The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

ive missed having games on mondays and today should be a good one 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Rondembo

Originally Posted by Hazat50

I just have a quick question for the american soccer people in here: how did you get into soccer? Were your parents immigrants and instilled a love of soccer in you or did you start watching it during a trip overseas?
^ Stop trolling, it is annoying. You do also know that soccer is one of the most played sport among youth in the U.S. There is no money in MLS like other sports so they choose another sport.
How am I trolling? And where did I ask about our athletes choosing other sports or whether its played by youth? I just wanted to know why you're into soccer if you're American.
Played it when I was younger+ watching the World Cup made me a soccer fan. Scoring a goal in soccer feels FAR better than making a basket just for how much work it takes to even build up to one. Unless you know how that build-up feels/how it works, you probably won't like soccer (not trying to be on a high horse or anything here). Same way foreigners don't like American football cause they don't get how its like a chess match where every move/play has to be planned out carefully

And about American football, the "high" scores are exaggerated since TDs are worth 6, FGs worth 3, etc. If you divide the #s the scoring is comparable to most soccer games

I just have a quick question for the american soccer people in here: how did you get into soccer? Were your parents immigrants and instilled a love of soccer in you or did you start watching it during a trip overseas?
^ Stop trolling, it is annoying. You do also know that soccer is one of the most played sport among youth in the U.S. There is no money in MLS like other sports so they choose another sport.
How am I trolling? And where did I ask about our athletes choosing other sports or whether its played by youth? I just wanted to know why you're into soccer if you're American.
Played it when I was younger+ watching the World Cup made me a soccer fan. Scoring a goal in soccer feels FAR better than making a basket just for how much work it takes to even build up to one. Unless you know how that build-up feels/how it works, you probably won't like soccer (not trying to be on a high horse or anything here). Same way foreigners don't like American football cause they don't get how its like a chess match where every move/play has to be planned out carefully

And about American football, the "high" scores are exaggerated since TDs are worth 6, FGs worth 3, etc. If you divide the #s the scoring is comparable to most soccer games

How did you become so ignorant? Were your parents junkies and had a failed abortion attempt or did they just drop you at birth?
Im not flaming, i just wanted  to know how you became so benighted. 

How did you become so ignorant? Were your parents junkies and had a failed abortion attempt or did they just drop you at birth?

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

chill out fam. dude asked a mostly legitimate question. soccer isn't at all a popular sport here and we all have reasons that we got into it.

personally, i have a brazilian mom but she was never that into sports. soccer was always the sport i was best at, and i started to embrace it in brazil growing up, watching ronaldo.

ronaldo plus fifa just really made me understand the game and get to know the players, and as i started playing at higher levels i began to regularly watch as much as possible. now ill watch damn near any game in any league and i got teams i follow in most leagues.

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

chill out fam. dude asked a mostly legitimate question. soccer isn't at all a popular sport here and we all have reasons that we got into it.

personally, i have a brazilian mom but she was never that into sports. soccer was always the sport i was best at, and i started to embrace it in brazil growing up, watching ronaldo.

ronaldo plus fifa just really made me understand the game and get to know the players, and as i started playing at higher levels i began to regularly watch as much as possible. now ill watch damn near any game in any league and i got teams i follow in most leagues.

Wow, Carlitos appears to have a pretty serious injury... according to interweb rumors anyway.

Carroll hat trick looks imminent.

Wow, Carlitos appears to have a pretty serious injury... according to interweb rumors anyway.

Carroll hat trick looks imminent.

Back
Top Bottom