The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Keepie Upie, you see why I dont rate Arsenal? 5+ years now...Wenger has us playing the exact same style and for 5+ years its led to absolutely nothing.
i hear you man...sometimes in big games like this the manager needs to make some big decisions...

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Keepie Uppie wrote:
this...

lots of it...
laugh.gif

but the win makes it all worth it...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Keepie Upie, you see why I dont rate Arsenal? 5+ years now...Wenger has us playing the exact same style and for 5+ years its led to absolutely nothing.
i hear you man...sometimes in big games like this the manager needs to make some big decisions...

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Keepie Uppie wrote:
this...

lots of it...
laugh.gif

but the win makes it all worth it...
pimp.gif

boring game. i agree with the poster who said the result was flattering for arsenal - it was clear from about the 30 minute mark we would not score and our defense is awful - clichy makes at least 5 plays a game where i am left thinking !%+.

boring game. i agree with the poster who said the result was flattering for arsenal - it was clear from about the 30 minute mark we would not score and our defense is awful - clichy makes at least 5 plays a game where i am left thinking !%+.

Originally Posted by ChipToothSmile

good win for united. Im new to soccer so why does wenger get alot of hate? he doesn't put the ball in the net
He's been Arsenal coach since 1996...he famously brought a bunch of inexpensive talent to Arsenal that ended up winning Arsenal many trophies. The Premiership has gone through a lot of change in the last 6 years as a result of clubs like Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and now Man City spending a ton of money to boost their sides. During that same period those first 3 clubs were able to win trophies while Wenger has insisted on kicking veterans to the curb and scouting and developing young players into 'world class talent'. The problem is very few of his signings have panned out as expected and he continues to employ a policy that no longer works in an era where clubs are spending freely to compete for titles. When Arsenal were winning they were top 2 in spending alongside Man Utd and its no surprise that both clubs were flip-flopping at the top of the table. Since then other clubs have spent big money while Wenger continues trying to brain wash supporters into thinking that a bunch of young and cheap players can win trophies in this day and age.

The only big club right now that has successfully developed young players into a great team is Barcelona. The rest of them have spent money to address their weaknesses. With Wenger its just buy a bunch of teenagers and hope that they can compete with Chelsea, Man Utd, etc. Wenger has run out of excuses...he said this was a 5-year project and we're now in year 6 with no light at the end of the tunnel. Arsenal fans cant blame youth and inexperience either. Arsenal have one of the most experienced sides in the Premiership (when you look at how many games these players have played in their careers so far).

Originally Posted by ChipToothSmile

good win for united. Im new to soccer so why does wenger get alot of hate? he doesn't put the ball in the net
He's been Arsenal coach since 1996...he famously brought a bunch of inexpensive talent to Arsenal that ended up winning Arsenal many trophies. The Premiership has gone through a lot of change in the last 6 years as a result of clubs like Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and now Man City spending a ton of money to boost their sides. During that same period those first 3 clubs were able to win trophies while Wenger has insisted on kicking veterans to the curb and scouting and developing young players into 'world class talent'. The problem is very few of his signings have panned out as expected and he continues to employ a policy that no longer works in an era where clubs are spending freely to compete for titles. When Arsenal were winning they were top 2 in spending alongside Man Utd and its no surprise that both clubs were flip-flopping at the top of the table. Since then other clubs have spent big money while Wenger continues trying to brain wash supporters into thinking that a bunch of young and cheap players can win trophies in this day and age.

The only big club right now that has successfully developed young players into a great team is Barcelona. The rest of them have spent money to address their weaknesses. With Wenger its just buy a bunch of teenagers and hope that they can compete with Chelsea, Man Utd, etc. Wenger has run out of excuses...he said this was a 5-year project and we're now in year 6 with no light at the end of the tunnel. Arsenal fans cant blame youth and inexperience either. Arsenal have one of the most experienced sides in the Premiership (when you look at how many games these players have played in their careers so far).

Park and back in 1st
pimp.gif
. Huuuge game against Chelsea next week. They haven't been playing well lately but we can't take a healthy Chelsea squad for granted.

In other news,I think it was a dumb move for the Rovers to fire Allardyce .

Park and back in 1st
pimp.gif
. Huuuge game against Chelsea next week. They haven't been playing well lately but we can't take a healthy Chelsea squad for granted.

In other news,I think it was a dumb move for the Rovers to fire Allardyce .

Ive calmed down quite a bit, but man what a loss.

First off the refereeing was something else though...
howard_webb.jpg

How was that !*@@ Rio not sent off?
How was that a penalty on Clichy?

We had NO attack, no real inspiration, nothing really threatening for 90+ freakin' minutes. I thought Szczesny played well, his one handed save was class but his distribution was really poor. Although we were losing away to OT I don't think Fab should have been rushed back into playing. I'd rather have a 100% Fab in a few more weeks than have a 50% Fab who keeps getting injured (and only looks to play long balls) . Arshavin should have been subbed off for Theo WAAAAY sooner. I like Theo's play this season, he always plays with a sense of urgency looking to take on defenders and hes not afraid to take shots as goal (He's the only real striker we have).

All in all tough loss. Although the game looked close on paper it really wasn't, best we deserved was a draw. Oh and Park's goal was some of that OT magic +$!@ to me too.
/rant

howard_webb.jpg

We had NO attack, no real inspiration, nothing really threatening for 90+ freakin' minutes. I thought Szczesny played well, his one handed save was class but his distribution was really poor. Although we were losing away to OT I don't think Fab should have been rushed back into playing. I'd rather have a 100% Fab in a few more weeks than have a 50% Fab who keeps getting injured (and only looks to play long balls) . Arshavin should have been subbed off for Theo WAAAAY sooner. I like Theo's play this season, he always plays with a sense of urgency looking to take on defenders and hes not afraid to take shots as goal (He's the only real striker we have).

All in all tough loss. Although the game looked close on paper it really wasn't, best we deserved was a draw. Oh and Park's goal was some of that OT magic +$!@ to me too.
/rant

Originally Posted by trunks206

howard_webb.jpg

/rant
Salty

Originally Posted by trunks206

howard_webb.jpg

/rant
Salty

^
laugh.gif
: LOL
Anyway can't wait to see Juventus vs. Manchester City tomorrow
Then Chelsea vs. Manchester United on Sunday.

^
laugh.gif
: LOL
Anyway can't wait to see Juventus vs. Manchester City tomorrow
Then Chelsea vs. Manchester United on Sunday.

Here is the last 16 draw in full:
Roma v Shakhtar
Milan v Tottehnam
Valencia v Schalke
Inter v Bayern
Lyon v Madrid
Arsenal v Barcelona
Marseille v Manchester United
København v Chelsea
I think Tottenham might surprise Milan, Schalke and Bayern will most likely pass, Man U and Chelsea got off easy, and they screwed Arsenal.

Here is the last 16 draw in full:
Roma v Shakhtar
Milan v Tottehnam
Valencia v Schalke
Inter v Bayern
Lyon v Madrid
Arsenal v Barcelona
Marseille v Manchester United
København v Chelsea
I think Tottenham might surprise Milan, Schalke and Bayern will most likely pass, Man U and Chelsea got off easy, and they screwed Arsenal.

arsenal v barca 
laugh.gif

not the best draw for spurs... but im confident we can beat most teams at home

arsenal v barca 
laugh.gif

not the best draw for spurs... but im confident we can beat most teams at home

Sucks for you gooners but it had to be someone
laugh.gif
Milan vs Spurs should be interesting...

Bayern rematch... we'll see how that turns out.

Back
Top Bottom