The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

roll.gif
roll.gif
@ Liverpool supporters "You should have stayed w/ a real team"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I think the way people see the CR7 / Messi debate is a little unfair. Real is !%@+ as far as spraying the ball around and creating chances when you compare them to the elite teams. One pass make a run through the middle, blast the ball over the top..they don't play the game the right way IMO I'm sorry. People tend to forget how CR7 played while he was at ManU when they played FOOTBALL, not saying that other clubs don't, but the stuff they were doing was beautiful. Him, Rooney, Tevez, Evra, Park played some beautiful stuff as far as knowing where the other would be / make the run, 1 touch counter attacks (CL 2nd leg @ the Emirates)

When I watch Real I feel like I see them lacking a certain team aspect of the game. Don't get me wrong they have the best individual talent of any team in Europe probably but they lack a certain team mentality. I know it's a *+##!% counter argument but CR7 has to shoulder MUCH more of the load at Real than Messi does at Barca IMO.

Great game minus the sloppy defense, almost pulled an Arsenal. Awesome to see Sneijder back, such a calming presence in the midfield. Nagatomo looks promising for the left side.

And the eternal Zanetti. Seriously when do you think he'll stop playing? He's 37, sprinting down the line at 88 minutes with loads of energy left, the guy is not human.
laugh.gif

Milan and Lazio dropping points to add on top of a great weekend of footy.
smokin.gif

Great game minus the sloppy defense, almost pulled an Arsenal. Awesome to see Sneijder back, such a calming presence in the midfield. Nagatomo looks promising for the left side.

And the eternal Zanetti. Seriously when do you think he'll stop playing? He's 37, sprinting down the line at 88 minutes with loads of energy left, the guy is not human.
laugh.gif

Milan and Lazio dropping points to add on top of a great weekend of footy.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by RuffRydya08

roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I think the way people see the CR7 / Messi debate is a little unfair. Real is !%@+ as far as spraying the ball around and creating chances when you compare them to the elite teams. One pass make a run through the middle, blast the ball over the top..they don't play the game the right way IMO I'm sorry. People tend to forget how CR7 played while he was at ManU when they played FOOTBALL, not saying that other clubs don't, but the stuff they were doing was beautiful. Him, Rooney, Tevez, Evra, Park played some beautiful stuff as far as knowing where the other would be / make the run, 1 touch counter attacks (CL 2nd leg @ the Emirates)

When I watch Real I feel like I see them lacking a certain team aspect of the game. Don't get me wrong they have the best individual talent of any team in Europe probably but they lack a certain team mentality. I know it's a *+##!% counter argument but CR7 has to shoulder MUCH more of the load at Real than Messi does at Barca IMO.
I think it's about Real's culture, individualism. It's always been like that. One of the reasons they can't beat or have a hard time beating harder teams. They lack chemistry within the team. Both a good and bad thing.

Originally Posted by RuffRydya08

roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I think it's about Real's culture, individualism. It's always been like that. One of the reasons they can't beat or have a hard time beating harder teams. They lack chemistry within the team. Both a good and bad thing.

Today's game was a fair result, both teams looked equal, but Liverpool wanted it more.
I think we should sit Anelka, if we want the Torres and Drogba pairing to work.
David Luiz looked nervous, but still played alright the the little time he was on.

Today's game was a fair result, both teams looked equal, but Liverpool wanted it more.
I think we should sit Anelka, if we want the Torres and Drogba pairing to work.
David Luiz looked nervous, but still played alright the the little time he was on.

I swear Zanetti's face is plastic lol... dude is a symbol of Inter though... props
pimp.gif

Similar to Maldini I guess.

I swear Zanetti's face is plastic lol... dude is a symbol of Inter though... props
pimp.gif

Similar to Maldini I guess.

mad.gif
Well Djourou messed up some Ligaments in his knee.  Looks like it will be Squillaci and Koscielny for the forseeable future.

*#!# you Wenger!
indifferent.gif

mad.gif
Well Djourou messed up some Ligaments in his knee.  Looks like it will be Squillaci and Koscielny for the forseeable future.

*#!# you Wenger!
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by babam11218719

mad.gif

*#!# you Wenger!
indifferent.gif

30t6p3b.gif
I know horrible news. Worst part about it is the injuries happen right after the close of the transfer window. It was a gamble, and we knew it, but **+* we crapped out fast. On the bright side its time for some more international friendlies so some players can get some rest and recover. Cesc and RVP pulled out of their call ups so they'll get some rest aswell.

Originally Posted by babam11218719

mad.gif

*#!# you Wenger!
indifferent.gif

30t6p3b.gif
I know horrible news. Worst part about it is the injuries happen right after the close of the transfer window. It was a gamble, and we knew it, but **+* we crapped out fast. On the bright side its time for some more international friendlies so some players can get some rest and recover. Cesc and RVP pulled out of their call ups so they'll get some rest aswell.

Squillaci cannot cut it. I say Wenger calls up Ignasi Miquel, I have seen him play in reserve games and I must say he would not be worse than Squillaci and he is much quicker.

Squillaci cannot cut it. I say Wenger calls up Ignasi Miquel, I have seen him play in reserve games and I must say he would not be worse than Squillaci and he is much quicker.

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

He needs to do it then because Vermaelen is not coming back anytime soon and I wouldn't be surprised if DJ was out the rest of the year.  That is why everyone said we needed a CB and then look what happens.

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

He needs to do it then because Vermaelen is not coming back anytime soon and I wouldn't be surprised if DJ was out the rest of the year.  That is why everyone said we needed a CB and then look what happens.

Anyone else hear about this?
laugh.gif
The Arsenal 4-0 to 4-4 collapse in 20 minutes is so unbelievable that Interpol are getting involved and are launching an inquiry to find out whether the match was fixed.

Anyone else hear about this?
laugh.gif
The Arsenal 4-0 to 4-4 collapse in 20 minutes is so unbelievable that Interpol are getting involved and are launching an inquiry to find out whether the match was fixed.

Back
Top Bottom