The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Quaresma with a brilliant header in his second game back :wow:

Poor GK got okey-doked :lol:

Last edited:
Quaresema with a late career revival???
I really really hope so. I've been tracking him since he left and it's been all downhill, so disappointing. He had flashes of his old self at Besiktas, but that didn't last. Nice to see him back at the Dragão, I'm expecting great things! 

Nice to see Kun Aguero back on the pitch after the injury. First touch got him another goal today as City wins in the FA Cup.

And I'm glad K. Honda is on a more visible team. Always been a fan of his.

@samuelj29060 Sky Italia say Xavi has agreed to play for NYRB after World Cup. BILD say Gündoğan wanted by Barca to replace Xavi. In talks
@samuelj29060 Spurs block Holtby's move to Schalke to stop Arsenal from signing Draxler. Release clause only active in summer: http://bit.ly/1j82c3q
Sky Italia: Spurs have rejected Napoli's £7.5m bid for Capoue but a deal is expected to be reached this month: http://bit.ly/1eE6Qki
@UEFAcom We examine the success behind @gnkdinamo's world-famous academy - http://uefa.to/1gKN08D

Stefan Johansen signs for Celtic
Bruma tore his ACL in his right knee. Needs surgery and will be out for 3-4 months
According to Sky, Chadli is seeking a move away from the Spurs
Ntep has been linked with Arsenal but a bid was recently received from Rennes
Kate Abdo, the new Sky Sports News Presenter.
BeCvdd1CMAEd3r7.jpg

Ryo could move permanently in January
Arsenal are open to the possibility of Ryo Miyaichi leaving the club on a permanent basis.
The Japanese winger has made 5 appearances this season, the last in the Capital One Cup defeat to Chelsea in October. While a loan move for this month has long been mooted, clubs across Europe have been made aware of his availability on a full transfer.
Miyaichi signed from his Japanese high school after impressing during a trial and signed a professional contract in January 2011.
He enjoyed a successful loan spell at Feyenoord in 2011, scoring three times for the Eredivisie outfit, and had a spell at Bolton, but last season struggled at Wigan due to injury making just 7 appearances for the Latics.
Arsenal’s willingness to let him go is down to increased competition in the wide areas where’s he’s competing with Walcott, Gnabry, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Podolski and Cazorla, and lack of playing time has arrested his development.

Carlos Mane, This is the winger that was in line to replace Bruma, thats why Sporting was okay with letting him go. In his first game scored a fantastic goal. He's "rated" higher than Bruma. Sporting are a Winger factory. :smh:

Last edited:
Ivan and Stan trying to get more interest in Arsenal Ladies after losing a couple big players to Chelsea I see.

Our newest signing Anouk Hoogendijk 28 y/o Holland international central defender...

article-2538555-1AAF0EFC00000578-596_634x387.jpg

anouk-hoogendijk-per-direct-naar-arsenal-570x268.png

article-0-1AA018A900000578-886_306x423.jpg

720fd6ed41bd8ded0d72c50063269194.jpeg

Will watch :smokin

Last edited:
Gundogan to Barca is an interesting rumor. That Xavi to Red Bulls rumor really has legs now huh? I love these transfer rumors.

Edit -

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1...er-xavi-hernandez-rules-new-york-move?cc=5901

Xavi Hernandez denies New York link

"...However, the Spain international told Mundo Deportivo that he has not spoken to anyone about moving to the Big Apple.

“Nobody has made me any proposition,” he said. “I know nothing else about New York apart from that it is very cold there. Henry has not called me, nor have I spoken with him. I do not have his telephone number...”

Another interesting rumor is if Valencia does get sold to billionaire Peter Lim, he will begin his rebuilding efforts to buy Falcao from Monaco.

The New Jersey Nets & Atlanta Hawks are in Londontown this week. KG is a Chelsea fan, particularly a Drogba/Ivory Coast fan. Here are some pics.

View media item 749315View media item 749312View media item 749313View media item 749314View media item 749316

Last edited:
There's some Poldolski and Jason Kidd pics if anyone wants to find them too

And a video

Last edited:
I know I'm mad late but congrats to Ronaldo, he def deserved it the most. :smile:

That FIFA team of the year is a joke, so they're gonna act like Alaba wasn't the best LB of 2013? Aight.

So this is the Wijnaldum kid Champ is always talking about :nerd:

Last edited:
Which Bruma? Portuguese Bruma?
mean.gif
If So.
yeah.  really wanted to see him in the world cup as a late sub.  we all know bento wasnt going to start him but i just wanted him to get some experience.  does that mean quaresma will be on the team now that bruma is hurt?     

yeah.  really wanted to see him in the world cup as a late sub.  we all know bento wasnt going to start him but i just wanted him to get some experience.  does that mean quaresma will be on the team now that bruma is hurt?     
Vamos ver.

If he gets back to full fitness he should be, he's out of shape tho, his timing was off on Sunday as well. But he has shown sparks in these two games. See of Fonseca plays him enough.

No surprise KG likes Chelsea, most of the black soccer fans I know are also Chelsea fans. I know having a significant black portion of the team was the reason I chose to root for Chelsea in the first place. Makalele, Anelka, Essien, Cole, Malouda, Mikel, and of course the man Didier. 

i know a lot of mexican united "fans" who only support because of chicha... so do black chelsea fans believe john terry isn't racist?

Last edited:
I can't talk about footy to any friends, they don't like it at all. forever alone to me. but since my location the few mexican friends I have go for Chivas or America, I'm Santos Laguna. just like Beans they would like ManU just for Chica, my dad told me of the initial "our people will only like Arsenal cuz of Vela" but that died away and most won't know that Vela isn't even there anymore. There was one black friend who just started watching about a few years ago and Ta-Da! his team is ManCity. I don't hate but we know those type of people

I had one friend who was actually a real footy fan then he went away to military, comes back claims he still loves ManU going on saying "yeah Rooney and Ronaldo..." I stop to tell them that CR left for Madrid and quickley says "oh F that I'm a Madrid fan then" CR fan I suppose
laugh.gif

talking to some family friends and their kids about their favorite teams and whole families support Barca which always reminds me of a quote that Drogba said "Barcalona fans are for those who just discovered football last week or are kids who want the best with no knowledge of the game"

^
Drogba is an indiot then. Barca is an old team that has way more history than 90% of teams out there.

Anyway it is fine to root for a specific player's team. If Barca had never had an argentine than why would i root for them? I am not catlan. Right now Mascherano and Messi keep dedicated to the team. The nationality/race bond is big. Black people should root for a black team like Chelsea there is no problem with that. I am a huge Galaxy fan cuz Ruiz and Ramirez (guatemalans) helped them get their first two titles and Machon was on their first squad. However you can bet i will also root for another MLS team if they have a guatemalan or argentine on board.

Its like college sports. You aint gonna be passionate for a school you never went to. You can like teams with no connection but the dedication to a team you have a connection with is way stronger.

My mexican and asian friends like man u right now for obvious reason. My african friends like chelsea and arsenal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom