The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Until I got to college, I never met a single Latino that wasn't Mexican. When I think of the Spanish language I think of Mexico.

Until I got to college, I never met a single Latino that wasn't Mexican. When I think of the Spanish language I think of Mexico.

LOL
Did you ask them where they were from?

J.Lo who is puerto rican can play a mexican
Lou Diamond Phillips who is asian can play a mexican.
Antonio Banderas who is Spanish can play a Mexican.
William Defoe who is American can play a mexican.
Steven Segal who is american can play a mexican.

Last edited:
Only South American I ever met was this Venezuelan chick I went to HS with...she was avg then but she's smoking now...she got two kids but two different dudes so she's [emoji]128686[/emoji]

I know that has nothing to do with this topic :lol:

Dont want to make this a Latin america studies course but

1. My understanding is that Mexican only claim Azteca. I understand they had olmec and Mayan too but they dont claim that as their history. Mayan capitals and centers of culture are in Guatemala and Honduras. Further reading
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_civilization
2. Every country in latin america was raided for Gold or Silver or Oil. Dont no one hate Mexico cuz of that.

3. Dude Mexico aint performing. Overall their GDP is large like a country their size should be but aint nobody hating on their GDP per capita or growth. You know China and the US are just using them for their lax regulations.

4. Latinos in the US hate on Mexicos media and soccer coverage but other than that why hate...its all love.
Mexicans think people hate them cuz they are narcissistic I guess. Mexican be acting like Ronaldo fan boys...dont no one hate Ronaldo...they hate the narcissism

1. Regardless of what the Mexican government created as the mexican identity, maya and olmec and all the other groups pre-colonialism are part of mexican history( i learned about aztec and mayan history in mexican history, in mexico). Southern mexican's won't claim aztec heritage, it makes no sense when chichen itza is right in yucatan(yucatan being a power player with a stable economy within mexico, which seceded from the country 2 times). The Mexican government pushed the indiginous identity post mexican revolution in order to bring mexico together. Mexico has many different cultures and traditions in each state thus creating an identity crisis to bring all together as one peoples, this is where the aztec and tapatio culture come in to play. Not only that, but it makes sense to push the aztec heritage as the aztecs founded modern day mexico city, the most important city of commerce in mexico(also during spanish ruling).
Also, the maya empire when devided between mexico, belize and guatemala is about the same size. It's not like it barely borders mexico.
View media item 1000468

2. The point I was tying to get accross with that stuff wasn't that other countries didn't get the short end of the stick during the spanish ruling, but that those are part of mexican history that influences the north(this is where i went wrong, it has nothing to do witht he south, albeit some with central as it was part of mexico for a short period during the de Iturbide ruling (which was like 2 years or less, i think).

3. Mexico is performing, but at a very slow pace and yet Mexico's economy is the second largest in latin america, m8. The last 5 years show little growth, but still surpassing the rest economically (except for brazil). I can't pull up the model, but the IMF had a model of mexico surpassing Italy in GDP by 2017, by the looks of it, mexico is moving there, slowly...

4. That personal m8, its no my fault Mexico and mexicans are the biggest market outside of whites to target in the states. I already addressed this point too.
Mexicans are proud people, but you could say that about anybody else, not that it's a good thing.

Ronaldo doens't come off as overly narcissistic to me, he does a lot of charity and seems like a swell guy who cares for his fans and stuff of the sort. One could argue messi carries a holier than thou aura, but the guy does a lot for his fans and stuff too, so it's a perception thing. I suppose being good looking and being praised by everyone for being good looking and good at what you do for a living can be a bad thing, for some.

Also, Mexican's aren't the only ones with a narcissistic aura in latin america m8.

Last edited:
Only South American I ever met was this Venezuelan chick I went to HS with...she was avg then but she's smoking now...she got two kids but two different dudes so she's [emoji]128686[/emoji]

I know that has nothing to do with this topic :lol:
I think Venezuela is ranked as number 1 for the most beauty pageant wins m8.

LOL
Did you ask them where they were from?

Nah I knew they were Mexican. My high school was like 70% Mexican and my neighborhood is full of Mexicans.

I met a girl in one of my classes who spoke only Spanish so I tried to use some of my Spanish on her. She understood me, but I had no idea what she was saying :lol: she put this inflection in her Spanish that completely threw me off. Turned out she was from Argentina

Nah I knew they were Mexican. My high school was like 70% Mexican and my neighborhood is full of Mexicans.

I met a girl in one of my classes who spoke only Spanish so I tried to use some of my Spanish on her. She understood me, but I had no idea what she was saying :lol: she put this inflection in her Spanish that completely threw me off. Turned out she was from Argentina
careful m8, confusing nationalities can harm relationships lol

speaking of the devil

http://www.goal.com/en-ca/news/4197...xico-and-jamaica-invited-to-2015-copa-america

I know that has nothing to do with this topic
laugh.gif
I think Venezuela is ranked as number 1 for the most beauty pageant wins m8.
To them beauty pageants are like their only known export that they produce well. its not like honey boo-boo or Toddlers and Tiaras, its a big step up. training them like spartans real young to be the Miss Universe contestants with surgery and making them smart enough to answer any question given to them. crazy work ethic to get there. and they deserve it. beautiful women and it goes to show that the most winners ever were latinas
devil.gif
. Most ever is still USA

So Diego Costa (injured) and Torres (recent form) get chosen to the Spanish NT over Negredo/Llorente/Callejon/Soldado/Arduriz (sp?) ? Smh.

Carvajal left off as well.

Doubt they repeat at this point.

So Diego Costa (injured) and Torres (recent form) get chosen to the Spanish NT over Negredo/Llorente/Callejon/Soldado/Arduriz (sp?) ? Smh.

Carvajal left off as well.

Doubt they repeat at this point.

:lol: @ any of those players making a difference in Spain repeating

Negredo hasn't scored in 5 months. Of course he didn't make it

None of them would have even played if they did make it. So whether Spain does or doesn't repeat will have nothing to do with their inclusion.

Ibis u like to troll for the sake of trolling son.

I'd take ANY of those names over Torres right now. Stop slurping ur Chelski player. He couldn't score in a whorehouse right now breh.

Spain repeating has mountains to do with them SCORING, esp since that MF is aging.

Guess Villa will have to shoulder the scoring load? Lol. Riiiiggghhhhhhttttt...

That spain midfield is incredible and they left off tons of other great players haha

That Spain midfield is nice but they are also slow as dirt. Would have brought Jesus Navas to the WC just for his change of pace alone. They don't need Mata, he brings those bad Man U vibes to the party. :lol:

Cazorla tho :pimp:

That's funny because I'm the complete opposite. Growing up I knew Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Cubans, Colombians. Never had a Mexican friend. Then when I went off to college in Florida it was more Cubans in the area but also the international students I became friends with - not one Mexican.

America.

Know its a friendly but Portugal is playing well with the reserves.

Defensively they're going to be a rock in the World Cup. Of course we're going to have a difficult time scoring but that's obvious.

Know its a friendly but Portugal is playing well with the reserves.

Defensively they're going to be a rock in the World Cup. Of course we're going to have a difficult time scoring but that's obvious.
Italian-style football. Not pretty, but effective.

Seems that both Villa and Lampard will both sign with NYCFC in the coming days. Villa was spotted at a Manchester hospital, likely for a medical....

Back
Top Bottom