The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

torresshirtburning20110131_576x324.jpg

laugh.gif
smh, I would have taken that shirt.

What I meant about Beckford is that a lot of mid tier Premiership teams saw him as an option being #1 striker on their teams, therefore he was hyped in that aspect. I know he's 26, he's a product of Chelsea's youth academy.

I think Torres' transfer was too expensive, and for the money spent Carroll or Suarez were better options. He will consistently score 15-20 goal each BPL season, but then again Anelka does that if you were to start him every game. I think Liverpool are the winners, their front line now looks vicious, Carroll and Suarez are both goal getters. Let's see how well Torres pairs up with Drogba this season (I think he will leave in the summer).

I hope i'm wrong.

What I meant about Beckford is that a lot of mid tier Premiership teams saw him as an option being #1 striker on their teams, therefore he was hyped in that aspect. I know he's 26, he's a product of Chelsea's youth academy.

I think Torres' transfer was too expensive, and for the money spent Carroll or Suarez were better options. He will consistently score 15-20 goal each BPL season, but then again Anelka does that if you were to start him every game. I think Liverpool are the winners, their front line now looks vicious, Carroll and Suarez are both goal getters. Let's see how well Torres pairs up with Drogba this season (I think he will leave in the summer).

I hope i'm wrong.

What is Chelsea thinking? Don''t they already have a pure center forward in Drogba?

Now reports are saying they lost some 70 million pounds last season, despite winning a couple titles. LOL

Can't wait until these new CL finance rules go into effect.

What is Chelsea thinking? Don''t they already have a pure center forward in Drogba?

Now reports are saying they lost some 70 million pounds last season, despite winning a couple titles. LOL

Can't wait until these new CL finance rules go into effect.

Originally Posted by d3simet

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NEW YORK -- ESPN has acquired U.S. broadcast rights to soccer's European Championship in 2012 and 2016 and will televise every game of both tournaments.[/font]

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/ne...dcast-rights-2012-2016-european-championships

They did a decent job at Euro 2008 and an amazing job at the World Cup.  Euro 08 was the first European Championship shown in America if I'm not mistaken.

Originally Posted by d3simet

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NEW YORK -- ESPN has acquired U.S. broadcast rights to soccer's European Championship in 2012 and 2016 and will televise every game of both tournaments.[/font]

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/ne...dcast-rights-2012-2016-european-championships

They did a decent job at Euro 2008 and an amazing job at the World Cup.  Euro 08 was the first European Championship shown in America if I'm not mistaken.

Back
Top Bottom