The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Sorta looks like Barca's font.

I'd leave if I was Ronaldo now. What else is there to prove? Won a champions league at United, now Real. He loves taking challenges who knows
nerd.gif
If he keeps up his current rate he can become RM's top scorer of all time in 2 seasons, and also why not stay where you have the best chance to win another UCL? Most of the team that won is in its prime or only getting better. Not sure if the great players have treble as something they look to accomplish winning too, he hasn't done that yet in his career.

Either way, Ronnie is made for glamour and there's nowhere more glamorous than playing as a galactico in the all-white.

There's also just nowhere else that makes sense for him to go to take on a real challenge. I can't see him going to Juve and the Milan teams have become irrelevant for now. going to Bayern and winning a Bundesliga wouldn't even be a challenge for him, and he's already won the Prem (although maybe he'll eventually go back to United and dominate the Prem if they get some real pieces.) Playing in the oblivion of the French league for PSG would be a joke, he can collect that money and enjoy the Parisian life when he's in his 30s. Ronnie is a thoroughbred footballer who in his prime will only play for historic clubs with culture.

The best and most sensible challenge for him is to repeat in Madrid.

i cant find the video on bleacher report but what sparked the Simeone field charge at Varane was Varane kicked the ball in Simeone's direction so he kicked it back and then went at him

One crazy thing about Real's win today is that despite winning 4-1, they had glaring holes in the team that could have been exposed against a better side.

Carvajal was trash, Benz was non-existent, and who knows if even a healthy Khedira could have helped control the midfield.

With that, i'll segue into transfer talk 
laugh.gif

Suarez has to come this Summer. He's made to be a galactico. Pool will make it very expensive and difficult though.

I want Pogba. Real has a nice French connection going with Zizou, Benz, and Varane too.

Carvajal was atrocious, but I think the sensible move is to let him develop. I'd love to have Lahm or Alves on the team but that's obviously not happening, and i can't think of other in-prime RBs that are worth bringing in and stunting Carvajals growth for.

@CoupeIt88, sell me on Danilo 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
If he keeps up his current rate he can become RM's top scorer of all time in 2 seasons, and also why not stay where you have the best chance to win another UCL? Most of the team that won is in its prime or only getting better. Not sure if the great players have treble as something they look to accomplish winning too, he hasn't done that yet in his career.

Either way, Ronnie is made for glamour and there's nowhere more glamorous than playing as a galactico in the all-white.

There's also just nowhere else that makes sense for him to go to take on a real challenge. I can't see him going to Juve and the Milan teams have become irrelevant for now. going to Bayern and winning a Bundesliga wouldn't even be a challenge for him, and he's already won the Prem (although maybe he'll eventually go back to United and dominate the Prem if they get some real pieces.) Playing in the oblivion of the French league for PSG would be a joke, he can collect that money and enjoy the Parisian life when he's in his 30s. Ronnie is a thoroughbred footballer who in his prime will only play for historic clubs with culture.

The best and most sensible challenge for him is to repeat in Madrid.

Great points and I agree with most of them. Playing for Madrid is as glamorous as playing for the Lakers - it has that type of aura. Weather, media, women, fans. Breaking Real records is indeed a hell of an accomplishment and I'm sure a goal of his (to become the best Real player ever). I doubt he leaves also - but Ronaldo loves challenges. You never know with him.

But let's say he goes to PSG and wins the CL with them. That'd be hugeee. Not the league so much but giving them there first CL trophy. He'd be a legend there. Going back to United, or Playing in Italy (which has dropped off the planet), or playing for Bayern would never happen. PSG would be the only logical destination.

I doubt it tho, although I'd love to see it.

*You do not want Alves or Lahm, they're in the wrong side of age. Danilo would be a great pickup or DeScelgio from Milan. They need someone since Argeloa is becoming busted. They also need another CB in a season or two. Pogba or Luis Suarez will be in all white soon, I see that happening.

Last edited:
Some random thoughts and comments not necessarily about the game but just soccer in general.

Where the hell these all Real Madrid fans come from? The usual bar I frequent week in and week out was packed with real fans today. I've never seen any of them there before. Not for a normal la liga game or for a clasico. During clasicos, I'm out numbered vs barca fans. Kinda annoys me where all these Real Madrid fans comes out of the woodwork sporting the jersey yet has no idea what's going on with the team and talks about wait til Neymar gets subbed in. :stoneface: I know it's a great thing that soccer is growing in America and being a fan has to start at some point but c'mon people, don't open your mouth unless you know what exactly you're talking about. And as soon as the final whistle blew, bar cleared out. I'm like you guys were packed in here, celebrating like crazy when Ramos scored but you're not staying for the trophy presentation? Sorry, just had to get that off my chest and I figured you guys will understand and can relate.

Moving on, I'm surprised sportscneter had more than a minute of coverage of the final. Actually felt like 5 minutes but still not surprised that they showed Red Sox, yanks highlights first.

Keep those links coming. Love seeing the behind the scenes stuff..

Does anybody know of there's going to be a DVD/blu-Ray release of the game, commemorating year for real? Kind of what they do with the nba/mlb/nba champs. Game in its entirety and a separate disc of a recap of the championship year? Do they even do that in soccer ? Probably in Europe. But I would cop in an instant if they release it here.

Two and a half more weeks to the World Cup! I thought the day will never come.

You have to expect that internationally, people will always be fans of winning teams.

Also think of it this way, people will be fans of icons, then teams. Ronaldo is an international icon, with a huge media presence, who ends up on ESPN's play of the week. Thus, American's will naturally gravitate to RM, cause it's a starting point from what they have seen.

You can't expect them to suddenly start following Valladolid.

Great points and I agree with most of them. Playing for Madrid is as glamorous as playing for the Lakers - it has that type of aura. Weather, media, women, fans. Breaking Real records is indeed a hell of an accomplishment and I'm sure a goal of his (to become the best Real player ever). I doubt he leaves also - but Ronaldo loves challenges. You never know with him.

But let's say he goes to PSG and wins the CL with them. That'd be hugeee. Not the league so much but giving them there first CL trophy. He'd be a legend there. Going back to United, or Playing in Italy (which has dropped off the planet), or playing for Bayern would never happen. PSG would be the only logical destination.

I doubt it tho, although I'd love to see it.
I don't think Ronaldo has done anything unexpected in his career to label him as a guy you never know with, he actually took the most conventional and kind of predictable route that was available to him 
laugh.gif

And you're right, he can become a legend for PSG, but even I'm laughing as I think of the idea of a PSG legend. Players that care about spending the prime of their career to become a legend at a 2nd/3rd tier club like PSG are the ones that aren't good/high profile enough to be legends in elite historic clubs. He can spend his 30s worrying about adding that icing to his career while lining his pockets even more. And by then maybe PSG will have a few deeper CL runs and show him something more on the pitch to attract him.

Wow, what the hell happened?  Don't know if anyone remembers this, but was that troll the same guy that made some football-thread in General, then proceeded to troll his way through the reasons why football was such an inferior sport compared to other American sports?  Ironically, his screen-name was Portuguese/Brazilian or something.  

:lol: we got a lot of Real Madrid fans out here that can only name Ronaldo on the team. It comes with the territory I guess

Wow, what the hell happened?  Don't know if anyone remembers this, but was that troll the same guy that made some football-thread in General, then proceeded to troll his way through the reasons why football was such an inferior sport compared to other American sports?  Ironically, his screen-name was Portuguese/Brazilian or something.  
really?

The way this guy typed reminded me of jada's condescending behavior.

Last edited:

really?

The way this guy typed reminded me of jada's condescending behavior.
Haha, that guy was worse than Jada, I think... 

Anyway, here's the thread I was talking about... obvious troll, but probably not the same guy.

http://niketalk.com/t/294808/why-is...ost-watched-spectator-sport-in-the-world/0_50

Anyone looking for an hd stream of the game. Footy lite app has the itv English one.

Btw-- to my Portuguese members why does everyone prefer sagres.. Super bock is way better IMO ?

Last edited:
Some random thoughts and comments not necessarily about the game but just soccer in general.

Where the hell these all Real Madrid fans come from? The usual bar I frequent week in and week out was packed with real fans today. I've never seen any of them there before. Not for a normal la liga game or for a clasico. During clasicos, I'm out numbered vs barca fans. Kinda annoys me where all these Real Madrid fans comes out of the woodwork sporting the jersey yet has no idea what's going on with the team and talks about wait til Neymar gets subbed in. :stoneface: I know it's a great thing that soccer is growing in America and being a fan has to start at some point but c'mon people, don't open your mouth unless you know what exactly you're talking about. And as soon as the final whistle blew, bar cleared out. I'm like you guys were packed in here, celebrating like crazy when Ramos scored but you're not staying for the trophy presentation? Sorry, just had to get that off my chest and I figured you guys will understand and can relate.

Yesterday I learned that every white girl in this city has a CR7 jersey hidden in their closet. :lol:

I think my local had more people pulling for Atleti. I figure it was mostly guys just pulling for the underdog for the day, but I'm sure some were recent transplants from the Dortmund bandwagon. By this time next year, they might be on the Roma (?) bandwagon. Or Liverpool maybe...

Does anybody know of there's going to be a DVD/blu-Ray release of the game, commemorating year for real? Kind of what they do with the nba/mlb/nba champs. Game in its entirety and a separate disc of a recap of the championship year? Do they even do that in soccer ? Probably in Europe. But I would cop in an instant if they release it here.

Almost certainly the club shop/website will sell it, probably be on pre-order within the next few days ...virtually every club do an end of season/review DVD.

Anyone looking for an hd stream of the game. Footy lite app has the itv English one.

Btw-- to my Portuguese members why does everyone prefer sagres.. Super bock is way better IMO ?

Can the Footylite app be used on a laptop?

As for the beer situation, I like Superbock more too. Not to mention its from the North/Porto. Sagres is from the south and you just said you were in Faro so I'd assume those folks would be drinking Sagres. Most Portchops I know prefer Super Bock too.

Honestly tho, I'd drink a German/Dutch/English beer before any Portuguese one tho :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom