The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

I'm still relatively new to football....can someone explain why lewandowski and gotze would leave Dortmund to go to bayern?
There are still historic political undertones being played in the football world. Especially for Lewandowski's case about 2 years ago when looking for a contract extension while other clubs were on the hunt for him he said he'll stay at Dortmund if he was given a raise but the Board told him that there would be no way that a Polish player would be the highest paid on the team. Being Poland and Germany, thousands of years of history plus the World Wars etc. etc. I think you can understand. So he looked elsewhere who would accept him, obviously Bayern.

Of course we now know that the best teams in the world have the most diversity amongst the players. Has it worked? examples of Yes and No. The Top 5 flight English teams have at most 2 or 3 English starting 11's consistently which they have been criticized for by their own. While other countries like Russia for example where racism is still relevant, some wont bother scouting out talent for their team beyond eastern europe

Gotze was just greed though

I think it was Rook who wanted the Hulk goal, my bad late response. I mean its not much but as brasilian as it gets but imagine at the world stage

gifs
GlumAlienatedHarrierhawk.gif

WelllitWealthyCowrie.gif

SameHiddenIvorybackedwoodswallow.gif

WhisperedSaneGeese.gif

SelfassuredGiftedAsianpiedstarling.gif

IncompatibleAmusedIberianlynx.gif

RelievedFemaleHogget.gif

RipeLightBeagle.gif

DependentUnkemptAmazontreeboa.gif

UnripeFrightenedArcticwolf.gif

FakeIdealHalibut.gif

FastOldfashionedAfricanhornbill.gif

You guys hurt they left? They dont owe dortmund anything. Its all about playing for a top level club and $$$. Thats futbol.

Last edited:
The reason why most people dislike what they did, including myself, was the greed and betrayal. Its not like they were living check to check struggling to pay off their estates/high end apartments and beamers at Dortmund. Its not about Top Flight football either. BVB already has had some degree of success in UEFA and are basically the only competition in Bundesliga.

They chose to turn their back on arguably one of the most passionate fanbases in all of Europe for money and fame. Of course they dont owe BVB anything but it showed their character as individuals. Thats why they received the backlash they got, for joining the rival because they offered you more money.

Last edited:
Why do footie fans believe professionals should have loyalty to a club?

Its not that way in ANY sport... Theyre PROfessionals

They dont care about you breh.. most of them want LESS limelight. They know theyll be stars wherever they go. At the end of the day... The almighty dollar rules.

Why is Dempsey in MLS

Its a professional footballers job to make as much as they can in the ten year window that is their productive career(s)

And your mad hes not taking less to show some sort of gratitude to you the fan? And oh by the way its more money to play for a betterrr team... FOH

View media item 977034View media item 977033

View media item 977035

Last edited:
CR7? nah...
don't get me wrong though,of course Real was gonna throw money at him...
but he left after winning everything at United - 3 league titles,1 European Cup,1 FA Cup,2 League cups,1 FIFA Club World Cup and of course the World Player of the Year award...

when he left Old Trafford,he had the blessings of the fans... :pimp:

Last edited:
I think it would have been better for them had they just went abroad.. not to a direct rival in Bayern.. oh well, leaned a long time ago these fools are anything but loyal..and part of me can't even blame them

Last edited:
The thing that bothers me is that bayern got both guys for a bargain. Stealing your rivals two best players for almost nothing.

People who have the "Sports package". (BeIn Sports, NBC Sports)

Is it worth it to keep paying for it during the offseason? Anything appealing? I'm thinking about canceling it till August.

CR7? nah...
don't get me wrong though,of course Real was gonna throw money at him...
but he left after winning everything at United - 3 league titles,1 European Cup,1 FA Cup,2 League cups,1 FIFA Club World Cup and of course the World Player of the Year award...

when he left Old Trafford,he had the blessings of the fans... :pimp:

:lol: Those fans who blessed his choice to leave are the same ones currently trying to organize the "Bring CR7 Home" campaign :rofl:

By your criteria, He hasn't won "everything" with RM yet... why would he leave now.

Nah lewa was a free transfer i thought.

Yep. Who knows how much they would both gone for in the free market. But gotze should of gotten at least Neymar money and lewadowski probably would more than cavani. Yeah I rate them both higher.

Is it worth it to keep paying for it during the offseason? Anything appealing? I'm thinking about canceling it till August.

No it's not :lol:

When the leagues ramp back up then yes obviously. But Bein Sports is pretty dry without the actual matches.

Do it for the MLS and you can watch my Portland Timbers play. :pimp: :lol: Joking of course. I doubt its worth keeping though.

Since the World Cups is coming up you guys starting a new thread or we keeping in here?

Milan miss Europe for the first time since 1999.

They can throw some sweet midweek BBQs with United.

Back
Top Bottom