The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Originally Posted by GMA 11

we had a whole month to get a decent striker in
30t6p3b.gif

Tell me about it.  
mad.gif

Liverpool got the better end of the deal IMO. Suarez and Carrol together are pretty solid and Torres has sucked for a majority of the season

Liverpool got the better end of the deal IMO. Suarez and Carrol together are pretty solid and Torres has sucked for a majority of the season

Drogba will probably return to Marseille in the summer. I don't know if we will bring in another striker in the summer or if Torres is his replacement, and they want to pair them together to make one last run at the UCL before imploding the team's core.

Drogba will probably return to Marseille in the summer. I don't know if we will bring in another striker in the summer or if Torres is his replacement, and they want to pair them together to make one last run at the UCL before imploding the team's core.

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Hilarious deals.

Carroll is worth 10 million quid TOPS.

Tottenham trying to bring in Forlan and get denied by them and half of Spain
laugh.gif
. No one want to play for that weak +@# club.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Torres will get kicked and beat pretty hard Sunday, word to Whitney Houston.
So he's worth about what Walcott's worth?  What's he done exactly?

Every player right now seems over priced, but is Torres worth £20M more than him?  Facts are Carroll has a minimum of eight years left at his peak, and Torres has maybe five.  Liverpool basically sold Torres for Suarez and Carroll...easy choice if you ask me.  Torres is a nice player, but useless over the last season or so.  He was pants in the World Cup and Liverpool relied on him way too much last season and this.  It was better for both parties to go their separate ways.  Carroll, should he continue to develop, could be one of the best forwards in the world by the next world cup.  A lot of stuff hinges on it, but should Liverpool get back in to the Champions League, his development should take off nicely.  He's a rare breed nowadays, big, tall, good in the air, good with both feet, has a very capable outside shot and he's quick.  He's basically Torres during his Atleti days. 

I don't understand why Chelsea didn't buy cover in midfield.  The obvious answer is that there wasn't anyone available, but really, Drogba and Anelka just aren't getting good service.  The problem isn't scoring the goals, its creating them.  They have not one creative player in midfield, and their best guy in Lampard is full of injuries this season.  The good news for Chelsea is that Luiz will be able to settle in while all the attention is pointed to Torres. 

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Hilarious deals.

Carroll is worth 10 million quid TOPS.

Tottenham trying to bring in Forlan and get denied by them and half of Spain
laugh.gif
. No one want to play for that weak +@# club.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Torres will get kicked and beat pretty hard Sunday, word to Whitney Houston.
So he's worth about what Walcott's worth?  What's he done exactly?

Every player right now seems over priced, but is Torres worth £20M more than him?  Facts are Carroll has a minimum of eight years left at his peak, and Torres has maybe five.  Liverpool basically sold Torres for Suarez and Carroll...easy choice if you ask me.  Torres is a nice player, but useless over the last season or so.  He was pants in the World Cup and Liverpool relied on him way too much last season and this.  It was better for both parties to go their separate ways.  Carroll, should he continue to develop, could be one of the best forwards in the world by the next world cup.  A lot of stuff hinges on it, but should Liverpool get back in to the Champions League, his development should take off nicely.  He's a rare breed nowadays, big, tall, good in the air, good with both feet, has a very capable outside shot and he's quick.  He's basically Torres during his Atleti days. 

I don't understand why Chelsea didn't buy cover in midfield.  The obvious answer is that there wasn't anyone available, but really, Drogba and Anelka just aren't getting good service.  The problem isn't scoring the goals, its creating them.  They have not one creative player in midfield, and their best guy in Lampard is full of injuries this season.  The good news for Chelsea is that Luiz will be able to settle in while all the attention is pointed to Torres. 

http://www.youtube.com/wa...;feature=player_embedded

"It's always very tough to play against Chelsea, they are one of the biggest teams in Europe, always fighting for everything. So after that there is no more to look forward -- it's the top level and this is the target for every footballer. To play in one of the top level clubs in the world and I can do it now, so I have to be very happy, as I am."

laugh.gif

http://www.youtube.com/wa...;feature=player_embedded

"It's always very tough to play against Chelsea, they are one of the biggest teams in Europe, always fighting for everything. So after that there is no more to look forward -- it's the top level and this is the target for every footballer. To play in one of the top level clubs in the world and I can do it now, so I have to be very happy, as I am."

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by forwardlean

Carroll, should he continue to develop, could be one of the best forwards in the world by the next world cup.   He's basically Torres during his Atleti days. 

grin.gif

Carroll, should he continue to develop, could be one of the best forwards in the world by the next world cup.   He's basically Torres during his Atleti days. 

grin.gif

Originally Posted by tonton32

grin.gif
ahhh the classic emoticon response.  I thought adults talked in here.  Let me re-write what I said...perhaps it won't seem so emoticon worthy:

Carroll, if he gets better with time, could be one of many players people argue over who is better in four years time.  He's basically a young player (sub 25) on a team that wasn't winning anything prior to being bought for a high transfer fee, with a view to him winning trophies for his next club.

grin.gif
ahhh the classic emoticon response.  I thought adults talked in here.  Let me re-write what I said...perhaps it won't seem so emoticon worthy:

Carroll, if he gets better with time, could be one of many players people argue over who is better in four years time.  He's basically a young player (sub 25) on a team that wasn't winning anything prior to being bought for a high transfer fee, with a view to him winning trophies for his next club.

grin.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. I know right. The hell is this dude talking about?

grin.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. I know right. The hell is this dude talking about?

