The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

It's alright. I love Barca with more stripes tho and lighter shades of the blaugrana.

Someone tell me why tho "Qatar airways" is still in white don't. Explain that to me. Makes no damn sense. Could be the reason they didn't win anything this year :nerd:

Southampton fire academy coaches Jason Dodd and Paul Williams for not spending enough time with their youth players

The pair were told on Monday that they would have to leave the club
MARC WILLIAMS Tuesday 20 May 2014

Southampton have fired two of their academy coaches, Jason Dodd and Paul Williams, because the pair did ‘not spend enough time with the players’.

The Daily Mail is reporting how Dodd and Williams have been relieved of their roles within the club’s highly-regarded academy system.

Saint’s academy has brought through many quality young players recently, under Dodd and Williams’s guidance, none more so than recent England World Cup squad member, Luke Shaw.

Other players credited to have been brought through the youth system, regarded as one of the finest in the country, are Premier League starters Calum Chambers, James Ward-Prowse, Harry Reed and Sam Gallagher.

The pair were told off their dismissals by interim academy director Matt Hale on Monday and are said to be stunned by the decisions.

Dodd, who played 398 times for the club, joined as a youth coach in 2009 with Williams, an FA Cup finalist with the Saints, joining the coaching staff two years later.

It is understood that the reason for their sacking is because of unhealthy relationships with other coaches and for not spending sufficient time with the Under-16 squad.

Staff and players at St Marys are reported to be shocked and stunned by the news but the club were unavailable to comment.

With several high profile players, including as Shaw, reportedly set to leave the club this summer, Southampton are in for a turbulent time over the next few months and the timing of these sackings is sure to add to their problems.

I really need to go to Europe one time. The variety of women :pimp:
Must be deeper than money if they met and married back in college but who knows

If you're near a TV right now, Real Sports on HBO is doing stories on World Cup costs and racism in European football tonight. Henry and Altidore were interviewed.

F.C. Barcelona 2014/2015 Home Kit

View media item 981411

Sorry for pic quoting, but my post necessitated it.

Funny how they used Edgar Ie & Dongou in the pic to add some "color". :rolleyes

I hope they get a shot to play on the first team especially Edgar whose a nice centre back & has the makings of being a great player.

Always wanted to see what he & Bartra could do together...

Also love the attacking nature of Dongou & the way he runs at the goal...

Whelp, there's hope for Enrique... Looks like Barca promoted Jordi Masip from the B squad to be the back up goalie. They extended his contract & set his release clause to €35 million. I mentioned this cat back in October. Now if they give Edgar Ie a shot & get at least another CB, I'll be happy...

I feel like Barca were more concerned with giving Neymar the 11 shirt last summer than they were about keeping Thiago. Maybe a clause in Jr's transfer/contract? Just random thought

Costa visiting miracle doctor to play saturday. Seems to be legit...doc worked on RVp and lampard before also

Yes i am petty...but i don't like the neck cut out thing on the barca jersey.  Idk what it is...but i would have preferred it not be there.  Not like it matters to me that much since i will be picking up a Real Madrid jersey next year anyway 

:lol: @ Winamp.

Balo got racist abuse from a group of ******** at Italy's camp yesterday.
It's 23 on 5 (or so), should have just stomped them dudes out...

So they just blatantly ripped off Arsenal's away kit?

You could look at it that way but Chelsea has had a number of yellow kits over the years paired with either blue or black. Although it didn't have a collar, this new kit reminded me of Chelsea's third kit from 08-09.

I feel like Barca were more concerned with giving Neymar the 11 shirt last summer than they were about keeping Thiago. Maybe a clause in Jr's transfer/contract? Just random thought

I think Thiago & his agent were always going to leave once Pep set up shop at Bayern. Pep was Thiago's biggest fan. I'm not sure he would've stayed even if he met the playing time clause & I don't think the powers that be really understand how to run a successful football club (not talking about the business side). Just look at how things have been run over the last 3 years...

In other news, Cesc not being in that kit launch pic has stirred a lot of rumors & innuendo bout him being transferred... Didn't realize he wasn't in the pic until now... Does seem kind of odd.

The one aspect I like about Enrique's hiring is the attacking way his Celta team played & how he'll push for better conditioning (Pique should benefit) & high intensity training. He'll demand fitness & performance just like Pep did. Like the article linked below says, Enrique really is the Spanish version of Roy Keane. :lol:

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/_/name/laliga/id/1956?cc=5901&fgd

Listening to James Richardson's Football Weekly podcast reaffirms how much better the play in La Liga is despite the financial mess most of the teams are in. The coaching & players collectively are miles ahead of any other leagues. MILES.

One of the pundits said the league has earned the greatest number of UEFA coefficient points over a 5 year period since the inception of the rankings. More than 100 points will have been earned by the time the cycle ends. :smokin

Sevilla sold off 17 players last summer (including the likes of Negredo & Navas) while bringing in replacements at minimal or free costs bringing in Bacca & Beto. They wouldn't have even been in the EL had it not been for Malaga getting thrown out yet they won the tournament in convincing fashion.

Sad thing is they will likely lose more players this summer.

:lol: @ Winamp.

Balo got racist abuse from a group of ******** at Italy's camp yesterday.
It's 23 on 5 (or so), should have just stomped them dudes out...

Does Pogba get the same Racial abuse as Balotelli does in Italy?
I don't recall reading any stories. Or Italian's just have something against Balotelli?
It's the training camp so they must have Security or Officers there.
How do they let these guys continue to talk all this **** without removing them from the camp? :smh:

Weird as it might sound, a CM who doesn't take corners is probably less likely to get abuse just due to his position on the pitch. I could be completely wrong though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom