The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

There's racism in every league, but I've NEVER seen large sections of fans of top teams making monkey chants towards black players, calling players "Portuguese b____ / piece of @#$%", etc in the EPL. Something like that would create huge headlines at the very least; meanwhile in the LFP and Serie A, they get "looked into" and forgotten 99.9% of the time. That Sevilla fan that got arrested for throwing the banana was one of the very few times I've seen any action being taken.

You're trying to pass it off specific to 2 leagues but it's prevelant all over Europe, including England...

Last edited:
FREE AGENT: LAMPARD TO LEAVE CHELSEA (Chelsea FC)

View media item 1004679

LAMPARD TO LEAVE CHELSEA

Posted on: Mon 02 Jun 2014
‎Frank Lampard's momentous career as a Chelsea player will end when his contract expires at the end of this month.

Lampard has not yet announced his destination but all at Chelsea Football Club wish him every success for the future. He leaves with our enormous gratitude for the major part he played over 13 years packed with unforgettable victories, trophies lifted and records set....

Read the rest here.

:smh:

Pele's son gets 33-year sentence
POSTED BY ESPN STAFF

The son of former Brazil striker Pele has been sentenced to 33 years in prison for laundering money related to drug trafficking, according to Reuters.

Edinho, whose real name is Edson Cholbi do Nascimento, is expected to appeal the judge's decision but must hand over his passport to the authorities. He may be held while a higher court considers his appeal, the report said.

Edinho, 43, was a goalkeeper for his father's former club Santos, where he currently works as a goalkeeping coach. He served a jail sentence for drug trafficking between 2005 and 2006. At the time, he admitted to being a drug addict but denied trafficking charges, the report said.

http://www.espnfc.us/brazil/story/1858137/peles-son-gets-33-year-prison-sentence

SIGNING: Ciro Immobile has signed with Borussia Dortmundon a 5-Year Contract. (BVB)

hi-res-b2d849c1fb4b828c4a27e15518e6f698_crop_north.jpg

That Madrid kit is extra pink.

Saw that Spain had to switch training locations in DC. Were set to stay at some college but found the fields unsuitable. Now they're at RFK.
Xavi gonna get bit by a raccoon and miss the WC with rabies. :lol:

Adidas kits have been garbage for awhile now. And their boots.

It's more of a story when Adidas makes something that isn't hideous

That's a doggone shame... Why was he even playing against a third level team (I think it was a third level)?

Those pink/purple kits are god awful :x

Don't dare call that purple lol

If it was really purple it'd look great. That's as pink as Barbie. I don't think the fans will accept that mess. They're going to have a black 3rd kit tho, so they can wear that whenever I suppose.

With Falcao, I had Columbia as a possible contender. Without, meh... They'll put up a good fight every game though... Damn, that's a shame.

Last edited:
^^^ It might just be me, but every time Bale scores a goal, it seems like he always B-lines right for Ronaldo during the celebration. Like this dude is one opportunity away from slobbing on Ronnie's knob.

Lol.
There's racism in every league, but I've NEVER seen large sections of fans of top teams making monkey chants towards black players, calling players "Portuguese b____ / piece of @#$%", etc in the EPL. Something like that would create huge headlines at the very least; meanwhile in the LFP and Serie A, they get "looked into" and forgotten 99.9% of the time. That Sevilla fan that got arrested for throwing the banana was one of the very few times I've seen any action being taken.

U kno what? I go to Barcelona every summer and to be honest, the Spaniards are the nicest ppl I've ever met, and I've been to many places around the world even worked abroad.. But when it comes to futbol..they are ruthless

Lol.
U kno what? I go to Barcelona every summer and to be honest, the Spaniards are the nicest ppl I've ever met, and I've been to many places around the world even worked abroad.. But when it comes to futbol..they are ruthless

Yea I know what you mean. I've visited Catalunya a lot since I have family that lives there. Compared to most Spanish fans, Catalans are the friendliest and most accepting. But man, once Ronaldo and Mourinho came to Spain :smh: :smh::smh: Spanish fans all over have been saying racist @#$% about Portuguese because of TWO @#$@$@ people :smh: :lol: Violent thugs, criminals, homosexuals, hair gel abusers, etc

I didn't even like Ronaldo back in the day, but I started supporting him when basically an entire stadium was chanting"F_____t" and "Portuguese @#$@$" in Spanish for the whole match

Again, I'm not saying there isn't racism in countries outside of Spain and Italy. My disappointment with them is more of how little they do to discourage it in football matches. What happened to Atletico Madrid when they had a whole section of fans making monkey chants just a few weeks ago? Nothing

Last edited:
Yea I know what you mean. I've visited Catalunya a lot since I have family that lives there. Compared to most Spanish fans, Catalans are the friendliest and most accepting. But man, once Ronaldo and Mourinho came to Spain :smh: :smh::smh: Spanish fans all over have been saying racist @#$% about Portuguese because of TWO @#$@$@ people :smh: :lol: Violent thugs, criminals, homosexuals, hair gel abusers, etc

I didn't even like Ronaldo back in the day, but I started supporting him when basically an entire stadium was chanting"F_____t" and "Portuguese @#$@$" in Spanish for the whole match

Again, I'm not saying there isn't racism in countries outside of Spain and Italy. My disappointment with them is more of how little they do to discourage it in football matches. What happened to Atletico Madrid when they had a whole section of fans making monkey chants just a few weeks ago? Nothing

I'm jealous u have family there..I'd stay there for months at a time lol..(favorite place in the world)

At first I didn't like Ronaldo..but then realized he's actually a fierce competitor..and doesn't freak out on his players when they mess up..and his skills are top notch..I prefer watching Madrid over Barca because they hav a nice mix of talent

Racism is everywhere in Europe, but much more prevalent in Spain and Italy..Spain being the worst

Madrid is one of the worst places to play..do u remember earlier in the yr when Ronaldo was hit in the head by a lighter at Vicente Calderon? I feel bad for any opposing teams at any of those stadiums

Yea man Barcelona is heaven for visitors. My relatives there live in Molins de Rei, basically the suburbs. Spent a month or so there almost every summer until I went to college Unfortunately for me, i've only gone there with my parents, and my cousins are either extra young or super old, so I didn't get to do much.And for the people that live there though, it's rough. High living costs+no jobs/very low pay even with years of experience=all bad.my cousins are engineers that would make more being Spanish teachers here I'm the States :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom