The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Do it for the MLS and you can watch my Portland Timbers play. :pimp: :lol: Joking of course. I doubt its worth keeping though.

Since the World Cups is coming up you guys starting a new thread or we keeping in here?

Supposedly there already is a World Cup thread. I wanted to make one but someone told me we have one?

The new football thread for next year I got dibs on lol. Trying to add polls and and what not. Make it little more entertaining.

The reason why most people dislike what they did, including myself, was the greed and betrayal. Its not like they were living check to check struggling to pay off their estates/high end apartments and beamers at Dortmund. Its not about Top Flight football either. BVB already has had some degree of success in UEFA and are basically the only competition in Bundesliga.

They chose to turn their back on arguably one of the most passionate fanbases in all of Europe for money and fame. Of course they dont owe BVB anything but it showed their character as individuals. Thats why they received the backlash they got, for joining the rival because they offered you more money.
Lewandowski did none of those things, so you can leave him out of this m8.

Son ran down his contract but still played at world class level in his final season. Yea, it sucks bvb couldn't get money of out him, but they didn't want to sell him either and he was set to leave last year. BVB fans aren't mad about lewa, yea it sucks he's leaving, but it was bound to happen with a talent of his magnitude and all the clubs that were scouting for him too.

Gotze on the other hand...

Bn3SWcSIUAEWzAb.jpg

Bn3G2s6IYAABd8a.jpg

Bn3EPHlIAAA83ec.jpg

Bn3EPHlIAAA83ec.jpg

Bn3Ct1SIMAQhmqy.jpg

Bn3IAcbIQAMuMTo.jpg

Bn7lLESIIAAnybM.jpg

Bn8avNIIYAA-XKV.jpg

Bn8Eh3-CQAECLrO.jpg

BkcpxsDCYAAexfX.jpg

Bn8xxOAIAAEP5b1.jpg

Bn8IZ2VCYAA8TnX.png

Bn803_jIEAA7a5a.jpg:large

Bn81shwIcAEZpL9.jpg

Bn5r_hEIEAAoiwj.jpg

Last edited:
So is sagna still leaving?

Weren't ManCity interested in him too....

Inter and Gala are interested. I think Monaco as well. It seemed that he didn't want to go to another PL club and wanted to go abroad. But City made him the best offer, 100k per week or so. Looked like he was going to take their offer but since we have won, he wants to sit down and talk. He deserves more money, he has been great for us. I really hope he stays

Liga MX can't even put their final on a channel that I get in HD? SMH.

Mostly watching just to see if Rafa Marquez does something stupid. :lol:

^ You talking about the fans that got injured or that both along with Valladolid getting relegated? Oh well, them the breaks...

Had a full weekend of footy for my son. He had the second 2 hour try out for a different more talented/competitive club (travel) team. One of the assistants looked at me afterwards & pointed while winking indicating he's done really well. He also has a tryout this Wednesday & Thursday for another team he's interested in playing...

He had two games today to finish the spring season with his current club. We won the first game & tied the second so we finished 4-1-1 for the spring. I was proud of my son. He played very well this spring & grew as a player.

After the first game today the 3 coaches came over to my boy & said they were really impressed with his play. he & the other full back would not let their side score (we won that game 2-0) which is an accomplishment because that team hard hard & were super fast.

Anyway, just got done watching the Barca vs Atleti game. :stoneface: First off, congrats to Atleti. They had a superb season. They were the embodiment of el Cholo. Christ, the team lost Costa & Turan, their 2 best players early on & were still able to hold Barca at bay & draw at Camp Nou. I was glad to see the Camp Nou crowd give Atleti a standing ovation.

I feel bad for Tata. I honestly think the board held him back for truly doing what he wanted to do. They also made the mistake in not making any purchases in January. The second half of this campaign went terribly & I attribute a large part of the problem to a lack of leadership amongst the players. They also didn't play with any sense of urgency or tenacity most the second half of the campaign. Tata also had to deal with a ton of drama that effected his squad that was none of his doing.

I'm not sure I'm onboard with the hiring of Enrique. There are already rumblings that some players aren't on board with his hire because of his abrasive in your face managerial style. I would've rather seen the club go after de Boer if anyone.

I've said this many times before, I'm not confident in the president Bartomeu, the board, or Zubi to be able to rebuild this team properly or to properly utilize or carry out an action plan for the younger players on the B squad & below.

That being said, I hope Costa & Turan are ok because I'd really love for them to win the CL & also prevent Madrid from la decima. Go Atleti!!!

Last edited:
Lewandowski did none of those things, so you can leave him out of this m8.

Son ran down his contract but still played at world class level in his final season. Yea, it sucks bvb couldn't get money of out him, but they didn't want to sell him either and he was set to leave last year. BVB fans aren't mad about lewa, yea it sucks he's leaving, but it was bound to happen with a talent of his magnitude and all the clubs that were scouting for him too.

Gotze on the other hand...
My post was mainly more towards Gotze :lol: But Lewa could of stayed, for less money of course. I didnt expect that level of loyalty since he is Polish so the money talked. I mean at least he made a decision and didnt pull a LeBron. Personally I lost a little respect I mean he could of went abroad instead of joing their rivals but thats just my opinion.

My post was mainly more towards Gotze :lol: But Lewa could of stayed, for less money of course. I didnt expect that level of loyalty since he is Polish so the money talked. I mean at least he made a decision and didnt pull a LeBron. Personally I lost a little respect I mean he could of went abroad instead of joing their rivals but thats just my opinion.

what does this even mean? lol

Yo, so I just found out Mexico won the Toulon tournament in 2012. They were truly on fire that year.

May 21st it seems Mexico is invited for the 3rd time.

Mexico vs Portugal May 21st.

I wanna see the squad.

we always don't wanna hear about these things... :frown:

France goalkeeper Steve Mandanda has confirmed he will miss the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil[emoji]8482[/emoji] after suffering a neck injury in Marseille's final match of the French Ligue 1 season. The 27-year-old collided with Guingamp striker Mustapha Yatabare during the first half of an eventual 1-0 victory for Marseille at the Stade Velodrome on Saturday.

Marseille announced Mandanda had suffered a cracked vertebra, immediately putting his World Cup place in jeopardy, and Mandanda used his Twitter account to confirm the news on Sunday. "It is with sadness that I announce that unfortunately I will not be able to keep my place in the World Cup squad," he wrote. "I wish the team of France a World Cup full of success."

Mandanda had been named alongside goalkeepers Hugo Lloris of Tottenham Hotspur and Bastia's Mickael Landreau in France's 23-man squad for the Brazil finals, with Stephane Ruffier of Saint-Etienne now expected to be called up from the reserve list.

Speaking on Saturday evening, Marseille club doctor Christophe Baudot moved to allay fears of any neurological damage. "Steve has suffered a crack on his first cervical vertebra," Baudot told Marseille's official website. "We are still to learn the length of time he needs to recover, he must go for further tests on Monday.

"However, there is no neurological problem. He returned home in a medical transport after undergoing tests. He is wearing a neck brace, but he is fine."

I watched that incident on youtube... :x dude laid there motionless after the collision... :frown:

The Poles and Germans don't necessarily have the happiest of relationships (ie. lingering feelings from WW2/ German Invasion of Poland). Apparently when Lewa first asked for a transfer, it had less to do with greed and more so the fact that when he was in the negotiation room with Dortmund execs, statements were thrown out like "A Pole can not earn much in Dortmund" or a Pole cannot be the highest paid player on a german team.

Taking that into consideration, Lewandowski is completely justified in wanting to get the hell out of Dortmund.

My post was mainly more towards Gotze
laugh.gif
But Lewa could of stayed, for less money of course. I didnt expect that level of loyalty since he is Polish so the money talked. I mean at least he made a decision and didnt pull a LeBron. Personally I lost a little respect I mean he could of went abroad instead of joing their rivals but thats just my opinion.

The Poles and Germans don't necessarily have the happiest of relationships (ie. lingering feelings from WW2/ German Invasion of Poland). Apparently when Lewa first asked for a transfer, it had less to do with greed and more so the fact that when he was in the negotiation room with Dortmund execs, statements were thrown out like "A Pole can not earn much in Dortmund" or a Pole cannot be the highest paid player on a german team.

Taking that into consideration, Lewandowski is completely justified in wanting to get the hell out of Dortmund.
basically what I said last page

Anyway, just got done watching the Barca vs Atleti game. :stoneface: First off, congrats to Atleti. They had a superb season. They were the embodiment of el Cholo. Christ, the team lost Costa & Turan, their 2 best players early on & were still able to hold Barca at bay & draw at Camp Nou. I was glad to see the Camp Nou crowd give Atleti a standing ovation.

I feel bad for Tata. I honestly think the board held him back for truly doing what he wanted to do. They also made the mistake in not making any purchases in January. The second half of this campaign went terribly & I attribute a large part of the problem to a lack of leadership amongst the players. They also didn't play with any sense of urgency or tenacity most the second half of the campaign. Tata also had to deal with a ton of drama that effected his squad that was none of his doing.

I'm not sure I'm onboard with the hiring of Enrique. There are already rumblings that some players aren't on board with his hire because of his abrasive in your face managerial style. I would've rather seen the club go after de Boer if anyone.

I've said this many times before, I'm not confident in the president Bartomeu, the board, or Zubi to be able to rebuild this team properly or to properly utilize or carry out an action plan for the younger players on the B squad & below

That being said, I hope Costa & Turan are ok because I'd really love for them to win the CL & also prevent Madrid from la decima. Go Atleti!!!

The problem with Barcelona is the board members. They're the one accountable to how bad the season has gone. Don't get me wrong the players and Tata have done a terrible job as well. But at the end of the day it's The president & Zubi who call the shots. I truly believe they brought in Tata to say look we brought a foreign manager not from la masia to change thing. Didn't let Tata do as he pleased and now going for Enrique as to show that changing things wasn't a good idea. Tata was used by the board and it sucks cause I believe he was able to turn things around and he did that at the beginning of the season but seems like the board didn't like it cause we lacked possession smh

Last edited:
Has this been posted?

Wow.
article-0-1DF9FDB200000578-170_1024x615_large.jpg

Saw that in some footie forums over the weekend.

I wonder if Nike will soon regret letting go their original club and introduction to world football now that Arsenal dusted off their trophy cabinet and have plenty of cash to spend this summer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom