The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Last 10 years of winners of the Prem

04-05 - Chelsea
05-06 - Chelsea
06-07 - United
07-08 - United
08-09 - United
09-10 - Chelsea
10-11 - United
11-12 - City
12-13 - United
13-12 - City

More competitive? Not really. More financially stable absolutely...

The Prem is the most competitive league in Europe other than Russia maybe. Spain is a 3 team league and two of those teams play boring *** soccer. Thats the truth.

Actually la liga is very competitive with a ton of great players/matches/upsets...of course they are going to focus on certain teams

Valencia/Sevilla for example..they don't win all of the time but super fun to watch

I don't get people using Barca and Spain's superiority to undermine La Liga.

And people always make up that out of the top 2 in Spain there's a huge drop off compared to the prem. Spanish teams are always making deep runs in the Europa League.

And there aren't any cups for mid table teams, but I'm sure if they were the teams in Spain would fare very well in there as well.

Last edited:
No. It's really not.

Kroos plays in the pivot all the time for Bayern and looks great there. And Weidenfeller is very underrated as a keeper. Just as good as Neuer
Stop it. Jaime Lannister is not a better keeper than Neuer on any surface. Earth, King's Landing, or anywhere else.

Villa... 
nerd.gif

If Barca are indeed the team Aguero wants to go to, it's to play alongside his best friend (while playing for a chance to win trophies while making some $$$). Who wouldn't want that. It also wouldn't necessarily to be second fiddle, it would be working in tandem with La Pulga.

Plus, it's home to the best football in the world (in La Liga) mathematically proven by the UEFA coefficiency. When the latest figures come out, La Liga will have an even wider margin.

Given what the pundits are saying, the points gap between La Liga & that prehistoric league will be the largest points gap since the coefficiency's inception. :smokin

The only reason to go to the Prem for any footballer is $$$. If you want to play good football, stay away.
The Prem is the most competitive league in Europe other than Russia maybe. Spain is a 3 team league and two of those teams play boring *** soccer. Thats the truth.

I'm a fan of both leagues, but let's not pretend like watching the ball get crossed 12,345,678,900,986,542 times in a Prem game without a shot on target is exciting.

Both leagues have their pros and cons and both are appreciated in different ways.

With that being said, La Liga >>>>*

:lol:

I'm a fan of both leagues, but let's not pretend like watching the ball get crossed 12,345,678,900,986,542 times in a Prem game without a shot on target is exciting.

Both leagues have their pros and cons and both are appreciated in different ways.

With that being said, La Liga >>>>*

:lol:

Good point. I am known to bash on the EPL but there are some quality games in the EPL and watching on the ground soccer between two bad La Liga teams isnt fun either.

City are not letting go of Aguero. Also him playing winger at Barca :rolleyes

I don't think that's what Barca need tho. They need defense man and some physicality up front.

Is Cesc pretty much done at Barca now?

I agree. As a Gaucho I like Aguero but we need a big striker...a true number 9 for physical games and when teams are playing us with 10 in the box.

Last edited:
watching Barcelona pass back and forth at midfield can also get pretty boring

The last 2 years? Yes, to the average footy fan it could look boring especially this year. The play this campaign was very lack luster to say the least.

Barca's brand of tiki taka under Pep or for Spain when Aragones was manager (& also when del Bosque first took over), couldn't be beat so to speak. It was beautiful football.

The aggressive nature in which players ran to create triangles when passing is amazing to watch. The constant movement combined with great technical ability & intelligence... :smokin

Gotta hand it to Dortmund. They do shrewd business. They lose Lewandowski & sign Serie A's top goal scorer Ciro Immobile from Torino to replace him. The 24 year old should do well playing for Klopp...

Are other clubs paying attention to teams like Dortmund & Atletico?!?!? This is how you run a football club on limited funds...

Last edited:
^^^ It might just be me, but every time Bale scores a goal, it seems like he always B-lines right for Ronaldo during the celebration. Like this dude is one opportunity away from slobbing on Ronnie's knob.

The last 2 years? Yes, to the average footy fan it could look boring especially this year. The play this campaign was very lack luster to say the least.

Barca's brand of tiki taka under Pep or for Spain when Aragones was manager (& also when del Bosque first took over), couldn't be beat so to speak. It was beautiful football.

The aggressive nature in which players ran to create triangles when passing is amazing to watch. The constant movement combined with great technical ability & intelligence... :smokin

Gotta hand it to Dortmund. They do shrewd business. They lose Lewandowski & sign Serie A's top goal scorer Ciro Immobile from Torino to replace him. The 24 year old should do well playing for Klopp...

Are other clubs paying attention to teams like Dortmund & Atletico?!?!? This is how you run a football club on limited funds...

Except alt madrid is one of the worst examples of how to run a club.. Their financial foundation is a joke

The debt yes (along with the most of La Liga if not all), but their sporting dept working together with Cholo has produced a quality side that has played exceptionally well domestically & in Euro comp the last 3 years. They're being forced to sell top players at an tidy profit & buy very carefully. It's a shame the debt had to drive that kind of efficiency but regardless, it's been amazing to watch Atleti... I get/understand your point though...

Prior to going to Real Madrid..bale said the best futbol is spanish futbol

It is, but it's also one of the most racist and corrupt leagues in top football countries. I hope all La Liga (and Serie A) teams never win anything again until they start cracking down on this BS instead of fining clubs $2000 and pretending that it's enough.

EPL has its share of issues but they would never let that @#$% slide

Last edited:
The racism in the Prem is bad too, not as on public as in other leagues like the ones you mentioned.

The British Kick It Out group tried to get the footballers in the Prem to take a survey & only 200 choose to respond. 24% of them said they'd been subject to racist abuse & 57% said they have witnessed racist abuse.

More could be done but KIO officials have stated the FA really doesn't do much to partner with them & KIO struggles for resources to roll out the initiatives it would like to take.

It makes one sick to think NBA Commissioner Adam Silver acted so swiftly & these Euro leagues just drag their feet...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom