The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Sucks for you gooners but it had to be someone
laugh.gif
Milan vs Spurs should be interesting...

Bayern rematch... we'll see how that turns out.

I'm not even mad because we put ourselves in this position. This is supposedly our best team in 5+ years and yet they couldnt win their mickey mouse CL group.

The frustrating thing isnt even that we're going up against arguably the world's best club in the round-of-16. The frustrating thing is Wenger will try to play free-flowing attacking 4-3-3 football against Barca and we'll likely get embarrassed again. I dont know what the he.ll happened to this silly Frenchman. Prior to 2006 Arsenal were a club capable of grinding out wins and defending well...our last trophy was won with us parking the bus and we managed to make the 06 CL finals due to our very strong defence. Since then Wenger has tried to reinvent the wheel and its cost us year after year. There's a reason why we've conceded 5 goals to Liverpool in 08, 4 to Man Utd in 09 and 6 to Barca in 2010 and its because Wenger never adjusts to our opponents.

On the bright side we're still alive in the mickey mouse Carling Cup.

I'm not even mad because we put ourselves in this position. This is supposedly our best team in 5+ years and yet they couldnt win their mickey mouse CL group.

The frustrating thing isnt even that we're going up against arguably the world's best club in the round-of-16. The frustrating thing is Wenger will try to play free-flowing attacking 4-3-3 football against Barca and we'll likely get embarrassed again. I dont know what the he.ll happened to this silly Frenchman. Prior to 2006 Arsenal were a club capable of grinding out wins and defending well...our last trophy was won with us parking the bus and we managed to make the 06 CL finals due to our very strong defence. Since then Wenger has tried to reinvent the wheel and its cost us year after year. There's a reason why we've conceded 5 goals to Liverpool in 08, 4 to Man Utd in 09 and 6 to Barca in 2010 and its because Wenger never adjusts to our opponents.

On the bright side we're still alive in the mickey mouse Carling Cup.

Originally Posted by r9brockburst

Here is the last 16 draw in full:
Roma v Shakhtar
Milan v Tottehnam
Valencia v Schalke
Inter v Bayern
Lyon v Madrid
Arsenal v Barcelona
Marseille v Manchester United
København v Chelsea
I think Tottenham might surprise Milan, Schalke and Bayern will most likely pass, Man Utd and Chelsea got off easy, and they screwed Arsenal.
it's not gonna be that easy...
gotta give Marseille respect for being Ligue 1 champs last season and although they're currently 5th halfway thru their season,they're only 4pts off league leaders Lille...

here's my pick to advance:

- Roma
- Milan
- Valencia
- Bayern
- Real Madrid
- Barcelona
laugh.gif

- Manchester United
- Chelsea

Originally Posted by r9brockburst

Here is the last 16 draw in full:
Roma v Shakhtar
Milan v Tottehnam
Valencia v Schalke
Inter v Bayern
Lyon v Madrid
Arsenal v Barcelona
Marseille v Manchester United
København v Chelsea
I think Tottenham might surprise Milan, Schalke and Bayern will most likely pass, Man Utd and Chelsea got off easy, and they screwed Arsenal.
it's not gonna be that easy...
gotta give Marseille respect for being Ligue 1 champs last season and although they're currently 5th halfway thru their season,they're only 4pts off league leaders Lille...

here's my pick to advance:

- Roma
- Milan
- Valencia
- Bayern
- Real Madrid
- Barcelona
laugh.gif

- Manchester United
- Chelsea

Man Utd and Chelsea got off easy

Marseille very well might end up pulling an upset against United. There's a reason why Pep Guardiola wanted to avoid them most of all.

Shaktar might pull off an upset against Roma as well. I don't see any upsets in other games with clear favorites though.

Marseille very well might end up pulling an upset against United. There's a reason why Pep Guardiola wanted to avoid them most of all.

Shaktar might pull off an upset against Roma as well. I don't see any upsets in other games with clear favorites though.

Spurs destroyed Inter in the home fixture so I don't see how Milan won't have problems with Spurs pacey attackers either considering they are older/slower in midfield.

Spurs destroyed Inter in the home fixture so I don't see how Milan won't have problems with Spurs pacey attackers either considering they are older/slower in midfield.

^ Yeah alot of our players wanted another shot at Barca so I guess we got what we wished for.

Personally I didnt really care who we faced because you've got to beat the best to crowned the champs...last year Inter beat the title holders in arguably 3 biggest leagues (English, Spanish, and German) on their way to hoisting the title. Last year's home leg was a complete thrill to watch and we even set ourselves up pretty well at the Camp Nou when Bendtner opened the scoring.
laugh.gif
 Yes I know what Messi did after that, but I hope this time we can contain him.
laugh.gif

Plus the game isnt until another 2 months so who knows what form well be in come game time. If the people we had missing in the second leg are back at the top of their game (Cesc, RVP and Vermaelen) who knows what we can do.

There are some fun match-up in this draw though.

^ Yeah alot of our players wanted another shot at Barca so I guess we got what we wished for.

Personally I didnt really care who we faced because you've got to beat the best to crowned the champs...last year Inter beat the title holders in arguably 3 biggest leagues (English, Spanish, and German) on their way to hoisting the title. Last year's home leg was a complete thrill to watch and we even set ourselves up pretty well at the Camp Nou when Bendtner opened the scoring.
laugh.gif
 Yes I know what Messi did after that, but I hope this time we can contain him.
laugh.gif

Plus the game isnt until another 2 months so who knows what form well be in come game time. If the people we had missing in the second leg are back at the top of their game (Cesc, RVP and Vermaelen) who knows what we can do.

There are some fun match-up in this draw though.

Sha
ktar might pull off an upset against Roma as well. I don't see any upsets in other games with clear favorites though.

I know Marseille is not a small time Mickey Mouseclub, but if Man U handled Rangers and Valencia without much trouble, I don'tsee how much trouble they could be for United. 

Guardiola said he did notwant to face Marseille because they were one of the "easier" clubsthey could face, and he simply wants to prevent his team from becomingcomplacent, so he is trying to make them stay hungry and challenge for alltitles as if they have never won them before.

Sha
ktar might pull off an upset against Roma as well. I don't see any upsets in other games with clear favorites though.

I know Marseille is not a small time Mickey Mouseclub, but if Man U handled Rangers and Valencia without much trouble, I don'tsee how much trouble they could be for United. 

Guardiola said he did notwant to face Marseille because they were one of the "easier" clubsthey could face, and he simply wants to prevent his team from becomingcomplacent, so he is trying to make them stay hungry and challenge for alltitles as if they have never won them before.

@+#$ I forgot Sagna is out for the first game which means Eboue will most likely be our starting RB.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

@+#$ I forgot Sagna is out for the first game which means Eboue will most likely be our starting RB.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

i also hope its will be a challenge for barca, but we all know that barca should come out on top with little problems 

i also hope its will be a challenge for barca, but we all know that barca should come out on top with little problems 

Back
Top Bottom