The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

That PK was debatable. Marta was coming from behind the defender, it was 50/50 and the defender was shielding the ball, Marta came in with that flying on some Jet-Li *** with that kick....and she still got a foul, somewhat debatable. 

But that PK redo....
indifferent.gif

Alex Morgan 
pimp.gif

That PK was debatable. Marta was coming from behind the defender, it was 50/50 and the defender was shielding the ball, Marta came in with that flying on some Jet-Li *** with that kick....and she still got a foul, somewhat debatable. 

But that PK redo....
indifferent.gif

Alex Morgan 
pimp.gif

The red card was 100% the right call.

The yellow and retake was more controversial but Solo CLEARLY took a huge step to her left BEFORE the ball was kicked. 99% of the time refs won't call that, but given the yellow card I'm thinking the ref may have warned Solo about movement before the ball was spotted for the PK.
EDIT:

I stand corrected, PK retake was a bad call. In 1997 FIFA made it legal for goalkeepers to move laterally along the goal line before a PK is taken.

The red card was 100% the right call.

The yellow and retake was more controversial but Solo CLEARLY took a huge step to her left BEFORE the ball was kicked. 99% of the time refs won't call that, but given the yellow card I'm thinking the ref may have warned Solo about movement before the ball was spotted for the PK.
EDIT:

I stand corrected, PK retake was a bad call. In 1997 FIFA made it legal for goalkeepers to move laterally along the goal line before a PK is taken.

One of the worse officiating calls I have ever seen in any sport my whole life. I'm not even a fan of either squad I'm just watching neutrally as a soccer fan and that just pissed me the hell off. I cannot believe they gave them a 2nd penalty...Hope didn't even move an inch forward on that PK. 
indifferent.gif

One of the worse officiating calls I have ever seen in any sport my whole life. I'm not even a fan of either squad I'm just watching neutrally as a soccer fan and that just pissed me the hell off. I cannot believe they gave them a 2nd penalty...Hope didn't even move an inch forward on that PK. 
indifferent.gif

+1 on Persia's post on the red...

Seems like a harsh decision on Solo, but were the US players encroaching the box and Solo complained, leading to the yellow?

+1 on Persia's post on the red...

Seems like a harsh decision on Solo, but were the US players encroaching the box and Solo complained, leading to the yellow?

Darke started talking about the respect between the two teams and just referred to US and Brazil as stars in the galaxy on a collision course
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif

Darke started talking about the respect between the two teams and just referred to US and Brazil as stars in the galaxy on a collision course
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif

that was NOT a pk..

marta lunged with her both her feet, of course she was gonna fall down.

that was NOT a pk..

Originally Posted by Demps

that was NOT a pk..

The lunge by Marta happened after/because of the arm bar by the US defender. Had it not been for the arm extended across her chest she would have gotten to the ball first. You can't impede an offensive player from getting a shot on goal with your arm. That is always a red card.

Back
Top Bottom