The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

The media is what it is. They push whatever agenda will sell papers. Footy fans know what's up. Being a long time Barca fan, I enjoy great footy & great players despite whatever team they play on. I love watching Ronnie play. Always respected the work ethic he had to build himself & his game into what it is. These young cats today (like Balo & English players) don't have what it takes to become world beating players...

The media is what it is. They push whatever agenda will sell papers. Footy fans know what's up. Being a long time Barca fan, I enjoy great footy & great players despite whatever team they play on. I love watching Ronnie play. Always respected the work ethic he had to build himself & his game into what it is. These young cats today (like Balo & English players) don't have what it takes to become world beating players...
Last thing about Ronaldo. What I admire about him is the desire to be best at any cost. That dedication and desire translates from football across any sphere of life.

How's Lil' PSK, BTW.

Thanks for asking Champ...

Lil psk is doing great. Been on the honor roll both semesters so far this year & really doing well footy wise. He tried out for a really competitive team & got on it.

We played in a tournament this weekend & had this guest player that's 10 who plays for a U12 elite team his father coaches. The father came up to me twice during the first game & excitedly told me, "Man, your son shuts his side of the field down so nobody does anything & he can pass really well!!!"

I always think my son plays well but my wife & I thought we might've just been vain parents but he get's complimented all the time. The prior week we beat this club whose coaches were Jamaican & they marched across the field after the customary handshakes to say how well they thought he played.

I'm excited about him developing on the new team. We went & worked on some drills yesterday to work on his left foot & shooting with his left foot. I think he's getting it. The secret is in the plant foot & getting level with the ball & having it point to wherever it is you want the ball to go...

I was showing him some Ronnie highlights this past weekend showing him how well he gets his feet set & the compact way he runs... We watched some Puyol vids again too to show what it means to be relentless & attacking the ball at all times...

My wife & I are very lucky. He's really a great kid. We couldn't have wished for a better kid...

Here's the latest pic.

View media item 992591

Last edited:
PSK: Thanks for the update. You're a good father, man.

I lived vicariously through my younger brothers' high school soccer careers. Every game, every tournament, every summer practice. I would trade nothing for those memories.

It is funny reading through this thread from the weekend.  All the ATL gonna win it...just isn't our year....RAMOOSSSSS!!! :lol:

So happy for Real to win it.  Di Maria was the best player out there.  His control at top speed is honestly insane.  I thought the subs for Real were extremely intelligent.  Marcelo really made a difference out there even before he scored.  Isco i thought was mediocre.
I agree with carvajal (sp?) having a tough game but he is young and at least he worked extremely hard all game.  His skill and decision making can develop but its hard to teach that kind of effort.  And speaking of effort....Madric as always....his work rate is crazy.  Xabi Alonso def would have helped him in there but he played outstanding.

Bale's goal was impressive too.  He was literally outside of the goal...the ball had to have some serious spin given it was a shot deflected off the keepers leg...and he still managed to fit it in near post.  I wouldn't have been surprised had he missed it wide.  Marcelo's goal was great...he got the ball no one stepped to him and he was just like ok guess im gonna go at goal and struck the ball very well.  CR gonna CR :nthat:

Di Maria was certainly the best player on the field, not getting enough love. Also Ramos' goal was the most impressive of the 4. So amazing

I lived vicariously through my younger brothers' high school soccer careers. Every game, every tournament, every summer practice. I would trade nothing for those memories.

What about you? You didn't post in here or the grub thread for a min... I was thinking some Brazilian or Portuguese girl had you hemmed up for a minute... :lol:

Nice updates eiddy!!!!

Last edited:
Working two jobs, 6-7 days a week. When I'm ready to start a family, I want to be fully prepared financially and emotionally.

Funny you mention, seeing an older Portuguese woman. Met at a charity poker event. Young spirit, fun, and plays no games. Can't speak on long-term future but I'm enjoying the time being.

Chelsea needs to find a striker more than anything...

Man, I hope Juve doesn't sell him or King Arturo... It would be a shame to see that team lose talent. Word to @EyeSeeSoles! :lol:

Hope things work out Champ...

Last edited:
what are the chances Chelsea can grab Pogba?

PSG will come along, and do what they do....

175821.gif

Last edited:
That's what I was thinking but then Al-Khelaifi went & bought Luiz for the price he did... Not sure if they're going to spend for Pogba because that'll be a big middle finger to Platini & the UEFA FFP...

So Costa is not enough?

If the deal gets done sure, but I would think the next on the list would be another centre back, a younger one.

If Chelsea goes for Pogba, I would think they'd off load some of their existing MFers...

Last edited:
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/charles-b...ter-attacked-12-guards-093549295.html#afRCash

Charles Bronson, Britain's most notorious prisoner, greased himself with butter and attacked 12 prison officers after Arsenal won the FA Cup final, according to reports.

Bronson, 61,who supports Arsenal's arch rivals Tottenham Hotspur, described how he "lost it" after Arsene Wenger's team beat Hull City 3-2 in the cup final.

Bronson, dubbed the most violent inmate in Britain, is said to have spread butter on himself in order to be more difficult to restrain before attacking the guards. The incident at Full Sutton jail in York was said to have left Bronson with some broken ribs.

charles-bronson-20140527-114003-809.jpg

Chelsea needs to find a striker more than anything...

Man, I hope Juve doesn't sell him or King Arturo... It would be a shame to see that team lose talent. Word to @EyeSeeSoles!
laugh.gif

Hope things work out Champ...
So Costa is not enough?
What does a striker have to do with reinforcing our midfield? 

We need somebody to play alongside Matic just as much as we need a striker. 

Modric, Kroos, Vidal, Pogba, or Javi Martinez would be ideal. 

What about you? You didn't post in here or the grub thread for a min... I was thinking some Brazilian or Portuguese girl had you hemmed up for a minute... :lol:

Nice updates eiddy!!!!

Just trying to keep this place up to date.

NEWS: Manchester United executive vice chairman Ed Woodward has been appointed chairman of the European Club Association marketing & communications working group. (Manchester United FC)

04169D4E0AF74DC79314AE5E583967F6.ashx

Those Bebe goals this season were amazing. Good for him.

Hope he makes it to a good club and is given another shot.

I can say this, right now - Bebe > Nani. Thank you Paulo Bento for ****** things up.

Those Bebe goals this season were amazing. Good for him.

Hope he makes it to a good club and is given another shot.

I can say this, right now - Bebe > Nani. Thank you Paulo Bento for ****** things up.
Oh how United regrets failing to finalize Nani's sale to Zenit.

Back
Top Bottom