The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

You're trying to brag about US being better than Tahiti or some team from Oceania. No one gives a damn b. It's like bragging you can run faster than a person in a wheel chair. Sit down fam and reevaluate your thought process
OK, then you're clearly illiterate, because that's EXACTLY what I was saying in the post you told me to go "Sit down" for

Last edited:
You're trying to brag about US being better than Tahiti or some team from Oceania. No one gives a damn b. It's like bragging you can run faster than a person in a wheel chair. Sit down fam and reevaluate your thought process

who was bragging? You said you didn't know who was worse, Australia or the US, and I told you that the US was better than Australia and the rest of its conference

Always wondered who would suck more if they played each other. The US or Australia :rofl:

And by the way, Australia is NOT in Oceana, so I don't know why you keep bringing it up.

YOU need to know what you're talking about before you make ridiculous comments like that

Last edited:
I never said Australia was part of Oceania. They are in the AFC along with Japan, S. Korea etc. Hence why those three tend to qualify for the recent World cups because because their opposition is weak and not on a level playing field as the three in terms of resources
who was bragging? You said you didn't know who was worse, Australia or the US, and I told you that the US was better than Australia and the rest of its conference
And by the way, Australia is NOT in Oceana, so I don't know why you keep bringing it up.

YOU need to know what you're talking about before you make ridiculous comments like that

You can always tell the youngsters when they post. They're quick to try & establish themselves as knowledgeable while trying to establish an alpha male persona. There is debating & then there is arguing. These cats don't seem to understand that you don't have to be insulting & acidic while trying to debate a point. The sad thing is they don't even realize how acerbic & insulting they sound.

I've always liked NT because it is a different kind of message board & this thread in particular is stellar. Heck, I even miss Jada... But these new cats are for the birds... Make a point & even counter if you have to but stop talking down to people. You'll earn so much more respect than you would with the bombastic posts... :smh:

Psk, what adjustments would you make for the next game if you were VDB?

I'd definitely get Pique outta there & put Javi Martinez in his place. I can't figure out what people see in him. Now that the likes of Puyol & Abi are gone, you're really seeing Pique for what he really is.

The back line was also asked to play forward a little too aggressively too which left them extremely vulnerable whenever the Dutch countered. You would've though VdB would've made an adjustment but he didn't do anything & just let it ride.

I'd also look to reconfigure the midfield. I rewatched some of the game before I deleted it from my DVR & Xavi looked tired in the second half. Maybe Koke, Mata, or Cesc? Spain lost the battle in midfield not talking about possession because I think they ended with the higher possession rate but I didn't see the players moving aggressively to form the passing triangles that are so integral to tiki taka.

I didn't like how Costa was left on an island up front by himself too much either.

tiki-taka is outdated.

examples of this;

bayern losing out the champions league to RM

and

Spain getting DESTROYED today by Holland.

Get with the times or get BLOWN THE EFF OUT.

oh yea!

I just have to point out that it was Chelsea who initially destroyed the tiki taka 2 years ago when we knocked Barca out of the CL. Barca was considered the best team in the world until then. We provided the blueprint to take out Spain/Barca and tiki taka

The irony is that it was Torres who scored one of those goals against Barca In the CL that began their downfall. :lol:

Last edited:
No. That credit goes to Brazil in last year's confederations final. They exposed how average Spain is when you don't allow them to play that tiki taka crap with their short arses
I just have to point out that it was Chelsea who initially destroyed the tiki taka 2 years ago when we knocked Barca out of the CL. Barca was considered the best team in the world until then. We provided the blueprint to take out Spain/Barca and tiki taka

The irony is that it was Torres who scored one of those goals against Barca In the CL that began their downfall. :lol:

Last edited:

My favorite was watching Heynecks's Bayern DESTROY barça haha.

Ironic that Bayern would fall because it adapted the style of play they dominated haha Dortmund got next :pimp:

It's been a minute with the downfall of tiki-taka on the big stage.

They've been due for a proper humiliation like this.

Ya'll remember when Chivas from Mexico destroyed that tiki-taka nonsense?

lmao

England will become contenders when they stop putting too much faith in Rooney and bench him

England will become contenders the day they actually have a quality squad, and they stop letting their media put insane amounts of pressure on young players. Maybe, just maybe then, they'll have a shot....

Back
Top Bottom