The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Dear Arsene,

You do realize that you're competing for four different trophies, right?

You understand that your defense is already thin and are well aware of your team's proclivity for becoming injured, correct?

You understand that you could very easily be top of the table if not for dropped points as a result of late/soft goals, correct?

You do realize that Vermaelen isn't coming back anytime soon and that Sebastien "Danny Almonte" Squillaci is really 48 years old, right?

You understand that you couldn't keep a clean sheet against Ipswich, Leeds or @**#%%* HUDDERSFIELD TOWN, correct?

Yet you do nothing in the transfer window.

%++! you.

Sincerely,

The Fans.

P.S. Manchester says "Thnks!!1! LOL
wink.gif
"

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

The values of Premiership players are ridiculous. Darren Bent for 25m, Carroll for 35m, Torres for 50m. All are very good players but you can generally get non-Premiership players of similar ilk for much less money. I know that Darren Bent is a proven Premiership striker but you cant tell me that this guy is really worth more than a player like Suarez who has proven himself in European and International competitions, can play in multiple attacking roles and is just a more skilled player overall.

Torres is a great addition for Chelsea but 50m for him? A few years ago he was undoubtedly a top 3 CF in the world but he's since suffered injuries and might not even be a top 10 CF at the moment. Chelsea have some other needs and they could've used the funds to bring in 2-3 players instead of just using it all on one guy. Plus, I still think Chelsea lack midfield creativity and that wont change until they look to replace Lampard (which they're hesitant of doing anyways). Nonetheless, they added a very good striker who'll likely score a lot of goals for them. Chelsea also finally got David Luiz who they've been chasing for a while.

Andy Carroll is definitely worth the hype but I think Liverpool definitely bought him impulsively. By immediately spending a good chunk of the Torres money it seems like Liverpool have signaled their intentions of making a run at atleast another Europa League birth this season. Carroll's price is definitely inflated but his game is perfect for the Premiership and he's a nice complementary piece to Suarez.

It looks like Chelsea have money after all but one has to wonder how long they'll be able to keep this up. Despite winning the Premiership last season they still lost 114m pounds and today they spent over 70m on just two players
laugh.gif
I agree with most of what you said.  I think you're being a little optimistic about Torres at Chelsea.  But I really don't know if he will pan out for them or not.  I think Chelsea needs a creative midfielder I don't know if they think Ramirez will be that guy in the future or not.  But i think Liverpool made out quite well when you look at it as basically Torres for Suarez and Carroll.  I'd take Suarez and Carroll over Torres right now for sure.

I was a little surprised that Aguero was so willing to stay at Athletico as well.  Would have liked to see him land on a major English Club.
Lol at ramires and creativity in same sentence... hes the epitome of defensively sound... and certainly not the answer to our creativity woes

it comes down to the staples not playing to their capabilities... yes you lampard, malouda, etc. 

that being said theirs way too much talent and firepower up front for this team to flounder very long, hopefully ill get at least another season outta my didier jersey 
tired.gif

O and El Kun is too little for euro footy... hell be good but if he likes that superstar status he understands hes best served playing where he is

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

The values of Premiership players are ridiculous. Darren Bent for 25m, Carroll for 35m, Torres for 50m. All are very good players but you can generally get non-Premiership players of similar ilk for much less money. I know that Darren Bent is a proven Premiership striker but you cant tell me that this guy is really worth more than a player like Suarez who has proven himself in European and International competitions, can play in multiple attacking roles and is just a more skilled player overall.

Torres is a great addition for Chelsea but 50m for him? A few years ago he was undoubtedly a top 3 CF in the world but he's since suffered injuries and might not even be a top 10 CF at the moment. Chelsea have some other needs and they could've used the funds to bring in 2-3 players instead of just using it all on one guy. Plus, I still think Chelsea lack midfield creativity and that wont change until they look to replace Lampard (which they're hesitant of doing anyways). Nonetheless, they added a very good striker who'll likely score a lot of goals for them. Chelsea also finally got David Luiz who they've been chasing for a while.

Andy Carroll is definitely worth the hype but I think Liverpool definitely bought him impulsively. By immediately spending a good chunk of the Torres money it seems like Liverpool have signaled their intentions of making a run at atleast another Europa League birth this season. Carroll's price is definitely inflated but his game is perfect for the Premiership and he's a nice complementary piece to Suarez.

It looks like Chelsea have money after all but one has to wonder how long they'll be able to keep this up. Despite winning the Premiership last season they still lost 114m pounds and today they spent over 70m on just two players
laugh.gif
I agree with most of what you said.  I think you're being a little optimistic about Torres at Chelsea.  But I really don't know if he will pan out for them or not.  I think Chelsea needs a creative midfielder I don't know if they think Ramirez will be that guy in the future or not.  But i think Liverpool made out quite well when you look at it as basically Torres for Suarez and Carroll.  I'd take Suarez and Carroll over Torres right now for sure.

I was a little surprised that Aguero was so willing to stay at Athletico as well.  Would have liked to see him land on a major English Club.
Lol at ramires and creativity in same sentence... hes the epitome of defensively sound... and certainly not the answer to our creativity woes

it comes down to the staples not playing to their capabilities... yes you lampard, malouda, etc. 

that being said theirs way too much talent and firepower up front for this team to flounder very long, hopefully ill get at least another season outta my didier jersey 
tired.gif

O and El Kun is too little for euro footy... hell be good but if he likes that superstar status he understands hes best served playing where he is

The only good thing about the transfer window for Arsenal is that Mun Utd and Chelsea still have to play twice.

The only good thing about the transfer window for Arsenal is that Mun Utd and Chelsea still have to play twice.

Yeah, Ramires is not a creative midfielder at all. He's more of a work horse box-to-box midfielder.

The guy already has 20 European goals, helped Atletico win the Europa League last season and has scored a handful of CL goals. He can definitely cut it in Europe. His contract extension means nothing in the grand scheme of things. If the right offer comes along he will leave. The extension just puts more money in his pockets, increases his leverage when it comes time to negotiate a contract with a new club and it increases the value Atletico will command from other clubs.

Yeah, Ramires is not a creative midfielder at all. He's more of a work horse box-to-box midfielder.

The guy already has 20 European goals, helped Atletico win the Europa League last season and has scored a handful of CL goals. He can definitely cut it in Europe. His contract extension means nothing in the grand scheme of things. If the right offer comes along he will leave. The extension just puts more money in his pockets, increases his leverage when it comes time to negotiate a contract with a new club and it increases the value Atletico will command from other clubs.

[h2]
GrantWahl
[/h2]

1. Hearing reports that US government is cracking down on illegal soccer livestream sites like atdhe.net. Developing story.

30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif

[h2]
GrantWahl
[/h2]

1. Hearing reports that US government is cracking down on illegal soccer livestream sites like atdhe.net. Developing story.

30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif

Sunderland 2-2 Chelski while Toffees up 1-0 against the Gooners? What's going on?

Sunderland 2-2 Chelski while Toffees up 1-0 against the Gooners? What's going on?

makoun is a pretty good holding midfielder... W/o him villa would b down more than a cpl by now.. Great signing and nani is so damn unlucky
laugh.gif
every other game he gets snake bitten on sure fire goals. Balls always findin him

makoun is a pretty good holding midfielder... W/o him villa would b down more than a cpl by now.. Great signing and nani is so damn unlucky
laugh.gif
every other game he gets snake bitten on sure fire goals. Balls always findin him

Back
Top Bottom