The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

I'm interested in what happens to Shrek. He had regular run-ins with SAF. LvG is even more domineering than SAF & 3 times the ego/arrogance... Not sure how that's gonna go down...

L'Equipe, Eurosport, etc. all now reporting that Ribery is out and Cabella will be called in.

Bummed it wasn't Nasri... :\ :lol:

Griezmann gonna shine now...

Last edited:
I'm not worried about that meulensteen news.. i understand LVG wanting to use his own guys.. what worries me is the lack of activity on the transfer front.. you either get work done before WC (smartest) or after.. looks like another miserable summer

During the last WC...

quite a bit of business was actually done late into or after the WC...so it's not all doom and gloom yet.

View media item 1011442

Last edited:
you really comfortable giving Woodward such little time?

hFVXdIq.gif

The glass is always half full when discussing the future. Remember what people said about the U.S. and their chances right around the 2010-14 World Cups after the 2002 quarter finals exit?

A team with even higher expectations was Portugal in the 90s. They won two consecutive U-20 World Cups in 1989 and 1991 and were supposed to dominate, but they didn't even qualify for the 1994 and 1998 World Cups. 2002 was a disappointment as well. I'm not saying that those teams won't be good in the future. But it's stupid to think that players will be automatically better as they get older. Way more players than you'd think actually have their best period during their early 20s. 

Couldn't have said it better myself. You never ever know when it comes down to projecting youth players into the future.

Gooners, what do you think of the rumors on Wenger passing on the chance of bringing Cesc back to Arsenal?
That it's exactly that: a rumor. I would love to see him back but where would he play? I'm sure Wenger would figure it out but I just can't see it. We've got a stacked midfield as it is and I feel like Ozil will settle in next year like Giroud did in his second season. I don't see the need. Still would love to see him back though.

Espana and Brasil are given squads to do expected damage in the World Cup 2018 and 2022. Belgium's international experience worries me, perhaps too green. Not quite ready for the big stage, although we'll see in Brasil 2014. Belgium has the weakest group and no excuse to not advance over Korea and Russia.

Transfer rumor - Juve & Alexis Sanchez have agreed on a 5 year deal however the Turin club have not come to terms with Barca yet...
If I recall, Juve was right behind Barca and City as suitors when Alexis left Udinese.

L'Equipe, Eurosport, etc. all now reporting that Ribery is out and Cabella will be called in.

Bummed it wasn't Nasri... :\ :lol:

Griezmann gonna shine now...
Nasri's girl spoiled any chance of an immediate olive branch.

SIGNING: Milan have confirmed the signing of 31 year old Alex from PSG (AC Milan)
Another free transfer, right? Milan has been fortunate with Kaka and now Alex, while attempting to balance the books.

ALMOST WORLD CUP TIME. JOIN THE GROUP & FILL YOUR BRACKETS

View media item 983747

Link : http://games.espn.go.com/world-cup-...=NDIwMzQzMDY0A&ex_cid=invite-email-worldcupbp

Steps & Guide

- Sign into your ESPN.com account (if you don't have one - make one, it's fairly quick & easy)

- Join the group Niketalk.

- Password is Niketalk7.

Rules

- Must be done by the World Cup

- Only one bracket per person

- Have fun!!

Name your bracket to be the same as your NT username so we know who you are :wink:

*Will post again!

eiddyfouw eiddyfouw Kimchi Papi Kimchi Papi @B Fresco @BigJ @louislagerfeld @AZwildcats :nerd:

Last edited:
Anywhere I can get WC wallpapers for my phone/desktop, like those ones coupes cousin did?

^ Balo could be such a great footballer. At this point unless he makes some changes, you have to be a fool to take him on unless you only need a part time footballer. He always plays well for the Azzurri so some team will watch him play well during the WC & take the chance... I just wish he'd get his ish together because he's an absolute beast to watch when he's on.

Looks like The Deutsche Bank is considering buying a stake in Dortmund. The club has put together a plan to help them become a legit toe to toe competitor to Bayern & is looking for increase it's capitol to do so... Maybe Klopp new of some things behind the scenes that made him want to hang around... Hope this happens. It would be great for this club which has achieved a lot within the last 10 years or so...

Back
Top Bottom