the 11. I'm trying to figure out whether he would have made an impact without the drama.

Ehh, possibly. Drama aside, he'd maybe, MAYBE get the starting nod over Cabaye or Valbuena, but the likes of Pogba, Matuidi and Ribery holding down the core make Nasri's stock less about necessity and more about favoritism, which he clearly has ran out of with the FFF.

Wow, that Sevilla keeper took like 3 steps out to make that save... legal?! 

Last edited:
Seriously Benfica, what the @#$@. ANOTHER choke job, I thought we were over that after winning the league

Back
Top Bottom