The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Yeah, I didn't know if it was just because I've been watching some crap soccer lately, but the way Pato was bringing down those long balls was just
eek.gif
. So effortless and perfect.

Brazil is so technically skilled it's ridiculous. I could see them putting away 3+ goals this half.

Yeah, I didn't know if it was just because I've been watching some crap soccer lately, but the way Pato was bringing down those long balls was just
eek.gif
. So effortless and perfect.

Brazil is so technically skilled it's ridiculous. I could see them putting away 3+ goals this half.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

^ Yeah after I saw decent replays it was clear that it was intentional. Amazing goal, it's so easy to just smash that 20 rows deep when the ball is that high when you kick it.

And I was talking to myboy about woman's soccer players and how the gap between them and menis SO MUCH smaller than that between basketball players, etc. I've beenplaying soccer all my life and am halfway decent, and I've definitelybeen nutmegged by girls a few times.

It'd be fascinating to see Marta give it a go in a men's league. There's always the possibility that she'd be physically manhandled (no pun), but she's so talented. The goal she scored against the US a couple of years back where she flicked the ball behind the player was just ridiculous.

Excited to see Neymar play for the first time.
pimp.gif
indifferent.gif

^ Yeah after I saw decent replays it was clear that it was intentional. Amazing goal, it's so easy to just smash that 20 rows deep when the ball is that high when you kick it.

And I was talking to myboy about woman's soccer players and how the gap between them and menis SO MUCH smaller than that between basketball players, etc. I've beenplaying soccer all my life and am halfway decent, and I've definitelybeen nutmegged by girls a few times.

It'd be fascinating to see Marta give it a go in a men's league. There's always the possibility that she'd be physically manhandled (no pun), but she's so talented. The goal she scored against the US a couple of years back where she flicked the ball behind the player was just ridiculous.

Excited to see Neymar play for the first time.
pimp.gif
indifferent.gif

pimp.gif
 @ brasil not scoring
Don't really hate the team but definitely dislike all the "die-hard brasil fans" who have 0 connection to the country or have never even visited there

pimp.gif
 @ brasil not scoring
Don't really hate the team but definitely dislike all the "die-hard brasil fans" who have 0 connection to the country or have never even visited there

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

pimp.gif
 @ brasil not scoring
Don't really hate the team but definitely dislike all the "die-hard brasil fans" who have 0 connection to the country or have never even visited there.
Says the Barca fan.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
 @ brasil not scoring
Don't really hate the team but definitely dislike all the "die-hard brasil fans" who have 0 connection to the country or have never even visited there.
Says the Barca fan.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by babam11218719

pimp.gif
 @ brasil not scoring
Says the Barca fan.
laugh.gif
Club fan=Country fan?? By your comment should I assume your favorite team is in the MLS? Maybe my Barca fanhood is an example of "bandwagoning" but it's no different from any other American soccer fan, or foreigners whose favorite teams are in the NBA

Plus if anything I've been to Barcelona several times, I can speak Catalan and know the Catalan culture. I should be given a pass 
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by babam11218719

pimp.gif
 @ brasil not scoring
Says the Barca fan.
laugh.gif
Club fan=Country fan?? By your comment should I assume your favorite team is in the MLS? Maybe my Barca fanhood is an example of "bandwagoning" but it's no different from any other American soccer fan, or foreigners whose favorite teams are in the NBA

Plus if anything I've been to Barcelona several times, I can speak Catalan and know the Catalan culture. I should be given a pass 
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

And I was talking to my boy about woman's soccer players and how the gap between them and men is SO MUCH smaller than that between basketball players, etc. I've been playing soccer all my life and am halfway decent, and I've definitely been nutmegged by girls a few times.
in some respects the womens game is better from what i've seen so far in the world cup - i mean less diving, whining, arguing with ref etc. the spirit of the game is better. i was surprised how hard these girls were playing, i mean i was watching the usa play the other day and both teams were going hard into the tackle - not giving up anything. and fair play to both teams, they wouldn't make anything of it and just get up and continue playing.

Back
Top Bottom