FERNANDOOOOOO
pimp.gif

Anelka should play a CAM role and have all three on the pitch at the same time...
eek.gif

and does anyone know when theyll have a squad update for fifa 11? 
nerd.gif
 trying to get in the game earlyyy before everyone n they mama hop off the real/barca train n start rockin wit my chelski crew

FERNANDOOOOOO
pimp.gif

Anelka should play a CAM role and have all three on the pitch at the same time...
eek.gif

and does anyone know when theyll have a squad update for fifa 11? 
nerd.gif
 trying to get in the game earlyyy before everyone n they mama hop off the real/barca train n start rockin wit my chelski crew

The values of Premiership players are ridiculous. Darren Bent for 25m, Carroll for 35m, Torres for 50m. All are very good players but you can generally get non-Premiership players of similar ilk for much less money. I know that Darren Bent is a proven Premiership striker but you cant tell me that this guy is really worth more than a player like Suarez who has proven himself in European and International competitions, can play in multiple attacking roles and is just a more skilled player overall.

Torres is a great addition for Chelsea but 50m for him? A few years ago he was undoubtedly a top 3 CF in the world but he's since suffered injuries and might not even be a top 10 CF at the moment. Chelsea have some other needs and they could've used the funds to bring in 2-3 players instead of just using it all on one guy. Plus, I still think Chelsea lack midfield creativity and that wont change until they look to replace Lampard (which they're hesitant of doing anyways). Nonetheless, they added a very good striker who'll likely score a lot of goals for them. Chelsea also finally got David Luiz who they've been chasing for a while.

Andy Carroll is definitely worth the hype but I think Liverpool definitely bought him impulsively. By immediately spending a good chunk of the Torres money it seems like Liverpool have signaled their intentions of making a run at atleast another Europa League birth this season. Carroll's price is definitely inflated but his game is perfect for the Premiership and he's a nice complementary piece to Suarez.

It looks like Chelsea have money after all but one has to wonder how long they'll be able to keep this up. Despite winning the Premiership last season they still lost 114m pounds and today they spent over 70m on just two players
laugh.gif

The values of Premiership players are ridiculous. Darren Bent for 25m, Carroll for 35m, Torres for 50m. All are very good players but you can generally get non-Premiership players of similar ilk for much less money. I know that Darren Bent is a proven Premiership striker but you cant tell me that this guy is really worth more than a player like Suarez who has proven himself in European and International competitions, can play in multiple attacking roles and is just a more skilled player overall.

Torres is a great addition for Chelsea but 50m for him? A few years ago he was undoubtedly a top 3 CF in the world but he's since suffered injuries and might not even be a top 10 CF at the moment. Chelsea have some other needs and they could've used the funds to bring in 2-3 players instead of just using it all on one guy. Plus, I still think Chelsea lack midfield creativity and that wont change until they look to replace Lampard (which they're hesitant of doing anyways). Nonetheless, they added a very good striker who'll likely score a lot of goals for them. Chelsea also finally got David Luiz who they've been chasing for a while.

Andy Carroll is definitely worth the hype but I think Liverpool definitely bought him impulsively. By immediately spending a good chunk of the Torres money it seems like Liverpool have signaled their intentions of making a run at atleast another Europa League birth this season. Carroll's price is definitely inflated but his game is perfect for the Premiership and he's a nice complementary piece to Suarez.

It looks like Chelsea have money after all but one has to wonder how long they'll be able to keep this up. Despite winning the Premiership last season they still lost 114m pounds and today they spent over 70m on just two players
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

laugh.gif
I agree with most of what you said.  I think you're being a little optimistic about Torres at Chelsea.  But I really don't know if he will pan out for them or not.  I think Chelsea needs a creative midfielder I don't know if they think Ramirez will be that guy in the future or not.  But i think Liverpool made out quite well when you look at it as basically Torres for Suarez and Carroll.  I'd take Suarez and Carroll over Torres right now for sure.

I was a little surprised that Aguero was so willing to stay at Athletico as well.  Would have liked to see him land on a major English Club.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

laugh.gif
I agree with most of what you said.  I think you're being a little optimistic about Torres at Chelsea.  But I really don't know if he will pan out for them or not.  I think Chelsea needs a creative midfielder I don't know if they think Ramirez will be that guy in the future or not.  But i think Liverpool made out quite well when you look at it as basically Torres for Suarez and Carroll.  I'd take Suarez and Carroll over Torres right now for sure.

I was a little surprised that Aguero was so willing to stay at Athletico as well.  Would have liked to see him land on a major English Club.

Dear Arsene,

You do realize that you're competing for four different trophies, right?

You understand that your defense is already thin and are well aware of your team's proclivity for becoming injured, correct?

You understand that you could very easily be top of the table if not for dropped points as a result of late/soft goals, correct?

You do realize that Vermaelen isn't coming back anytime soon and that Sebastien "Danny Almonte" Squillaci is really 48 years old, right?

You understand that you couldn't keep a clean sheet against Ipswich, Leeds or @**#%%* HUDDERSFIELD TOWN, correct?

Yet you do nothing in the transfer window.

%++! you.

Sincerely,

The Fans.

P.S. Manchester says "Thnks!!1! LOL
wink.gif
"

Back
Top Bottom